Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nick_04

Lack of research?

Does anyone feel like acne is just neglected in science?

It seems crazy that there are cures or more effective methods of curing almost every other skin condition, but acne the most common is still very much uncured. It's like the common cold, no cure?

Colds and acne, there must be billions worth of money in products bough for both. Do you think there holding back a real cure for acne so they can carry on cashing in at our expense? Or that more research should go into acne to find a real cure?

I don't know for sure, but I have heard from other people that once in a while when a certain product comes out that really helps, within the next couple of months or whatever they can't find it anymore in any stores or online.

So I think that the research has been done, and somewhere out there there is a cure, but big companies like clearisel or proactiv buy it out so that people still buy their products. And maybe they even make their products not so perfect on purpose so that people have to keep buying more.

What I don't believe, however, is that doctors and clearisel have a whole conspiracy thing going on, or that the government makes sure that good solutions are taken off the market in order to keep the economy going, I think it's the big companies that do it.

its possible that the cure isnt something they cant sell you, but treatments, well those they can sell.

I read alot of studies for acne and mainly they are searching for possible treatments so that is their frame of mind, it doesnt seem like we understand it well enough though but we are getting pretty close it moves so slow though every month or so i go to pubmed and just type "acne"

there are perhaps 30 semi related new studies a month which seems decent, so they are still learning new things gradually.

I've read many places that the cause of acne is unknown. It doesn't seem like people are researching the cause, just possible treatments. I think people need to "pin down" the cause before there can be an effective treatment. I don't think there is enough research being done, most companies just mix in some generic ingredients and claim it's a "cure." It really bugs me that they don't try to make good products. You would think that a good product could be used for generations. It's not like acne sufferers are going to disapear. New generations are going to have acne.

I've read many places that the cause of acne is unknown. It doesn't seem like people are researching the cause, just possible treatments. I think people need to "pin down" the cause before there can be an effective treatment. I don't think there is enough research being done, most companies just mix in some generic ingredients and claim it's a "cure." It really bugs me that they don't try to make good products. You would think that a good product could be used for generations. It's not like acne sufferers are going to disapear. New generations are going to have acne.

is the marriage of capitalism and medicine really a good combination????

lies are usually more profitable then the truth sometimes, think"proactive" where there spokepersons are all known to have taken accutane yet continue to take millions to endorse the product and LIE!!! jessica simpson, alicia keys, no class man they just want cash, people getting rich off empty promises.

Colds and acne, there must be billions worth of money in products bough for both. Do you think there holding back a real cure for acne so they can carry on cashing in at our expense? Or that more research should go into acne to find a real cure?

nah, there's no reason for any drug company to hold back a cure. since people get acne as they grow, it means there's really a constantly replenishing amount of people who would buy a cure. (that, and drug companies do compete against each other).

i'd imagine we (as in the world) would be able to find a cure for acne, and a ton of other conditions and diseases if we put our minds to it, but on the grand scale, acne is (and should be) a minor concern compared to things like cancer, HIV, etc.