Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
i Wonder

Anyone have Retin-A Questions?

Im on .25%...i think i had .1% or .10% before not sure...

I also only drink water, and diet ice tea.

and c00kie, i used 2 use clindamycin in the morning and retin-a at night.

clindamycin is real good because it helped against the IB i had, because it reduces inflamation, and it also helps with whiteheads.

for max101, i only steam when i needa get rid of blackheads. and it works real well :catdance:

my acne started maybe round late 13's early 14's?

It probably took 7-8months, i dont remember when i took it. but one of my prescription papers says i 1st filled up about 7 months ago.

im 15 years old right now.

and urine therapy isnt grossss, i thought it was.

I'm not down to drink urine though,

i just use it on my face. But if you have a HORRIBLE diet, your piss will stink and will be really dark.

i have a moderate diet, and drink alot of water, so my urine is very light/normal. and it doesnt smell. and i dont have oily skin anymore, no more blackheads/pimples/whiteheads are coming up ^-^

ure barely 15 0-o you got about 4 more years left gl!

anyway, And about that honey aspirin mask? what do you think? and you still have acne huh

PS: yea i know i ask lots of questions

but i can't go to my doctor cause i have no medical until i go to university cause i just graduated from high school. gotta wait in a month :[

yes i understand about the amount... but the perscription says to start slow then decrease which is what i'm doing. When i moisturize i also only spot treat like you. Hmm..... but it really works good together... and plus! i even use retina on mornings cause i'm in my house for the remaining of summer :D so that makes up for the night no? XD

i thought about doing that (using in the AM) cause i am shut in too...well at least for 2-3 more weeks...but i'm scared. there are windows...which means there is sunlight. nuhhhh uh. well if it aint broke dont fix it.

yes i understand about the amount... but the perscription says to start slow then decrease which is what i'm doing. When i moisturize i also only spot treat like you. Hmm..... but it really works good together... and plus! i even use retina on mornings cause i'm in my house for the remaining of summer :D so that makes up for the night no? XD

i thought about doing that (using in the AM) cause i am shut in too...well at least for 2-3 more weeks...but i'm scared. there are windows...which means there is sunlight. nuhhhh uh. well if it aint broke dont fix it.

shut in too lol :shifty::dance:

anyway, about the windows lol get some curtains XD and a little sunlight won't hurt you just look out for 3 seconds and come back :D

anyway, about the windows lol get some curtains XD and a little sunlight won't hurt you just look out for 3 seconds and come back :D

no...looking out the window is about the only thing keeping me from going crazy! i have the worst case of cabin fever ever!!! i'll just keep applying it at night...and staring out the door/window all day.

no...looking out the window is about the only thing keeping me from going crazy! i have the worst case of cabin fever ever!!! i'll just keep applying it at night...and staring out the door/window all day.

well what are you staring at? lol

cars. lots and lots of cars...and children on bicycles and skateboards. children with clear skin.

:shifty:

cars. lots and lots of cars...and children on bicycles and skateboards. children with clear skin.

:shifty:

OMg... i feel you :cry: we can't be like this forever :snooty: anyway, my skin peeled againZ!!!!!!! i was like WOOOOOOW.. NOOOO! NoOoOO! because i used Proactiv's refining mask... >_< ! and i wasnt suppose to mix creams... >_<

during the IB, you will get redness/peeling/irritation for a few weeks probably.

if you use TOO much retin-a it'll rub off into a ball and peel off.

so what i do is a small circle on forehead,and both cheeks and rub all around.

I TRIED spot treatment with it...i heard it was good on a popped pimple, but im not sure.

i switched prescription strengths to a higher, and i didnt get another initial breakout.

MAYBE you will get some, if you upped the strength.

i got my IB like the same week i started using.

I wait maybe few min then i use Aloe Vera Gel.

Steaming helps me get rid of blackheads :] and it makes the pores very smooth.

but guys, i recently started Urine Therapy..i had a thread but people just mocked it =_=

I dont even go on these forums anymore because im clear of ACNE AND BLACKHEADS.

I use urine on my face whenever i can, it doesnt SMELL.

And it 100% stops OIL. OIL= Acne/pimples/Blackheads.

I dont even use my aloe vera in the morning anymore!!!

Urine therapy helps with redness/whiteheads/blackheads.

I suggest you guys try it in the morning/afternoon.

It does sound disgusting, but it has helped many people (5 stars on the reviews).

I'll stop by this thread when i can, but i dont even need the acne forums anymore!

URINE THERAPY WORKED FOR ME! no more oily skin, which caused my breakouts :]

ive been using retin a micro for 15 months nd well it make my skin somewat clear but like super clear well it completly left it acne free with no blckheads , it was juss not noticible bad acne, and well im tired of using it i want to give my skin a break and my skin juss doesnt looks the same, not to mention im so scared of the birth defects it can cause for my future child not that im pregnant im only 18 lol but i just want to quit it and may b go on sumthing not as bad my derm appt isnt til sept 2 and well idk im so scared that if i quit i might break out worst than i ever had =( do u think i will break out really bad if i quit it?

ive been using retin a micro for 15 months nd well it make my skin somewat clear but like super clear well it completly left it acne free with no blckheads , it was juss not noticible bad acne, and well im tired of using it i want to give my skin a break and my skin juss doesnt looks the same, not to mention im so scared of the birth defects it can cause for my future child not that im pregnant im only 18 lol but i just want to quit it and may b go on sumthing not as bad my derm appt isnt til sept 2 and well idk im so scared that if i quit i might break out worst than i ever had =( do u think i will break out really bad if i quit it?

lmfao im scared that if i get off retin-a ill breakout so bad.

but if your pretty clear, maybe u can start using it every other day? and if thats okay just start using less and less.

if you use it every other day and notice a breakout, maybe you shouldnt? but if you dont, start using it less and less i guess.

retin-a is not gonna cause any birth defects (=_=)

Hi my names Steph... this is my first post so bear with me...

I've been using Retin-A Micro .04% gel since June 3 2008 (so around 2 months and a week) every night. I have also recently started taking doxycycline 150 mg every day and using Duac as a spot treatment in the AM.

My main concern is all the dryness. My skin seems fine in the morning, just pretty red. But towards around 4-5 pm my chin and upper lip is so dry it looks like cracks in the desert ground. If I barely touch it, the skin comes off in flakes and looks terrible. My upper lip has these red marks on it that will not go away and it looks like I've cut myself shaving (which I don't even do). My eye lids have also been severely dry, even though I don't apply the retin-a anywhere near my eyes. They are cracked and peeling, and I moisturize them several times a day. They burn severely when I put lotion on them, even if its for sensitive skin.

What do you guys suggest I do for my chin/upper lip area and for the eye lid problem?

About what month does the flaking ease up?

i just got a prescription for .04% retin-a micro. i have an allergy to benzoyl peroxide, and extremely sensitive skin. my acne is hormonal, moderate to severe (like right now D:). i'm just wondering how bad my face is going to get, because right now it's making me really depressed. i've had to take time off work to cope with it, because even makeup (non-comedogenic, of course) won't cover it up. i've also got some scabbing from where deep cysts have erupted (not squeezing, i promise!) which makes it look even worse. they've been there for about a week now, but usually last about 2 weeks before i'm finally left with macules. lots of scarring, going to get this fixed up after everything is regulated.

my question is... because i have these scabs, should i try to apply around them, over them, or just wait another week until they've disappeared? i don't know if i can take any more time off work, but if it gets worse again, i know i am not going to want to leave the house!

wow, it's good , if you got super clear when use retin a micro, My derm suggest to use retin-a micro rest of my life :D .. and if you want to have a baby, you can consult again to your derm. Dont stop it , Melody. I am afraid you want to repeat all of bad cycle of retinoic (like peeling, redness).

my friend who is a doctor , said the effect of tretinoin topical is so small to body, it's smaller than oral tretinoin. She suggested to anyone to stop 2-3 weeks period if you want to get a baby.

Sorry about my bad english :D

Stephie, when i was on retin-a.

i had the same problem with lotions burning, i cant recall what i used though.

Alot of lotions didnt work that well, oily and not moisturizing enough...

Maybe try 100% Aloe vera gel? It's what i use now. But even after i wash, i dont have dry skin anymore!

The dryness and flaking will stop, it stopped for me. Just be patient i guess.

To shirinami, i remember i had alot of scabs, and i just put the retin-a over them as well.

If i can recall, retin-a helped alot with my scabs lol. So just try using retin-a over your scabs as well!!!

i used Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion SPF 15 while on Retin-a. Best there is, besides avveno of course. You can put some on your dry eyelid.

I've been using retin a micro for 15 months nd well it make my skin somewat clear but like super clear well it completly left it acne free with no blckheads , it was juss not noticible bad acne, and well im tired of using it i want to give my skin a break and my skin juss doesnt looks the same, not to mention im so scared of the birth defects it can cause for my future child not that im pregnant im only 18 lol but i just want to quit it and may b go on sumthing not as bad my derm appt isnt til sept 2 and well idk im so scared that if i quit i might break out worst than i ever had =( do u think i will break out really bad if i quit it?

wow, it's good , if you got super clear when use retin a micro, My derm suggest to use retin-a micro rest of my life :D .. and if you want to have a baby, you can consult again to your derm. Dont stop it , Melody. I am afraid you want to repeat all of bad cycle of retinoic (like peeling, redness).

my friend who is a doctor , said the effect of tretinoin topical is so small to body, it's smaller than oral tretinoin. She suggested to anyone to stop 2-3 weeks period if you want to get a baby.

Sorry about my bad english :D

I know this might sound dumb... but I wasn't aware that you use retin-a for long long periods of time! lol I guess this shows how bad my derm. is. Hes always in some kind of hurry and doesn't want to listen to me. I'm thinking about switching after I get these first few initial appointments out of the way. I don't want to worry about the baby thing for like 5 years so I'm fine with using it. It does worry me about the birth defects but my Anatomy & Physiology book said that isotretinoin is what typically causes birth defects, but tretinoin isn't as bad.

Does anyone know if you can still give blood while using retin-a? I'm pretty sure you can, I think its just accutane that they restrict because of the risk of giving the blood to a pregnant woman.

i just got a prescription for .04% retin-a micro. i have an allergy to benzoyl peroxide, and extremely sensitive skin. my acne is hormonal, moderate to severe (like right now D:). i'm just wondering how bad my face is going to get, because right now it's making me really depressed. i've had to take time off work to cope with it, because even makeup (non-comedogenic, of course) won't cover it up. i've also got some scabbing from where deep cysts have erupted (not squeezing, i promise!) which makes it look even worse. they've been there for about a week now, but usually last about 2 weeks before i'm finally left with macules. lots of scarring, going to get this fixed up after everything is regulated.

my question is... because i have these scabs, should i try to apply around them, over them, or just wait another week until they've disappeared? i don't know if i can take any more time off work, but if it gets worse again, i know i am not going to want to leave the house!

i put the RAM on it then i put neosporin on the scabs. heals them in about a day and a half, two days.

i put the RAM on it then i put neosporin on the scabs. heals them in about a day and a half, two days.

I like to use an antibiotic ointment too. It really does help with the scabbing and redness. Its just hard to find time to put it on cuz I don't want to go out in public with it on, its so shiny!

I've been using Tretinoin .025 for the past 2 months. I haven't had any side effects, I forgot if I had any ib, but I haven't noticed any significant improvement. I'm not sure if I should continue it.

To stephie, i used an antibiotic too. Really helped with whiteheads and pimples. But it ran out too fast for me, because i used it for spot treatments.

to militia, i think you should continue. Maybe ask your derm/doc for a stronger dosage maybe?

I've read not to use BP-containing cleansers with Retin-A. Does that apply to use in the morning if you only use Retin-A at night?

Would a cleanser with SA in at night, before I use Retin-A, and BP in the morning (a good 16 or so hours before I put on Retin-A) be OK, or should I not use BP on my face at all?

it's safe to use the bp cleansar in the morning.

use the retin-a at night.

It's recommended not use use BP a little before retin-a.

so just use it in the morning!

I'm not sure about the cleanser with sa before retin-a. Maybe just try cetaphil antibacterial soap? (its what i use)

Its ok to use BP in the AM, I use DUAC in the morning which is a BP cream (I use it to spot treat though). Be careful because it might aggravate your skin if you are already peeling!

To the one person who doesn't remember if they had an IB... you would DEF remember if you had one!! I think you should stick with it, some people see great results after waiting a good while. I have so many breakouts right now that I never had while on proactiv! I never broke out on my forehead with proactiv... mostly just my cheeks... but now I break out on my forehead, cheeks, chin, and jawline!! But I'm hoping after this IB I'll have beautiful skin that I haven't had since I was 9 years old!

OH I forgot to say, This morning I took one of my mom's vitamin E capsules and poked a hole in it to get some of the goop out and put it on my eye lids today a long with some other red spots. I noticed a difference... and later on today I mixed up the vitamin E with antibiotic ointment and put it all over my face and eye lids to hopefully help with some of the peeling, redness, and cracking. Why not since I'm at home all day today. I also put some of the Vitamin E on my so chapped lips! It works!

And I used aloe vera gel this morning after cleansing and it helped with the dryness, it just made my face feel tight and real shiny (without being oily... hmm) But after I put on makeup you couldn't tell...

Sorry if I keep posting so many times on this thread... I just don't have anyone to talk to about this, no one I know is on this stuff and its so hard to keep using it without a little support group! lol

Steph

Oh, and I wanted to put a picture of me on here now that I'm on retin-a (my avatar is like 2 years old when proactiv did the trick!)... does anyone know how?

lmfao im scared that if i get off retin-a ill breakout so bad.

but if your pretty clear, maybe u can start using it every other day? and if thats okay just start using less and less.

if you use it every other day and notice a breakout, maybe you shouldnt? but if you dont, start using it less and less i guess.

retin-a is not gonna cause any birth defects (=_=)

no im sry i wrote that and its completely miss understood sry -_- , i mean retin a micro didnt leave me 100% clear, my skin b4 micro was like mild acne da left and would come back and stuff. so i started using retin a micro 1% the strongest and my acne broke out like crazy after a while i was like clear for lets say 3 months but like now all my acne its back not all of it but i would say 70% i hate it, cuz my skin was crap but now its juss crappy and weird all pale, thin and just not that good or strong. sometimes i forget to apply it for 1 night and my skin starts to burn, peel, breakout horribly and burn, :redface: its so dry i juss think it did more damage than good. but im so scared to give it up cuz i might juss get twice as bad and that would suck cuz my acne hurts :( .

EHHH I'm sure yall are smart enough to know this (but i wasn't) but the vitamin e i used to try to calm down the redness/peeling made me break out badly on my cheeks today. And I was still flaking later lol

It really did help with my dry eyelids though (so yay!)