Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
i Wonder

Anyone have Retin-A Questions?

I'm not sure how long i've been using Tretenoin Retin-A...

its been maybe 7-8 months ? not sure.

but right now im pretty much acne free...

I just needa clear up minor blackheads. And i occasionally get a pimple.

But i'm still using it and hoping it will clear everything up.

so do any retin-a users who just started or still in the process of taking it, have any questions?..

and dont give up on retin-a, it takes patience.

Just want to know about dryness. My face got more dry in the first week of Retin-A then the entire 6 months on Accutane.

Will my face eventually stayed pretty balanced?

My face is probably pretty minor at this time, so about how much should I apply to my entire face?

Okay so i started Retin-A in the beggining of a summer, so i can handle the initial breakout.

yes my face did become very dry and flakey.

you'll have to use a moisturizer maybe 5-10min after u apply.

i applied retin-a every night all over my face, because i wanted quicker results.

now i NEVER get a dry face..NEVER.

i can wash my face with water or a cleansar, and my face wont become dry afterwards.

i use 100% pure aloe vera gel to moisturize though.

i use it in the morning and after retin-a. It heals all my red marks and its good for acne/pimples.

aveeno ultra calming or eucerin redness relief?

i have heard good things about cerave...but it has no SPF in it!

also i am looking for a good AV gel...i know fruit of the earth isnt 100% pure.

thanks in advance...

aveeno ultra calming and eucerin redness relief?...

um If you have redness on your skin then id go with euceerin? o.0

personally id go with Fruit of the Earth aloe vera...its worked wonders.

Doesnt leave my skin oily/greasy and i use it for spot treatments and i GUARANTEE that it really does hel RED marks. My red marks are completely unoticible now with this Aloe vera. just put a layer of Aloe on marks or blemishes.

aveeno ultra calming and eucerin redness relief?...

um If you have redness on your skin then id go with euceerin? o.0

lol...no both aveeno UC and eucerin RR are for redness. thats why i asked. i'll just stick with what i got.

Yes.

I was on tane twice with a good deal of lasting results. Except Im now have minor breakouts and oily skin once again. My derm prescribed me Tazorac cream and a BP 10% wash. Ive been using Lac Hydrin mosturizer which has Alpha Hydroxy in it and glycerin (ive heard good things).

My question: How am I suppose to use them?? like routine wise.

I was thinking

morning: bp wash 10% followed by mosturizer

during the day: maybe a light basis soap wash and mosturize

evening: bp 10% wash and Tazorac.

idk, I usually take 2 showers a day from working out and work and going out. I dont want to abuse my skin. any suggestions?

i'm using retina 0.25. when i first used it i had noo sensitivity to it at all. at least not visible ones. anyways whats the difference between the micro and the normal?

Yes.

I was on tane twice with a good deal of lasting results. Except Im now have minor breakouts and oily skin once again. My derm prescribed me Tazorac cream and a BP 10% wash. Ive been using Lac Hydrin mosturizer which has Alpha Hydroxy in it and glycerin (ive heard good things).

My question: How am I suppose to use them?? like routine wise.

I was thinking

morning: bp wash 10% followed by mosturizer

during the day: maybe a light basis soap wash and mosturize

evening: bp 10% wash and Tazorac.

idk, I usually take 2 showers a day from working out and work and going out. I dont want to abuse my skin. any suggestions?

When do you take showers?

If in the morning, use the BP wash in the shower..than mosturizer after.

In the evening if you take a shower use the light basis soap wash in the shower also..

And i would clean my face with water before using Tazorac...unless you wait like 10-20minutes before using the BP wash. Because BP and Taz could cancel each other's effects i think.

Hi, May I join ? :D

I have used to retin-a 0.01 % for 2 months without getting any side effect, just little dryness... so in the next month I go up to 0.025 % and use every night (through my derm presription).. in the first week, I got very redness and irritation where I have to stop for 3 days and use steroid cream.

Now after healing, Iam trying to use 0.025% again, and I use it every third night, and wanna move up to every other night... Maybe I want to use this % every other night in the long time (4-5 months because my skin is sensitive)

Do you think which one is more effective .. getting 0.01% every day or 0.025% every other night ?

thanks before friend

Hi, May I join ? :D

I have used to retin-a 0.01 % for 2 months without getting any side effect, just little dryness... so in the next month I go up to 0.025 % and use every night (through my derm presription).. in the first week, I got very redness and irritation where I have to stop for 3 days and use steroid cream.

Now after healing, Iam trying to use 0.025% again, and I use it every third night, and wanna move up to every other night... Maybe I want to use this % every other night in the long time (4-5 months because my skin is sensitive)

Do you think which one is more effective .. getting 0.01% every day or 0.025% every other night ?

thanks before friend

I had 0.01% and then my derm gave me 0.25

If you want the fastest results...just start using 0.025 every other night, or EVERY night.

You WILL get redness and irritation, trust me.

But that will go away very very quick

I did get redness and irritation but it went away real quick, and i got the initial breakout.

If you want ask ur derm for antibiotics, such as Clindamycin it will help with the IB.

im 98% acnefree atm, just blackheads and the occasional pimple.

I just went to the derm and they prescribed the tretinoin gel .025 , but I'm so scared to use it. I hear all these horrible things about dryness, and initial terrible break out, it scares me!!!! I just want to know how bad is it, I really want to get clear (or try) but i'm afraid of the beginning. :confused:

I have some leftover tretinoin 0.1% My face has turned from mild acne (about 10 small zits on the forehead only) to over 50 zits on my forehead, and a few here and there on the bottom part of my face (not bottom - just above chin each side) in the course of one month.

Anyway, I was wondering what to expect over the weeks (initial breakout included) if I started to use it.

Also, can you use it a spot treatment? Wouldn't using it on the zit only (very carefully) help clear up this mess? I quit using it because unlike what many others have said, it never did anything for my nose area with clogged pores (blackheads). I heard rubbing olive oil into your face helps (weird, right?) and then the zits came back. I did that, and quit Retin-A in February.

Thanks I- Wonder, yeah Now Iam using 0.025% , still starting it for every other nights, maybe for 2 weeks.. and then go up to every night...

In the morning , I use Clindamycin and layer it with Azaleic Acid (it's my derm regimen so I follow it) ... Now Iam getting little stinging, little redness especially when getting hot temperature.... I hope this can reduce by time ....

Thanks for offering up your support and wisdom!

I'm 5 1/2 weeks into Tretinoin .025% and my face looks so bad. I am still breaking out a lot, and I have many more red marks than I had before. The worst is all around my chin/mouth and lower cheeks. It's pretty terrible!

I'm really trying to stick it out, since I have heard so many times to just give it time... about when would you say should I start seeing a real improvement? I'm going to try very hard to stick it out til the 8 week mark, then make a fair assessment.

Thanks again!

Hey i was wondering what the effects would be from changing prescription strengths? For example, I'm currently on .05, and my derm wants me to go down to .025... but im no where near clear yet! So i dont understand his reasoning...

But my question in general is.. is there breakouts from going a strength lower, and is there breakouts from going a strength higher as well? (example .05 to .1)

Basically, would there be another initial breakout when changing strengths, or is there only really one big initial breakout when FIRST starting the medication?

Thanks, hope i worded it clear enough

Hey! i have a question i've been using tretinoin 0.1% cream every night for 2 weeks! and it has made my skin soft and the first 3 days were one of the worst cause my skin peeled adn was really red... but now.. i put like more tretinoin and i dont even peel 0-o.. maybe cause i used a moisturizer.. AND!!

because after i put the cream at night i also put Aloe Vera straight from the plant itself... and my pimples start decreasing inflammation wise.

anyway i havent gotten the IB but i did get lots of tiny bumps on the 2nd day! they're gone though 0-o

Anyway, when do you think i'll get the IB? when did you get it?

Do you think it's good or bad using the Aloe Vera plant? (and yes i do clean out all the toxic)

ALSO! I ate pizza yesterday and my acne worsen soooooOOOOO badly.... which i knew was going to happen but hey lol...and i have this pimple that's been on my cheeck for like a month and it's like inside wtf.

PS: i'm thinking of steaming, what do you think? here is the link Facial Steam Link

Hey! i have a question i've been using tretinoin 0.1% cream every night for 2 weeks! and it has made my skin soft and the first 3 days were one of the worst cause my skin peeled adn was really red... but now.. i put like more tretinoin and i dont even peel 0-o.. maybe cause i used a moisturizer.. AND!!

because after i put the cream at night i also put Aloe Vera straight from the plant itself... and my pimples start decreasing inflammation wise.

anyway i havent gotten the IB but i did get lots of tiny bumps on the 2nd day! they're gone though 0-o

Do you think it's good or bad using the Aloe Vera plant? (and yes i do clean out all the toxic)

ALSO! I ate pizza yesterday and my acne worsen soooooOOOOO badly.... which i knew was going to happen but hey lol...and i have this pimple that's been on my cheeck for like a month and it's like inside wtf.

PS: i'm thinking of steaming, what do you think? here is the link Facial Steam Link

just a warning...dont use too much tretinoin. a pea sized amount is adequate; otherwise you WILL get all red and peely. trust me; i was using two peas and as soon as i decreased the amount it worked the same but my face didnt burn. remember - peeling good, redness/burning bad!!! in addition using more wont speed up the results. also...(this last part is my opinion just to get that out there) i wouldnt advise using cream AND aloe over the tretinoin cause you wanna give it a chance to work. i was using a moisturizer all over at night but my RAM didnt seem to be working as well; now i spot treat only the dry areas and i am a-ok.

during the IB, you will get redness/peeling/irritation for a few weeks probably.

if you use TOO much retin-a it'll rub off into a ball and peel off.

so what i do is a small circle on forehead,and both cheeks and rub all around.

I TRIED spot treatment with it...i heard it was good on a popped pimple, but im not sure.

i switched prescription strengths to a higher, and i didnt get another initial breakout.

MAYBE you will get some, if you upped the strength.

i got my IB like the same week i started using.

I wait maybe few min then i use Aloe Vera Gel.

Steaming helps me get rid of blackheads :] and it makes the pores very smooth.

but guys, i recently started Urine Therapy..i had a thread but people just mocked it =_=

I dont even go on these forums anymore because im clear of ACNE AND BLACKHEADS.

I use urine on my face whenever i can, it doesnt SMELL.

And it 100% stops OIL. OIL= Acne/pimples/Blackheads.

I dont even use my aloe vera in the morning anymore!!!

Urine therapy helps with redness/whiteheads/blackheads.

I suggest you guys try it in the morning/afternoon.

It does sound disgusting, but it has helped many people (5 stars on the reviews).

I'll stop by this thread when i can, but i dont even need the acne forums anymore!

URINE THERAPY WORKED FOR ME! no more oily skin, which caused my breakouts :]

So how strong is the Tretenoin Retin-A your using?? Also, I'm not doing the urine therapy, gross. Drinking more water does make my skin look better and less oily however.

hmm I think urine therapy would be my very very very last option, but hey in times of need and desperation....anything is possible. I just started my tretinoin gel .025 like hmm 4 days ago, so far so good, no dryness, no burning, no more new breakouts, just got a bad sunburn because i went out without sunscreen thinking i was superwoman.....but I'm scared lol can the initial break out still come????? I am also using clindamycin in the morning and the tretinoin at night, plus zinc supplements....oh and like 3984298472897 gallons of water a day! so my concern is the initial break out??? :pray:

Urine? whaaat? well i would like to read more of it since it's peculiar.

Anyway, did you steam while on retin-a? or what? when? you said it took you 7 months to be cleared? how old are you? when did acne start?

do you recommend a honey aspirin mask while on retina?

just a warning...dont use too much tretinoin. a pea sized amount is adequate; otherwise you WILL get all red and peely. trust me; i was using two peas and as soon as i decreased the amount it worked the same but my face didnt burn. remember - peeling good, redness/burning bad!!! in addition using more wont speed up the results. also...(this last part is my opinion just to get that out there) i wouldnt advise using cream AND aloe over the tretinoin cause you wanna give it a chance to work. i was using a moisturizer all over at night but my RAM didnt seem to be working as well; now i spot treat only the dry areas and i am a-ok.

yes i understand about the amount... but the perscription says to start slow then decrease which is what i'm doing. When i moisturize i also only spot treat like you. Hmm..... but it really works good together... and plus! i even use retina on mornings cause i'm in my house for the remaining of summer :D so that makes up for the night no? XD

Im on .25%...i think i had .1% or .10% before not sure...

I also only drink water, and diet ice tea.

and c00kie, i used 2 use clindamycin in the morning and retin-a at night.

clindamycin is real good because it helped against the IB i had, because it reduces inflamation, and it also helps with whiteheads.

for max101, i only steam when i needa get rid of blackheads. and it works real well :catdance:

my acne started maybe round late 13's early 14's?

It probably took 7-8months, i dont remember when i took it. but one of my prescription papers says i 1st filled up about 7 months ago.

im 15 years old right now.

and urine therapy isnt grossss, i thought it was.

I'm not down to drink urine though,

i just use it on my face. But if you have a HORRIBLE diet, your piss will stink and will be really dark.

i have a moderate diet, and drink alot of water, so my urine is very light/normal. and it doesnt smell. and i dont have oily skin anymore, no more blackheads/pimples/whiteheads are coming up ^-^