Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sgt Pepper

Phase 1 of Face Attack complete

ok so i've done a 50% glycolic acid peel for 6 minutes a few days ago, as expected my skin was sore and now its red and stiff.....but its all good.

just can't wait to get my hands on the TCA thats on its way.

have a real acid party in my room.

yeah i know that.

here's before and after pics, lol

Before:

user posted image

user posted image

After:

user posted image

user posted image

....hopefully it will peel away soonish, can feel it tighten and crackle.

Damn, these acid peels do really make people's face go red. Since acidic peels make your face turn red for a few days, i am gonna start using it during my easter holidays for 2 weeks when i am off school. I can't walk into school with a big red rash lookalike mark on my face sad.gif

dermabrasion is costly and has more severe waiting time.

This redness feels like its about to crack off, but i bet it will take about 5 days for it to completely dissappear.

sgt pepper:

So how many ago was it when you applied the glycotic acid?

I wonder if lactic acid will give the red rash ish marks too when i apply it :-k i am so scared to try it <-- chicken wuss haha sad.gif

its all in my personal regimen log.

i applied the peel thursday morning.

i don't mind it being red, it at least shows that somethings happened.

i'd rather have it turn a colour than remain as it is, or else id feel like i have been scammed

its all in my personal regimen log.

i applied the peel thursday morning.

i don't mind it being red, it at least shows that somethings happened.

i'd rather have it turn a colour than remain as it is, or else id feel like i have been scammed

yeah many more pics will appear daily, until my skin is shiny and new

Im doing the 50% TCA and im def seeing improvements slowly but surely...your scarring is kind of like mine... I hate the fact that some of my scars arent like round in shape..theyre just weird shapes but oh well...anyway good luck with whatever you do, and id love to hear your results on whatever procedures u use because we have similar scarring i think

No.. u need at least 100 peels to notice subtle improvement.. Even for TCA complex .. ONe peel doesn't do u any good . Give yourself at least 6 months to 1 year for the peeling process

then whats the point in doing them, when red marks take around 6 months or so to fade out?

-and if a peel like TCA which is a medium peel and takes off several layers, it reveals newly formed skin that is unmarked....so it should take many.

ive done 2 50% tca crosses and i cant really give u a percentage as to how my scars have improved but they have gotten a little better..i might try 100% eventually...i think the tca cross will def give you good results ...much better than the peels...but make sure not to get the TCA on any good skin..if you want the document ill send it

ahh i see now, you're on about the cross.

no, the peels are where its at.

people wouldn't pay upto £2,000 a session (london) for 1 peel that doesn't do anything.

this TCA peel is strong stuff, on 50% you'd peel to the bone

No.. believe it or not one peel can't clear your red marks.. it doesn't take 6 months to fade out on its own.. there are a lot of ppl on the board having redmarks from ages ago..

generally in average people's cases the red mark dissappears from 6-11 months.

and it depends what red marks we're talking about. I'm doing quite faint pin-sized ones.

anyway i'll soon be able to see just how much its improved in a few days.

SgtPepper, I think you're obsessing too much. You have good skin tone and the small indentations you have should heal over time. Just eat a good diet and stop the acid it will thin your skin and make it more vulnerable and sensitive to the sun.