Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zinta

Whiteheads: Maya please help

Hi Maya,

It looks like you are the info guru on the acne/scar topic. My question is about whiteheads. I have a lot of tiny white bumps all over my forehead. I have tried using BHA at nights and AHA in the mornings (~ 1minute) washing AHA off and applying the moisturizer (Paula's choice). I also tried using baking soda mixed with liquid soap (neutrogena acne wash). Does not help. I was wondering whether using the lactic acid peel, papaya enzyme masks or the papaya soap would help in exfoliating and removing the whiteheads. Any help, suggestions really appreciated.

Thanks

Sheela

Zinta - this the scar board, so I will have to move this thread to another forum (general acne) soon.

Hmmm ... other suggestions:

1. use the vinegar/lemon method (long thread on this board)

2. Get some sea salt and add a little water .. dab onto whiteheads 3 times a day

3. lactic peel/enzyme masks etc.. all should help

Some people have a bad response to BHAs .. I do, so you might want to try stopping that for a week and see what happens.

Thanks for your reply. I will try the vinegar, sea salt method. What % lactic acid and what brand do you recommend? Is the papaya enzyme mask by Zia good or do you recommend any other brand? Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

I heard the zia one is good. If you're new to peeling, start with a 40 or 50% lactic www.makeupartistschoice.com

Start off with just one of the above, no need to overdo things.

Thanks Maya. I will try using the 40% lactic acid peel. What is the frequency of usage? Do I stay with the neutrogena acne wash or should i use the castille soap that you use in your regimen? It is a good idea to try one at a time.

Thanks once again for your prompt reply.

Lactic peels should be done weekly, some do it twice weekly. The instructions comes with the peel.

Stay with your own facial wash if you're happy with it. If not, I do like the Castille soap bar - it lasts for ages and isn't drying.

Maya,

I bought castille saop with lavender at out local food store. I used it last night and I really liked it. While I was there I also saw jojoba oil, emu oil. Can I use these mixed together like you use as a moisturizer at night? Does the jojoba oil make the skin oily and what will it do to the whiteheads? I read in this forum that some people are using Vit E oil to treat whiteheads? What are your thoughts on this? My lactic acid peel has not arrived yet. In the meantime, I have started using the vinegar toner and am also drinking lemon water.

thanks

I have never had success with Vit E oils - everyone is different though.

Yes, you can mix jojoba and emu oils. Jojoba oil is better for oily/combo skin and emu is better for dry/combo skin ... so I use whichever one I need or mix them both. They are both oily to the touch but soak in after an hour and in the morning your skin will feel soft (and not oily).