Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
One_Love

Which kind of pasta and rice is acceptable?

well you shouldn't have that in your diet to begin with because it's all carbs and processed. also it will raise blood sugar fast.

if you must have pasta i would suggest gluten free and if you want rice then choose brown.

As a long distance runner, for instant and sustained energy, I recommend Barilla whole grain pasta. And brown rice, of course. :D

Rice is fine in moderation, just dont base your diet on it, same goes with all carbs. If you cant handle gluten you can always go for vegetable spirals or a non glutenous grain pasta made from rice, quinoa, etc..

I don't understand all this pasta and rice business because pretty much everyone in eastern asia have this diet and they don't have such prevalent cases of acne -- am i right?

Regards.

I personally eat brown rice pasta on a weekly basis. You can find it at Publix, Kroger, Target, and Whole Foods.

i thought it was the gluten/wheat that makes acne worse, so wouldn't that imply that anything rice based is okay?? i'm confused! and, what's the difference between wheat and gluten or is it the same thing??

If I'm underweight what's going to happen to me If I give up those carbs?

It depends.

Are you underweight because the useless BMI says so?

Are you underweight because your body fat is 3% (unlikely)

Are you underweight because you lack muscular tone?

rice dont cause massive break up . just eat in moderate .. a plate a day or what ever... brown rice is better ..there is different rice ...rice use for sushi contains loads of carbo and stuff ... try pot boil rice ...where the rice had been cooked twice . before they sell ..to remove excess carbo and stuff ... if rice causes acne ..then the whole asians gonna eat shits

try steam foods ... find for recipe in the internet i think they have loads about them

rice doesnt break ppl out.... it's just depend on which kind u r eating

some of them adds preservative and something to keep the bug away

but eat quinoa instead of rice ( eating a bowl of it now...it tastes better than rice too)

for pasta I bought a new one made with quinoa flour..havent tried it tho ( was on sale in wholefood for 3/ $5 haha)

Quinoa is great in its own way but you cant really compare it to rice. Brown rice and wild rice are way more flavorful. With quinoa I typically have to add a lot more seasoning to enjoy it than I have to do with a good unbleached/unhulled rice. Quinoa is great for sprouting though. Its probably the easiest grain to sprout and only takes a day. Its very palatable to eat it just as the raw sprout. For those with problems eating grains I would be interested to see how they respond to sprouted grains.

If your hoping of getting rid of acne by switching to a healthier version of the above grains, it ain't happening. If you break out from eating white rice or pasta, your probably gonna break out to the starch in their whole grain versions as well. You might as well completely cut them out and see what happens, the more drastic the change the more the results (if there will be any). If eating grains does not break you out, switching to whole grains is healthier overall, though you won't see any major changes whether you happen to eat their more refined versions as well.

Quinoa is great in its own way but you cant really compare it to rice. Brown rice and wild rice are way more flavorful. With quinoa I typically have to add a lot more seasoning to enjoy it than I have to do with a good unbleached/unhulled rice. Quinoa is great for sprouting though. Its probably the easiest grain to sprout and only takes a day. Its very palatable to eat it just as the raw sprout. For those with problems eating grains I would be interested to see how they respond to sprouted grains.

wut do u mean by sprouted grain o _ O?

haha I think qunioa tastes really good with olive oil

Have you ever heard of spelt or kamut grain??? They make pasta out of it, it doesn't sit in your stomach and get converted to gluten and the grain isn't processed and refined like wheat and whole wheat. It's good for weight control as well, and it doesn't make you bloated.

well you shouldn't have that in your diet to begin with because it's all carbs and processed. also it will raise blood sugar fast.

if you must have pasta i would suggest gluten free and if you want rice then choose brown.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but wanted to correct some misinformation.

Pasta is actually classified as "LOW" on the glycemic index. It has a slow effect on blood sugar levels.

Whole grain pasta, even less so. Barilla makes a great multi-grain pasta loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients. It tastes fantastic.

The GI of pasta stays low as long as you do not overcook it to the point where it's sticky. Al dente is best.

I love multigrain and whole wheat pasta, and eat them nearly every day. I am on a modified form of the dan's regimen, also. I had chronic deep, large, painful pimples on my nose constantly for a year. I glob a lot of 10% BP gel on my nose at night, less in the morning, again in the afternoon, after wiping with an Oxy pad with Salicylic acid.

(faieust)

how about brown basmati rice (don't know if someone mentioned it)? That's lowest GI I think of all the rices. It's pretty expensive, however.