Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iloveskating96

White flaky things

Ok so lately right after i take a shower i get white flaky looking things around where my blackheads are. I dont try to remove them because i dont know what they are but they go away within 15-30 minutes. Idk what they are so thats why im asking o and also i use the "basis sensitive skin bar". I would get the regmin one but my parents wont let me order online =[. but yea helpp lol

dead skin cells probably.

yea after you cleanse (or a hot shower/long shower), your skins oils are taken away, thereby exposing your dead skin, then after 20 30 mins, the skin makes more oil and the dead skin seems to be covered up and not really visible.

I guess try moisturizing even though it might not actually treat it, more of a maintainer, or something that covers it up like makeup, but it may treat it for you..

But I've personally been just ignoring them, not cleansing my face with chemicals, just water, water that is neither hot or cold. I think it helps (not cure) the skin from dying so much in the first place.

I've personally been just ignoring them, not cleansing my face with chemicals, just water, water that is neither hot or cold. I think it helps (not cure) the skin from dying so much in the first place.

What kind of moisturizer do you use such that you are comfortable with just water, say in the morning (that is when I feel the greasiest)? "Just water" doing well?

I've personally been just ignoring them, not cleansing my face with chemicals, just water, water that is neither hot or cold. I think it helps (not cure) the skin from dying so much in the first place.

What kind of moisturizer do you use such that you are comfortable with just water, say in the morning (that is when I feel the greasiest)? "Just water" doing well?

well, ive tried this just water technique for months and months, and it made my acne go away... but of course I had/have flakey dry skin.

very recently however, ive just stopped even using water, and that is even better.. I think for me, but its too early to tell, this is only the past week, and ive also been taking centrum pills every day for 2 weeks, could be that too..

Ive tried cetaphil moisturizer, olay, and recently jojoba oil. They do their job or covering it up nicely, but as the day progresses my skin gets greasy, even with the lightest layer of moisturizer. Also, these mositurizers bring a couple pimples along the way.

Um, as for actual results, I dont know. you can use many chemicals to EASE maintaining flakey skin, by constantly taking them away, and then repeating the cycle. But I find that to just make things worse, and I hate dependence on chemicals, but really Id use chemicals if they eventually started slowing down the shedding off the skin cells after repeated use, but Ive yet to find one.

so, what im trying to do now is just reduce/eliminate the skin from dying so abnormally in the first place, like I used to use cetaphil cleanser, it made my whole cheek flake. Stopped that. I used to wash with hot water only because hot water is better at taking oils away from the skin than normal, but I stopped that as well. Now I'm using warm leaning on the cold side water. Thats it. Yea I am just leaving the dead skin cells there.. I dont take them off until they are visible within close range. When its time to take them off, I use jojoba oil to massage them away, not irritating at all. But I dont leave the jojoba oil on, I cleanse with a chemicals, this is the only time I use chemical.

They only usually are visible after I take a shower anyway. After 20 mins, they dont GO away, they just turn from white to skin color making it less visible, and maybe attached into the skin more because of the skin oils.