Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm not clued up much about how best to go about getting rid of my red marks left by old spots. I've read so much like use ACV, Baking Soda, Lemon etc that I don't know were to turn to. I am trying acv but am just drinking it rather than rubbing it on my spots.

Anyway i'm just looking for some help. Would me taking something like Zinc tablets help me with my red marks, or at least maybe stop a few small spots appearing?

I think the best way is to experiment for yourself. Some things work for some but not others. Just because ACV completely transformed another person's skin doesn't mean it'll do the same for yours. I've been having these marks for about a year now, and I tried everything I read about online- everything from potatoes to mederma. NONE of them worked for me. Right now, I just kind of made up my own regimen (with the help of info from acne.org and other sources), but even if I wrote out what I'm currently using- it may not work for you. That's probably the trickiest part about red marks. Just be sure, whatever you try, that it won't ruin your skin. The only thing I tried that exacerbated my marks was Neutrogena's on the spot (odd- I know), but lucky for me, the hyperpigmentation from that faded away in a couple of days. G'luck!

You should check out my topic on red-marks and this product called Vita-K it did wonders for me! Another thing I found while doing my Accutane course was Polysporin (or Neosporin if your in the U.S.A.). You apply it as soon as you have "dealt" with a pimple and apply it every night before bed for a couple of days and it takes the red marks away amazingly fast. Be sure to pick up the triple heal kind instead of the regular.

OK, i'm going to keep up with the acv as its faded a few newer red marks over the past few weeks.

The only reason I asked whether Zinc tablets would work is because we've got some in the cupboardand i've read that we need zinc in our bodies and it helps keep acne away, might be wrong though.