Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plython

How I got clear

I won't lie to you :^o , I've never used that many products before. I started out maybe a year ago in 8th grade with quality skin. Then I got 3 pimples on my forehead. I used to pick them until they bleeded. Towards the middle of 8th grade my acne escalated and I went from really mild to a very moderate, almost severe. I would get 5+ pimples a day and I would pick them. I was on a generic 5% Benzoyl Cream that I didn't rub in all the way (just applied a thin film, left sit, then wiped off with a damp towel).

My mother noticed how severe my acne was becoming. My mother is 42 years old and has real bad scars and still gets pimples every day. We went to the dermatologist and I walked out with:

1) Benzoyl Peroxide 5% Creamy Wash

2) Clindamycin Phosphate 1%

3) Retin-A micro 0.04%

4) Minocycline HCL 100mg pills

I was supposed to wash face with Benzoyl Peroxide 2x a day, once in morning, once at night. Apply Clindamycin in morning, Retin-A at night, along with the pills at night.

I never stayed strict to this regimen. Within 1 month I had spilled all the Clindamycin down the drain. I hadn't even opened my Retin-A for 3 months. I never took the minocycline until 2 months ago (4 months afetr the prescription.)

But for these past three months, I'd say at least 1 day out of the week I've been doing everything I was told to do (with exception of the Clindamycin, which I have no more left of).

This past month I did everything the way I was supposed to every day of the week. I am now happy to say I am pimple free, I just have some redness on my chin from when I popped pimples or picked them (I still do it, I know it's bad...)

My point is if you don't want to do accutane, torazorac (or whatever) then this should help you. I never really practiced this regimen and it cleared me up in 1 month. I'll get some pics up soon and you'll see what I mean. I look completely different now. I am going to keep this regimen up until my redness goes away, then switch to dans to keep acne away.

Peace.