Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, I just got my pills that Ive been waiting for, and now everyones saying that this brand is "bad" and that I should send it back. They say people think it caused them heart problems and all this stuff. I am mad, I dont really understand how one brand could be different from another, they all are VITAMIN B-5, RIGHT? Yes, and thats all thats in the ingredients besides regular stuff like gelatin, and magnesium stearate. If people indeed did get problems from takin it, then its probably just cause of the hight levels of b-5 period, NOT cause this brand has something bad in it. If so, who can prove it to me and help me to understand. It would suck for me to have to wait longer, pay to send this crap back, and wait for another shipment, ya know? PLEASE someone give me some insight? Thanks

I take Swanson, I feel the same as when I took NOW brand...that is to say, the same. I dont see how any brand can be different from another.

Looking at the Swanson's on the Internet, I see that it contains B5, gelatin, and magnesium stearate.

The bottle of GNC B5 I have here says it contains B5, gelatin, Cellulose, and Whole Brown Rice Powder.

The popular Twinlab B5, along with B5, contains Gelatin, Cellulos, Purified Water, MCT, Magnesium Stearate.

The only thing in the Swansons then that I see causing a problem is the magnesium stearate, but the twinlab has it too. Maybe the Swanson's has more? Maybe other chemicals are finding their way into Swansons' B5 through packaging processes?

Maybe one person had problems with the Swanson's, others read about it, and developed psychosomatic symptoms?

Maybe some peoples' bodies just take B5 in general better than others?

I'm confuzzled. I'm *not* buying the Swansons, but still curious about this.

there could be plenty of differences... but the main one is probably the purity of it... less pure = more allergic reactions

think of it like this:

say you buy 100% creatine monohydrate from one company (ex: NOW Foods) and you don't respond very well to it... then you try another company's (ex: Optimum Nutrition) and you notice energy/strength gains which you didn't notice from the other brand...then you can see that one co.'s product may be better than the other's, although both are 100% creatine monohydrate.

Looking at the Swanson's on the Internet, I see that it contains B5, gelatin, and magnesium stearate.

The bottle of GNC B5 I have here says it contains B5, gelatin, Cellulose, and Whole Brown Rice Powder.

The popular Twinlab B5, along with B5, contains Gelatin, Cellulos, Purified Water, MCT, Magnesium Stearate.

The only thing in the Swansons then that I see causing a problem is the magnesium stearate, but the twinlab has it too. Maybe the Swanson's has more? Maybe other chemicals are finding their way into Swansons' B5 through packaging processes?

Maybe one person had problems with the Swanson's, others read about it, and developed psychosomatic symptoms?

Maybe some peoples' bodies just take B5 in general better than others?

I'm confuzzled. I'm *not* buying the Swansons, but still curious about this.