Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pandora0646

Beginning my third week of CSR!

I hope the two pumps of BP can now finally put an end to your troubles. I am about to begin the regimen and I'm gonna be careful and just start with a very little bit and slowly work my way up. I'm praying we both have success stories soon!

Thank you, King! It's very wise to start slowly at the beginning and, if you don't already have it, order some of Dan's Jojoba oil TODAY...it will make your time on the regimen bearable whereas you will have flakey, itchy skin for forever if you don't use it. Use a ton before your BP and use it in your lotion too. It seems that the two full pumps IS starting to kick in..all of my active acne is going down alot and even my red marks are starting to fade...I've started drinking alot of Rooibos tea so I think that is also helping quite a bit. I order The Republic of Tea 'Get Gorgeous' tea and it doesn't taste bad like most other types of normal Rooibos tea. The Regimen really seems to be kicking in now! I feel like my makeup goes on well everyday and that the spots are just drying up and fading away..I can't wait to have it be totally clear and not have to worry about breaking out when I have enough stressful things to worry about with my Masters classes and teaching. I started my 6th week yesterday - so excited to see my skin at 2 full months! Even though it seems like forever when you're waiting for clear skin, it is well worth the short wait to see acne-less skin!

So I'm watching Aeon Flux. Her skin is so gorgeous I want to cry. Will my skin ever look this amazing? Although I do feel I wake up with less pimples, or that the ones I have are drying up, the overall look of my skin is still awful...I have red hyperpigmentation that really doesn't want to go away. I'm using AHA plus and also I have small bumps under my skin near the corners of my mouth..will the BP take care of these? I know I'm only on my sixth month and that that I'll look very different at three months, I've just spent so much time hating my skin that it feels like it will never be able to live up to my standards. Maybe I should just try accutane. But I've heard so much about it only working for a time and then the acne comes back. I know I should be happy about my progress and I am. I just want perfect skin so badly I feel I'm going to go crazy if I can't have it at some point in my life!

I only use jojoba before cleanser if I want to exfoliate with it. In that case, you do use a smaller amount on completely dry skin and gently buff around the face, gathering the dry skin. After this, you cleanse the skin, pat, and then I typically pat tons of jojoba onto my skin to counteract dryness. It won't soak in totally since it's oil, so after a couple minutes of sitting on the skin I apply the two full pumps of BP and allow it to dry. After this dries, I apply lots of moisturizer with jojoba so I won't start flaking throughout the day. Since my skin can be very oily from using so much jojoba, after the moisturizer has soaked in a few minutes, I take a long piece of toilet paper or a kleenex and gently set it on my skin, I allow the excess oil and moisturizer to soak into the material so I can successfully apply makeup or just get through the day without looking like an oil slick. I've found this works really well...hope it helps, King!

hey i followed your advice this morning but not sure if i did it right...

applied a little jojoba to the flaked/peeling areas..kind of gently patted it on

waited a little bit then rinsed with warm water, then applied cleanser - then rinsed & dried off

then patted on lots of jojoba - did not rinse or dry

waited about 5 mins & applied BP

waited approx 10-12 mins applied moisturizer mixed with jojoba

Hey King-

Yeah, you didn't buff the jojoba on dry skin to get all the flakes off...it's important to do that otherwise you'll end up with dead skin cells layering one on top of the other, blocking your pores and creating more acne. After you've buffed the jojoba on dry skin, gathering the flakes on your skin, wash with the cleanser, pat your face dry and then pat on jojoba. I only wait a minute or two before applying BP because jojoba won't really absorb into the skin like lotion does. After the BP dries, make sure to apply lots of lotion, let that sit in the then gently pat a long piece of toilet paper all over your face to keep it from being really shiny..hope this helps!

I'll be beginning my eighth week tomorrow and I have been able to see considerable improvement in my skin being on the regimen. I'm still not completely clear, but I've read that some people aren't completely clear until three full months on the regimen. I don't have any real cystic activity right now, so that's a nice break from those things. My problem areas - both jawlines- are considerably clearer although I feel they are just waiting to breakout again. I have a tender pimple right below my chin - probably from my period judging by the location. I can't wait to have completely clear skin - absolutely NO pimples. Last night I tried something different. After watching my face I applied a thin layer of AHA plus before the BP and let that dry a bit. I found it difficult to apply the BP since it felt slippery after having applied the AHA plus. Although it was a little more difficult, I had good results with it since I woke up with all the BP having dried. I used two pumps and a half to accomodate the difficulty with putting on the BP...I want to put the AHA plus on first because I feel it will give better result being directly on my skin first instead of going on after two layers of BP..we'll see how things work out...

Today I looked at Number1Nerd's photo gallery for encouragement..it took her almost four whole months to get totally clear but her skin looks great now after a full year..not to mention she's hilarious. Anyway, she had pimples like I do and redmarks like mine as well so I'm hoping that mine will go away in a few months with the AHA plus..it's really nice to have encouragement from this website...keeps me on track

I'm frustrated with my skin, but it is getting better. I no longer get cystic acne and my breakouts are minimizing. A couple days ago I got four new whiteheads and had to pop them with a sterilized needle and get them out. I put alcohol on the individual spots to keep them from getting infected since I still had some of my makeup on. They have been drying up and looking a little better. At least I don't have huge whiteheads on my face! I talked to Brandy about my considerations about three months being the golden ticket to clear skin. I really want completely clear skin. I need it, I'm counting on it. At three months I hope to have clear skin and be continually working on the hyperpigmentation and under-the-surface bumps I still have on my face. We'll see I suppose.

I am in the third day of my tenth week on the regimen and I am clear on the outside. Although I am happy, I am also expectant...expectant of another breakout. After years of getting breakout after breakout it's hard not to think like that I suppose. I still feel some tenderness in an isolated area on my left side so I'm hoping nothing comes of that and that it just subsides and stops being sensitive. I had another whitehead come up right next to one of the huge whiteheads I drained a few days ago. Since it wasn't that big I let it die on it's own without messing with it. The whitehead is gone although I still have the bump. That's why I get so tempted to drain them with the needle; so that bump will be gone immediately along with the infection. Oh well...I still have tons of tiny bumps under the suface of my skin but I WILL NOT pick them or I"ll break out again; I know it. I am hoping that now I am on the uphill side of the regimen and now I will just need to maintain clear skin. I took Brandy's advice and stopped using the jojoba before I put on the BP. Since doing that my pimples have begun drying up much more quickly and I believe it has been keeping any pimples that want to come up at bay. Since I am only using a pump and a half now my skin isn't dry at all. I don't flake during the day or have dry spots which is amazing. In the morning I put moisturizer on areas I know typically will flake..also it has been reasonably humid here lately. Regrardless of if this is my totally clear moment or not, I am grateful for having found this website- I no longer have painful cysts on my face and I feel confident knowing my hyperpigmentation will fade with time as I become clear and stay clear. Even though I have been cursed with acne, being able to moderate it and keep it at bay with this regimen is so encouraging...I can't wait to see how I look a few more months from now!

Wow! Congratulations on your progress. Just keep your head up...I am sure that you will stay clear from here on out! You give us all inspiration.

Wow your results are promising!! How do you combat the really shiny oily look after applying the BP+Moisturizer in the morning? It makes me feel really self concious when my skin looks like that before heading to work.

I am contemplating only using BP+ Moisturizer at night and just the cleanser + BP spot treatment in the morning. Do you think I will still see results?

Oh BTW you are beautiful even with acne ;P

Hello! First of all, thank you, that is really kind of you to say :-) Are you a boy or a girl? Because I wear makeup and I combat the shiny look by 1. applying BP and letting it dry completely 2. Apply moisturizer only to the spots that might become dry during the day and 3. allow the moisturizer to set in and then take a piece of toilet paper and gently blot the excess moisturizer/oil off to be able to put on makeup. As for your slightly alterered regimen, I think it is best to do everything exactly how the regimen is laid out until you get completely clear and then you can spot treat in the morning perhaps. I would actually suggest not using moisturizer at night if your skin isn't too flakey. AHA is also really helpful for taking care of dry skin although I like to apply it directly to the skin, not on top of BP since it sloughs better on bare skin and takes care of flakes and hyperpigmentation...I only use Acne.org products and I follow it diligently, I am now totally clear of active acne at around ten weeks and five days. I thought I was having a new breakout and I got frustrated, but apparently I actually have cat-scratch disease. Wow it throbs and stings. My roomate just got a kitten that wanted to play with my earring and ended up knicking my face in the precise area I now have painful postules that, even though I drained them, are still just as painful under the surface. Just my luck, huh? Get clear skin only to get a disease on my face of all places. Awesome. At least when this goes away I won't have to deal with active acne anymore - hurray! I still have small bumps under the surface, but I'm sure they'll go away and as long as I don't have cysts, I'm alright. The one and a half pumps is keeping my skin from being too dry, so I think I will stick with that amount from here on out, especially since cold weather is coming...anyway, hope the advice helps!

Yes that most certainly helps I never thought of just doing spot treatment with the moisturizer I think that will help with my issue with a shiny glossy face :P

Honestly I feel alot better already my skin doesnt feel scaley and tight like it did with the BP 8% wash it actually feels healthy o.O I guess it's just the initial couple hours after applying everything where my skin reacts adversely and then beyond that my normal color returns and my skin feels a lil better :)

I am very thankful I have this regime to try even though I had access to any kind of prescription medications this actually feels healthier and less demanding on my skin!!

Thanks for the advice pandora :)

Congratulations again!!!

Your posts really give me inspiration to keep with the regime.

I was just wondering whether you exfoliate every morning with the jojoba oil?

Thanks!

abz1nthe, you're using a gentle cleanser, not a medicated wash right? If your skin is feeling overly tight and burns, maybe you should use a little less BP to get your skin used to the amount slowly or it will actually hinder the process...

Snood11,

I actuallly don't use the jojoba anymore..I used to, but then I started considering whether it was inducing the small bumps below the surface on my face...I wanted to apply the BP to bare skin to try to dry up every bump. At the beginning of the regimen I don't believe I could have gone without jojoba..my skin was way too flaky and it caused problems with being able to apply more and more BP but since my skin has adjusted and I have been using only one and a half pumps, my skin is no longer dry and whenever I have trouble with dryness I just apply AHA plus to my face after the BP has dried. It works really well at this stage in the regimen for me. I still honestly can't believe I am totally clear..and after only almost eleven weeks. No accutane, no antibios. The only thing to work on now is the hyperpigmentation and the cat-scratch sores I have. Although they look remarkably like acne, they are much more painful and I'm worried they might scar. Hopefully this is not the case and they will go away quickly...Good luck!!

Wow! That is just so great.

So, do you ever do the jojoba exfoliation before you cleanse? I am just trying to figure out a way to get all of these flakes and dead skin off of my face...and so far that seems like the best way.

Also, do you ever still mix in some drops of jojoba oil with your moisturizer?

THANKS!

Snood- I haven't used jojoba in quite a while now actually. I typically will use AHA plus now for dry skin, but my skin can handle it now. Depending on where your skin is in the regimen, I would use jojoba for gentle exfoliation and AHA plus for a much more slough-like exfoliation.

I'm now totally clear and my face doesn't hurt anymore!! I'm SO happy I stuck out this regimen. It took me the total three months to clear 100%, but it was well worth it to have skin I don't have to worry about...the only issue acne-wise I now am dealing with is tiny bumps under the skin around my mouth which I am treating with Mario Basescu Drying Cream at night and then only use BP in the morning all over. I'll give it a few weeks along with using AHA plus...YAY! So happy to not have acne anymore...

Seems to be going very well for you.

I am new to this so can not offer much advice.

But Good luck

Stick at it

and your really pretty. People will look past the acne and probably they won't notice it.

Then in no time it will be gone

Thank you :-) After posting I was clear, I still had a couple more decent pimples come up but at three and a half months I have now been 100% clear for around two weeks now. I can't tell you how amazing it is to be able to not have any acne on your face, have smooth skin, and have the hyperpigmentation begin to go away. My skin looks better than it has in around three years. I don't feel afraid of having my makeup off now and my complexion is only getting better! I'm not doing the regimen day and night. One and a half pumps at night with Mario Badescu drying cream on any spots I might feel slight tenderness or have tiny bumps under the surface. In the morning I use only one pump and after drying, I gently put on Acne.org lotion. About twice a week I use the Acne.org AHA plus and that takes care of the hyperpigmentation and any clogged pores I may have. Ecstatic to have found this regimen!!

The Regimen works so incredibly well. I still can't believe I have pretty skin. I no longer have any breakouts - only one or two tiny whiteheads around my period. I have one pimple on the left side near my cheek that has been there awhile that refuses to go away. It isn't active though - just sitting there. I have been using Makeup Artist's Choice 40% Glycolic Acid peel that I do every week to keep my pores clear and even out my skintone. I still have a small amount of hyperpigmentation since I have been on birth control, but it's almost completely gone! My set regimen now is BP in the morning - but only on the areas that typically break out like my jawlines up to my mid-cheek. I try not to put BP where I don't need it since it is drying. After the BP dries, I mix some of Dan's AHA with my Oil of Olay Sensitive Skin SPF 15 moisturizer and apply that to my entire face. This helps keep my skin incredibly soft and supple regardless of how much BP I use. To combat any dryness, I use Mario Badescu's Cucumber Tonic Mask and it softens any dryness immediately. That and St. Ives Apricot Scrub are both exceptional for taking care of flakiness, although I would recommend the tonic mask more to keep irritation down if you have super sensitive skin. At night, I use Tazorac to combat any wrinkles or discoloration. I still have some small bumps under the skin around my mouth and chin, but I can deal with that as long as I have no active acne. As for makeup, I use Everyday Minerals due to its natural ingredients. No matter how much coverage I need, it never breaks me out. I still use all of my supplements like zinc to keep any inflamation at bay, and I also use a high dose of fish oil to keep my skin radiant. My skin is so smooth and pretty now! While it's not absolute perfection without makeup, having no active acne is allowing my complexion to even out and look better by the week :) Anyone who is hopeful for the regimen to work, please stick through it, your skin just keeps getting better the longer you use it!