Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So yeah, i have a few rather painful bumps on my jawline. I'm wondering what they are, as i've never had anyhting like this before. Alls earches for 'painful acne' come back with cystic, but these aren't really pus-filled, and aren't any larger than regular pimples (yet!) I've had 2 in the same region, the first one came to a head which fell off and left a brown mark surrounded by redness, which is still osre. The other one is still there, and its just a white, raised mark. The pain occurs every minute or so, and is rather sharp. Any ideas on what this could be? I'm really worried that it may be serious, as i can't think of any mild forms of acne that have been painful before. Thanks for any help!

Cysts can be very small. Ice applied to the spots will help the pain and reduce inflammation (redness and swelling). Running an ice cube gently over the whole face will help, but don't keep the ice in one spot for too long.

I've had some of those.

I used BP as intstructed by most members here (2.5% BP) and it eventually came to a head within a week. Then it was time to be popped, when it popped the white stuff wasn't liquid, it was HARD like a rock, but still white.

Anyone know why that happens? Or if it's something else?