Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Seriously, I feel completely normal every night between the hours of 8-12 (or whatever time I goto bed) but in the day, half the time I'm a friggin' mess. It's not very noticeable but I'm often filled with self-loathing, anxiety and depression when the sun is in the sky. Then, I have all these great positive thoughts and ideas at night but when I have to wake up the next morning, it's all turned to shite and the vicious cycle continues. It's like lyrics to a song I recently heard:

Every night I think I know

In the morning where did it go

The answers disappear when I open my eyes

Anyone else feel this way?

I'm thinking it's because you know the day is almost over and you can relax when things are calm and quiet. But when you know that you have to go through everything again, you start to stress out. For me? It's the same, mainly because I'm just too tired to care.

The only reason I prefer nights is because I don't have to work, other than that i'm not really that fussed. I used to stick to the night time when my skin was bad as obviously it's less noticeable, the sun actually helps make my skin nicer so i'm out in it whenever possible now.

Its a reflection time I think. I know before I go to bed I think about what I have done that day, in fact usually what I have not managed to do and what I will accomplish tommorow or the day after. At the moment Im really really unmotivated towards anything so I wake up late and do sweet FA. Its a cycle I need to break and one I think you need to break as well. I'm thinking about drawing myself up a plan of action thing and doing the things on it no matter how crap I feel.

When you have nothing to fill your days (like work) its very easy to get into a rut such as this.

You may be a night owl by nature. I know I always feel my best - most productive, most happy about myself, and most confident - in the mornings, since I'm a morning person. My peak hours are between 7 in the morning and about 11 in the morning. Different people have different schedules that their bodies just follow naturually. My husband is a night owl, he always finds night much easier for him and the mornings the worst. (For me, it's about mid-afternoon. That mid afternoon slump always hits me like a ton of bricks!)

You may be a night owl by nature. I know I always feel my best - most productive, most happy about myself, and most confident - in the mornings, since I'm a morning person. My peak hours are between 7 in the morning and about 11 in the morning. Different people have different schedules that their bodies just follow naturually. My husband is a night owl, he always finds night much easier for him and the mornings the worst. (For me, it's about mid-afternoon. That mid afternoon slump always hits me like a ton of bricks!)

this. i'm a night person. i love being outside at night. it seems very...quite and peaceful. i love it. i wish i was a morning person, though, because the world isn't run by night owls. :confused:

yeahhh.. i can relate to that. Do you think it correlates to how you regard yourself in the different light settings? Because in the darker hours i know i get this psychological confidence boost, and feel empowered to plan on doing things that i normally avoid. however, come daytime sunlight i feel gross and unmotivated all over again. It's like night and day, literally

I look like shite regardless of light settings lol. I try not to think about it too much though. That'll just send me into a deep depression. Anyways, local time is 11:00 and I feel great. 10 hours from now, I'll be miserable again.

Fuck, I love life sometimes. Thanx for the replies

I'm a vampire so night is the only time I can go out.

lol.. ^ yeahh same here pretty much. i tried to go out in the day once.. i almost went blind

i like the night better cuz the discoloration thing is less noticeable. in daylight u can see flaws more visible whereas in artificial lighting it seems more concealed for reason IMO

i kno exactly how u feel.In the day i seem quiet but in the day i cant stop takin. The sunlight makes acne and scars noticeable. However without the sun your skin appears smooth and acne is not very noticeable at all. I hate being in the passage seat of my car with the sun blaring at my face n exposing scars, but on the drive home i look straight ahead instead of down...tryin 2 hide my face.

the dyatime is more hectic therefore you are more stressed out by your skin. I am not really a nightowl morre like late afternoon owl lol but even so at night is when you wind down and feel the most relaxed.

Seriously, I feel completely normal every night between the hours of 8-12 (or whatever time I goto bed) but in the day, half the time I'm a friggin' mess. It's not very noticeable but I'm often filled with self-loathing, anxiety and depression when the sun is in the sky. Then, I have all these great positive thoughts and ideas at night but when I have to wake up the next morning, it's all turned to shite and the vicious cycle continues. It's like lyrics to a song I recently heard:

I am kinda going through the same right now but not with acne. I split with my girlfriend last weekend and every morning i wake up thinking about it and it brings me down. However when i get home from work and there aint so many people about i feel good and the break up dont bother me.

I wish i could give an answer to why this happens by i dont know myself. Its soo strange

Yeah man...actually I've been the same way.....not sure exactly what it is but I've also been off work awhile now. But I definitely seem more relaxed or whatever as the night falls, and when it's about time to go to sleep I'm feelin pretty good. In the morning and most of the day though it's just like you said: self-loathing, anxiety and depression, even when the weather's near perfect which it usually is here.