Notifications
Clear all

Shrink Wrap?

MemberMember
(@dont-bug-me)

Posted : 07/23/2008 6:29 am

I just got my order from Dan, but a couple of bottles don't have shrink wrap on them. Did I get used or returned bottles by mistake? I'm not saying that someone did this on purpose. We all make mistakes. I'm just wondering if anyone else had the same experience?

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 07/23/2008 2:31 pm

I phased out shrink wrap because I realized it's not needed. I had it on there to prevent them from spilling in the mail, but it turns out they don't spill even without shrink wrap. So, this saved about ten cents on each product to manufacture which helps me keep costs down for everybody, and also it's more environmental, so it was a no brainer.

The products are never in the "public" so to speak so there is no need for a tamper seal. Anyway, no shrink wrap from now on. Yay.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 07/23/2008 2:38 pm

I'm going to pin this for awhile since it's been asked about a lot recently.

MemberMember
(@jonw)

Posted : 07/23/2008 2:59 pm

Yes! Thank you, I was about to ask the same thing as I got one bottle without it on there. I wasn't concerned though.

I mean, almost all products in stores don't have shrink wrap on them, can be possible returns, and are shipped across the nation as well...so keep that in mind! :)

MemberMember
(@aroused-guy)

Posted : 07/23/2008 4:01 pm

Why was there wrap on my moisturizer that came a week ago?

MemberMember
(@70204)

Posted : 01/15/2009 10:34 pm

there was also wrap on my cleanser that just came today. no shrink wrap on my treatment and aha tube had a hole at the top resulting in a yellow goo splashed all over the packing peanuts. also, aha does not appear to be new either..aside from the yellow cream, it also has black marks on it that look much like scuff marks. help??

MemberMember
(@anthonym)

Posted : 02/23/2009 7:38 am

I just got my order from Dan, but a couple of bottles don't have shrink wrap on them. Did I get used or returned bottles by mistake? I'm not saying that someone did this on purpose. We all make mistakes. I'm just wondering if anyone else had the same experience?

actually when my shipment came in the mail, the moisturizer leaked onto everything, i lost a good amount, i had to white down everything... i was a little disappointed with that,

MemberMember
(@jordan_w)

Posted : 06/09/2009 12:00 pm

actually when my shipment came in the mail, the moisturizer leaked onto everything, i lost a good amount, i had to white down everything... i was a little disappointed with that,

This actually just happened to me yesterday.

MemberMember
(@lqp)

Posted : 06/19/2009 1:03 pm

Ditto.

I received my 16 oz bottles - cleanser, treatment, & moisturizer - today and specifically the moisturizer was the only one that was leaking. The pump top was popped open. I didn't loose much, it was more so the mess it made on the bottle.

At the same time, I'd prefer to save the environment with less plastic packaging.

MemberMember
(@taikero)

Posted : 06/25/2009 1:08 am

Same here. I decided to try out Dan's regimen and ordered a few days ago. I received the box today and there was evidence of water damage even on the outside. The inside of the box looked like it'd been soaked and dried, and there were still several wet spots where it had leaked through the receipt and onto the box. Like the rest of you, it appears that it was the moisturizer that leaked. I weighed the bottles and the moisturizer weighed a bit less than the other bottles at 8 1/2 oz (packaging included, of course) and it appeared to be a full fluid ounce or two less full.

It's certainly disappointing, as I've been looking forward to this regimen. I appreciate Dan's thoroughness throughout the site and the products seem like a quality value, disregarding this mishap.

MemberMember
(@trisham)

Posted : 07/15/2009 9:12 pm

Why was there wrap on my moisturizer that came a week ago?

Did you make that poem up yourself, it's pretty good!

MemberMember
(@iboy)

Posted : 01/15/2010 2:05 pm

I have some good news! I got mine and nothing was wrong!!! Lol

PLUS!!!

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geiko

MemberMember
(@suebecca)

Posted : 02/12/2010 3:59 pm

I just ordered and got my products today and the moisterize and cleanser leaked. UGH!

My box was quite saturated and I'm pretty disappointed. I get things happen, but this seems to be a problem.

I emailed customer service... maybe they should start going back to the plastic wrapping?

MemberMember
(@suebecca)

Posted : 02/14/2010 11:22 am

Well, I have to report that customer service just emailed me and will be sending a brand new mositerizer and cleanser at no additional charge.

I'm very impressed! Great job Dan and Staff! Kudos to you!

MemberMember
(@andib)

Posted : 02/24/2010 2:09 pm

I just received my products in the mail...and lo and behold the cleanser pump ahd popped up and the moisterizer cap was unscrewing and the jojoba oil leaked as well....they should definitely shrink wrap again..or find another means to protect them! Thank God it wasn't too bad..because I would hate to pay all over again for replacement shipping..after 95$ worth of products..25$ shipping..conversion to CDN$..and then 18$ Duty and taxes upon delivery..this stuff is getting pricey and my husband's giving me the eye!! Well hopefully it's worth it!!!

MemberMember
(@peacemama)

Posted : 02/25/2010 12:05 am

I am all for the no shrink wrap, in regards to the environment! However, the smaller size bp comes with a foil seal that covers the opening of the bottle under the cap. Why not just add this small step to all the products?

MemberMember
(@tony-smith)

Posted : 06/18/2010 7:17 am

Acne, commonly called pimples, is an inflammatory disease of the skin. It is caused by changes in the pilosebaceous. The most common form of acne is known as "acne vulgaris", which means "common acne". The hair folicles are blocked by the combination of oils and dead skin cells. Comedones, papules, pustules, nodules and inflammatory cysts are the different types of acme lesions. They are mainly caused on the face, chest, back, shoulders and upper arms. These acne lesions are inflamed form of pus-filled reddish bumps that appear mainly during adolescence.

MemberMember
(@pearls)

Posted : 06/26/2010 4:08 pm

After reading all this, I'm scared! I just ordered today (literally fifteen minutes ago) and I really don't want it to arrive spilled all over the place. But I want to help the environment and not doing shrink-wrapping is a good idea... Then again, if the bottles arrive spilled, people will return them for more bottles and it will end up just using more packaging.

MemberMember
(@pearls)

Posted : 06/26/2010 4:11 pm

After reading all this, I'm scared! I just ordered today (literally fifteen minutes ago) and I really don't want it to arrive spilled all over the place. But I want to help the environment and not doing shrink-wrapping is a good idea... Then again, if the bottles arrive spilled, people will return them for more bottles and it will end up just using more packaging.

Uh oh! I put this in the wrong place and I don't know how to delete it. I meant to reply to another topic.... Help? I'm new to this message board stuff.

MemberMember
(@tmb)

Posted : 06/26/2010 4:21 pm

One of the moderators will move it for you I'm sure. :)

MemberMember
(@pearls)

Posted : 06/26/2010 4:25 pm

One of the moderators will move it for you I'm sure. :)

Thank you! Should I just leave it here or message a moderator or something? P.S. Do you know what people mean when they say "PM a link to a moderator"? What does PM mean? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just completely confused!

MemberMember
(@kyle-1)

Posted : 06/26/2010 4:29 pm

PM is private message.

MemberMember
(@pearls)

Posted : 06/26/2010 4:50 pm

PM is private message.

Oh. Thanks! That makes sense.

MemberMember
(@cest-la-vigne)

Posted : 06/26/2010 5:33 pm

Which thread was this supposed to be in reply to?

MemberMember
(@pearls)

Posted : 06/26/2010 5:37 pm

Which thread was this supposed to be in reply to?

It is called "Pinned: Shrink Wrap?" and it's at the very top of the "The Regimen products" page. The link is: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Shrink-Wrap-t205631.html .