Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pandora0646

Beginning my third week of CSR!

Hello all!

My name is Amanda. I have been dealing with mild-moderate acne since puberty. I have been to numerous derms and tried just about everything available both OTC and prescription based, including Accutane. Having found this site, I realize that seems to be the boat we've all been in. How exciting to discover so many others who have endured the same turmoil and are actively attempting to find a 'cure'!

I've already been on Dan's CSR for around 2 full weeks now, going on my third week tomorrow. I mainly get acne on and directly above both of my jawlines, although it has been known to creep to other parts of my face periodically..bastard.

My results with Dan's Regimen so far have been verbatum from the 'what to expect' section of the site - thank God for that. otherwise I would have bolted during that final breakout. As luck would have it, my breakout has been tied to my monthly cycle, so you can imagine my excitement at waking to find numerous looming cystic pimple hovering below the surface the other morning...

My first two weeks were...flakey. I had to use the Neutrogena OTS crap until Dan's BP arrived. It was like Christmas morning the day I saw that in my mainbox. Still some flakiness, but not nearly how it was initially. Besides, the 'what to expect' said that was..well, to be expected.

As of three days ago I bumped up my BP to the full amount, two full pumps of the stuff. Wow, that's alot. Twice a day..takes forever to dry, but it will be worth it to get clear faster by sticking directly to the regimine. I moisturize with Oil of Olay sensitive skin lotion with SPF 15. Great stuff, at night I mix some AHA in with it. I worry about wrinkling. At 23. yikes.

The pimples I 'received' from my breakout a couple days ago seem to be drying up. After I am totally clear I think I will go to BP at night and AHA in the morning since I worry about bleaching effects of BP on my clothes during the day. I'm getting my mom and dad on this regimine too so I want to be the guinea pig for them before they invest in it....way excited to be here..on this journey that is. I was literally a day away from donating my piss sample for Accutane when I stumbled on this site. That must be divine :-)

Here are some pictures from today, July 23rd, 2008 directly after I applied my full dose of BP. Breakout stage = suck.

post-80258-1216871984_thumb.jpg

post-80258-1216872004_thumb.jpg

post-80258-1216872060_thumb.jpg

post-80258-1216871984_thumb.jpg

post-80258-1216872004_thumb.jpg

post-80258-1216872060_thumb.jpg

Ooh good luck! Great to hear your seeing improvements, this site is amazin for advice and support so like everyone else you're lucky to have found it! :D

Why thank you! It's really nice to get a response :D especially since this process is a little scary at first with the initial breakout and all..it's really great to see others having success with it. Those stories and photos keep me from straying from the regimine at all!

So today my skin seems to be back to being very dry. I have been mixing the AHA in with my moisturizer at night to try to combat the flakiness. It stings alot and my face got really hot...The other night I just used only the AHA and put a little down on my neck and woke up with my neck looking like I had just put a curling iron on it. I'm using Neosporin on it to heal it. Maybe it's still too early to use the AHA at all? I figured going into my third week mixing it with moisturizer would be alright..

I'm wanting my skin to get used to the AHA so when I am merely doing maintenance on clear skin I can use AHA in the morning and BP at night. I feel like my skin has aged a couple years since going on this regimine since the BP is so drying. I hope I haven't cased permanent damage by setting in lines and wrinkles from the regimine. Scary! I turn 23 today so I already have aging on my mind :-(

Seems to be going well for you. Just thought i'd say good luck and offer my support.

So today my skin seems to be back to being very dry. I have been mixing the AHA in with my moisturizer at night to try to combat the flakiness.

Thank you :-) I believe my Dad ordered the entire Acne.org system for me including the jojoba oil so I should be getting it very soon. I tried to find the oil at my neighborhood chemist this afternoon but everyone looked at me like I was speaking French. Apparently it is difficult to find this specific oil. I appreciate your advice and support! I also hope your acne issues are progressing well...

Dan recommends not adding AHA into the regimen until at least a month has passed, so I hope that doesn't interfere with your results.

btw you are pretty!

Thank you ) My skin is so INSANELY dry right now that I am at a loss what to do until my Jojoba oil arrives. I have noticed a burning when I use an AHA plus moisturizer mix. I figure that diluting the AHA with moisturizer would help give me the benefits of AHA by taking away flakes but also help even out my complexion. Perhaps it is still too early to start using it. I suppose I"ll just use my lotion to combat the flakes until I can get my oil..bleh..my pimples are drying up well, but I feel like if this dryness continues it will only create an overproduction of oil, resulting in more pimples. boo. No matter how much I continue to apply lotion, my face is like sandpaper. help?

I have now cut out the AHA until another week or so for my month mark...I am just using my Oil of Olay Sensitive Skin lotion after my BP..and using it ALL THE TIME. My face is still like sandpaper. I'm getting pretty discouraged. Tonight I attempted to buff the dry skin off with the open palm of my hand, I hope this wasn't too abrasive. I figured it would be the best choice for 'exfoliation' I could get without rubbing my skin raw. It does feel better, less flakey and more even although I"m worried I will break out now that I have gently rubbed instead of barely touching the skin. I have gotten a few new pimples and have more red marks than I remember as many of the bigger cystic-type pimples have gone down. I get my jojoba oil tomorrow, so I am VERY excited to see if that will help calm my skin from this dryness and keep it from being agitated at all. I am using Vasoline around my eyes to keep them extra moiturized which seems to be working wonderfully. I use a Mario Badescu eye cream during the day and tons of creams and aloe on my throat and neck area since that too has turned to sandpaper. I have a section that literally looks burnt. I know this is only the middle of my third week of the CSR but I guess I was hoping to clear a little quicker. I will stick with it, I just need this dry skin to even out. bleh. Venting on blogs is nice :-)

Sooo...here are some new pics from today after I just washed my face...My skin is still dry and the acne doesn't seem to be going away VERY quickly, but it does seem to be drying up...encouraging I suppose..anyway, I was just looking through other's progress photos to keep me motivated to stay diligent and considered how someone else could look at my photos and be encouraged in the future. I know I will get clear, it just will take a hell of a lot of patience. Eh, what's a few more weeks compared to the rest of my life with active acne? That's rhetorical of course.

post-80258-1217294299_thumb.jpg

post-80258-1217294922_thumb.jpg

post-80258-1217294946_thumb.jpg

post-80258-1217294299_thumb.jpg

post-80258-1217294922_thumb.jpg

post-80258-1217294946_thumb.jpg

Last night I buffed my skin with an open palm again and the extra dead skin I buffed around my face actually served as a decent exfoliation..Today the flakiness isn't nearly as intolerable on my face - I actually have face oils again which I'm SO glad to have back! I genuinely think I just gained five years back to my appearance. Oil, contrary to popular belief, can be a real friend in the aging process. While I did feel a few new pimples coming on, after applying my pump and a half last night and this morning I can feel and see that they never came to fruition - hurray!!! I am looking at other people's progress daily on the site to keep me motivated. I was thinking it would only take me around a month to totally clear but now I'm think more along the two month mark, which is fine with me after an entire lifetime of outbreaks! I can't get over how encouraging it is to be on this website, able to look up advice on application to the treatment of red marks..If I wouldn't have had this site, I know I would have given up the CSR after my initial breakouts. My jojoba didn't come yesterday as I thought it would so perhaps today (hoping)..I would like to start gently exfoliating any dead skin cells with it since I don't want my pores to be clogged with dry skin - I want the BP to be able to penetrate as well as it possibly can. I will continue to post pictures weekly to show my progress..I honestly had no idea my acne was as bad as it is, I guess since it is mainly along my jaw line and is not as readily visible to me all the time..Well, even if no one reads this it's really nice to be able to write and chronicle my excitement and frustration on this journey. :-)

hey, sounds like you have a brilliant attitude for the regimen, you just need to keep patient and diligent, the first month or so is definitely the worst so just keep going and it does get better i promise! the jojoba should help so much, it makes a brilliant exfoliator and really helps moisturise skin, itll probably really help your skin now you've stopped the aha though. just keep the level of bp steady until you really feel like your skin can take some more. anyway dont worry to much, your acne really doesnt look that bad and you're very pretty anyway! good luck

Got the jojoba oil today! I exfoliated with it tonight and that helped not make my skin tight after washing it. I washed my makeup off, buffed the jojoba in for a couple minutes and left it on a few minutes, gently swabbed off the excess oil then applied a full two pumps of BP. Even after the full does (I was just using a pump and a half before), my face didn't even feel tight! I then applied Dan's moisturizer (which I LOVE) and my skin feels amazing and smooth...can't wait to see how this helps my skin heal from here on out in the regimen...

I dyed my hair tonight and after I washed it all out I found I had gotten some around my jaw area where my acne problems arise. I was extra careful to not get any around that area too..I had to wash my face twice to try to get the debris off..to no avail..I still have a slight discoloration along my jaw on both sides, but I will allow it to fade with cleansing rather than scrubbing to irritation. I accidentally applied moisturizer in place of BP after my jojoba oil but I found this to work to my advantage since I needed a little more moisture in my problem areas. After I blotted the extra lotion, I applied the full two pumps of BP followed by moisturizer with a few drops of jojoba after the BP dried. I can't wait for all this to be over and my skin to be clear and glowing!!

After I buffed with the jojoba oil this morning and cleansed, the discoloration went away..I'm glad I didn't try to scrub it off..yikes. I'm using SO much jojoba it's insane but it's allowing me to use a full two pumps of BP day and night so I don't care if I'm a little more shiny..at least I'm not flakey And it's a nice glow, not an oil slick shine anyway..I'm applying Dan's moisturizer plus some jojoba for my neck and upper body as well and it's giving me such a pretty glow! I still feel like my left jaw line really really wants to breakout but the tons of BP is keeping it at bay. I'm not wearing any earring that might irritate that area and I think that actually helps alot. Having earrings banging into the area I usually get my cystic-type acne keeps it from getting upset and lashing out at my complexion. I'm going to the lake this weekend with a few friends so I made sure to bring my blow dryer along to try to speed up the drying process of the BP. Using so much takes a bit to dry, but it's well worth it. I just have to plan ahead...I hope they know when they want to head out so I can set my alarm in time to do the regimen..It's scary thinking of waking up late and not being able to do it or have people wait on me..bleh..I'm sure I'll be fine :-) I'm going to apply moisturizer after BP then use Neutrogena SPF 85 with Helioplex to keep my skin safe from the sun..I've found since I became more aware of the aging effects of the sun on skin and how it actually proliferates acne I don't like the sun like I used to. I use Aveeno Sunless Tanning Lotion mixed with some regular lotion on my entire body so it doesn't streak once a week and I have a very pretty tan color, no streaks and no orange color. I used to use Jergens natural lights tanning face lotion for fair skin and that was wonderful minus the initial smell...When I'm clear I'll incorporate that back into my routine so I can have some color during the colder months...anyway...I'll add some more makeup-less pictures after this weekend so everyone can see how my skin is progressing!

I just almost started crying a minute ago..just thinking about never having to strategically place my hand over acne so no one can see how bad it is or sit on the right or left side of my boyfriend at dinner (depending on which one was broken out worse at the time) or favor dimmly lit places to avoid light showing my acne or feel horrible studying with friends because the lighting is awful in the library and I have yet another breakout or feel self conscious about my students noticing the pimples I try to hide with makeup while I'm teaching or not go under water while swimming because I can't chance having my makeup washed off in front of friends or worry about cutting my hair shorter or dying it darker because it will only accentuate the ance or cleanse my face in the dark or wait until my boyfriend is busy doing something else to wash my face and jump in bed with the lights off just makes me want to smile with a smile I have never had the pleasure of smiling before. hehe. I CANNOT WAIT. Well, technically I can, but I mean I really can't wait to see the entire picture, the whole process work...Just thinking..thinking..excited.. :-)

So I just got back from a weekend at the lake..it was fun, except I got a few new pimples..oh well, I'm expecting to still get some until they all clear. I followed the regimen morning and night; even brought my blow dryer so I could speed up the drying a bit more with other people in the house needing the bathroom. Felt self conscious walking around without makeup but at least I don't have huge, inflammed pimples..just ones that are drying and red marks..bleh. The first day I put on Dan's lotion before sunscreen and that was the day I broke out some. The second day I just used sunscreen (oil free and non-com) right after the BP had dried. I didn't get any new ones that day..the ones I got are already drying up though. Although I do have one cystic-type one on my chin...I keep blasting it with BP and it doesn't hurt anymore..it will go down within a couple more night I'm sure. I remembered a post cool as kim posted about the mindset one has to have going into this regimen. She said that you will still probably get breakouts the first two months, but by the third month you will be clear. I'm holding onto that, it's really what kept me from freaking out when I got those new pimples. I'm taking all my supplements religiously so I know that Zinc is helping to bring down inflamation too..I make sure to take my zinc and selenium in the morning so it has time to work throughout the day. It was my birthday last week so I"m thinking the birthday cake and sugary things I ate could have triggered that cystic pimple on my chin. I have cut sugar out of my diet so much I literally got a headache from eating cake and ice cream. Shows you how awful it is for your body though if it can trigger a change like that instantly! I will be taking new pictures tomorrow night to show you how things are going..My full one month mark will be met this coming Thursday so I'm WAY excited! That much closer to three months!

Ok..so I've been looking up info on incorporating Vit B5 into my supplements and am considering taking it. A few considerations.

1. Cost - it's freaking expensive to take as many as I will ultimately need to be taking (20 pills a day!)

2. Interruption of the regimen - Adding something to the regimen that could potentially break me out. I've heard it can break you out before clearing you up, so it's obviously not a regular supplement that only helps and has no adverse effects.

3. Dosage - I would have to take 5 pills four times a day. Woah.

4. Some of my supplements could interfere with each other?

Right now I'm thinking I won't try it until I'm completely clear - after my three months on the regimen is up. I really really want to go to only using the regimen at night after I'm clear to avoid bleaching my clothes and having to do it in the morning. Perhaps the B5 could allow me to only do it once a day? The regimen is so cheap that I'm not willing to put out the money for the B5 or risk breaking out again during the initial stage of going on B5. I have read you typically have to be on it a full month or so to see positive results. I'm already going through so many trials right now just being on the regimen I don't want another variable! So it's a no for the time being for B5. Man, it's SO tempting to add things in after years of trying a new 'acne cure' every night! No more. I'm sticking to the regimen and ONLY the regimen. So help me God.

For some reason I can't seem to shrink my new pictures enough to fit in this upload! While I have a few new breakouts, I can definitely tell a huge difference in how smooth my skin is and the fact that most of my old breakouts are now drying up and flat - no longer inflamed. I just started using the AHA tonight as a moisturizer after BP and it feels amazing! I was really worried that it would sting as bad as it did a couple weeks ago. It feels great..I'm so happy I can use it now because using it will really help speed up the healing of my red marks and keeping down inflamation of any new pimples. Yay!

I used Dan's AHA as a moisturizer last night and WOW it is AMAZING. It didn't sting at all like it used to and I found I was able to exfoliate so well this morning with my jojoba. It also seemed to calm down the existing blemishes and red marks I have. My skin is looking SO much better in just one night! The few active pimples I have are drying up like crazy and it seems within a couple more days I'll have no more active acne!! So exciting...I just hope I don't break out again..Not that that would keep my from continuing the regimen, I just am going to start my teaching workshop for my Graduate Teaching Assistantship and don't want to have to worry about new blemishes..My skin is feeling softer, although not completely soft. I'm wondering if I will ever be able to achieve totally soft skin while using so much BP..no real complaints, it is much much better than it was before. A couple weeks ago my skin was like sandpaper. I'm so excited about being able to use the AHA..I can see it does help with dryness and will help with the red marks. I'm going to use it every night. I hope that's not too much. Also, I have ordered some Rooibos tea and am going to begin buying Rice milk instead of regular cow's milk. I had about half a cup of milk today in my cereal and some yogurt (calcium!) and I suppose I'm mentally preparing myself for a new pimple since many think dairy and acne are related. I love Rice milk, although I hope it doesn't have a high concentration of sugar. I can still feel slight pricks in my problem areas warning me something wants to come up - hopefully this will subside completely as I remain on the regimen. I don't want to be constantly worrying my skin is on the edge of a breakout...

I have a couple new pimples trying to come up. Argh. A couple on my forehead, they're small-ish but tender so I know they want to get bigger. They'll only stay tiny whiteheads though, thankfully. I have a couple new cysts trying to come up along my left jawline and another one near my right temple. I just started the AHA+ the other night so I'm thinking maybe that is the cause since I've read when first using the AHA it can 'purge' some...I'll stick it out because I want to use the AHA+ along with the regimen. My skin will just have to get used to it...Even though I am using the jojoba and AHA+ I'm still having some trouble with my skin not being smooth. I'm hoping it just takes a little time and then it will even out and become smooth once it gets used to everything. I was just told to try using only one and a half pumps of BP instead of the full two to help my skin's texture. This worries me since I have these new pimples wanting to come up and reducing my BP might allow them to come out..yuck. I need to keep tweaking I guess. Maybe I should go to one and a half pumps, then next week go to the full two again. Hopefully using the 2 pumps of BP twice a day won't always make my skin rough. I start my teaching workshop tomorrow and I'm so excited! Tomorrow also marks a full month on the regimen. Geez, I know for sure I will NEVER stop using the regimen. I won't risk having to do this all over again!

I am finding that two full pumps might be a bit much for me as a smaller faced woman..After using tons of jojoba I was finding I was still having tons of trouble with my skin being dry. Not excessively dry, but dry enough to flake ( So I'm using one and a half pumps now for my entire face. Tonight I exfoliated with jojoba to get all the flakies off and then smothered on the jojoba after cleansing. After that, I applied the one and a half pumps of BP (which after it dried I found it wasn't nearly as drying) and then applied the AHA..yikes it stings! I think my skin is a bit exposed right now after buffing my skin. My skin feels wonderfully smooth and supple now though! I hope now maybe I can get through the day without needing to apply lotion to certain areas of my face because of dryness!

Ok so since going to the one and a half pumps of BP, using AHA and slathering on the jojoba my skin is now clearing at an amazing rate and is now soft and smooth. I can't believe how well I'm progressing in just two days. Also, the one and a half pumps takes half the time to dry as the two pumps did and when it's dry, my skin doesn't feel like it's about to crack - it feel very soft and smooth but still well coated in the BP. Hurray I'm almost clear at the very beginning of my five weeks - hope I don't get a new breakout :-)

So the texture of my skin is better...since going down to a pump and a half and then bringing it back up to two full pumps my skin has adjusted well and isn't dry anymore. I use lots of jojoba and am not exfoliating both day and night since that seems to be a bit too irritating, making my skin drier. I am still having breakouts. I had two cysts trying to come up on my left jawline that are going down...the cyst on my chin was going down but for some reason, feels tender again..I also have gotten new pimples just above my right jawline...annoying, but I'm sure they will go away...I won't lie, it's discouraging to still be getting more pimples in my fifth week of the regimen, but I know it will only get better and it will go away in a few more weeks. I have faith. I'm just keeping the end in mind and sticking to the regimen day and night without breaking my routine. I'll try to load some more pictures although I don't know if they will load correctly...

One of the painful whiteheads I had on my right side popped on its own this morning. I gently squeezed the sides to get all the infection out. I was worried it will still remain infected and surface again but it seems to be going down since I slathered BP all over that area. Thursday marks the beginning of my sixth week. I have begun using two full pumps for this past week or so so I think as I keep the BP at a steady two pumps it will make my current acne subside and keep new breaouts from happening..I really don't want any new pimples because of the potential for scarring..I can only hope it will be over soon!