Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MonarchX

Are my pores finally purging? Opening up?

I have non-inflamed comedonal acne (no black heads). I have been on a good regimen of SA 2% and BP10% for 10 days now. I have no new pimples, but older ones started to become a bit bigger and started to develop white heads.

Is this a good thing? Does that mean my pores are opening up and this gunk is slowly coming out?

Or is it the other way around? Are my pores getting more clogged?

I don't know what to expect..pimples getting smaller and disappearing or pimples getting bigger, bursting and disappearing?

I suggest trying Niacinamide pads available on Amazon.com. There are several research articles touting efficacy of topical Niacinamide in treatment of acne. Niacinamide is anti-inflammatory and should help. These pads have scrubbing action to help open clogged pores.

I am getting the exact same results and looking for some answers on this. If anyone can give some clarification on this please post something.

It sounds like you could be purging, though considering your regimen I think it's more likely your skin is having a negative reaction. I strongly discourage (from personal experience) the simultaneous use of BP and SA, as I've heard from numerous sources they wreak havoc when put together. Could be working for you, but it's not a great combination. Also, you're using an unnecessarily high concentration of BP. I only use 10% for spot treatment, and that's mostly a placebo. It's very likely you're irritating your skin with that powerful a BP. I recommend Dan's extremely affordable, excellent 2.5% BP. Equally effectively, minus a ton of irritation.

It sounds like you could be purging, though considering your regimen I think it's more likely your skin is having a negative reaction. I strongly discourage (from personal experience) the simultaneous use of BP and SA, as I've heard from numerous sources they wreak havoc when put together. Could be working for you, but it's not a great combination. Also, you're using an unnecessarily high concentration of BP. I only use 10% for spot treatment, and that's mostly a placebo. It's very likely you're irritating your skin with that powerful a BP. I recommend Dan's extremely affordable, excellent 2.5% BP. Equally effectively, minus a ton of irritation.

But I have non-inflamed comedonal acne and only 10% BP can make a difference in its treatment. My acne is like...under the skin and there is no white head.

I don't even get dry skin from it...