Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
damn!

Dermarolling after fraxel

Hi,

So it’s been 4 months since my last fraxel treatment and although I am happy with the improvement I would like to get into derma-rolling till the Acell thing comes out which could take months. Id say i got 30-40 % improvement from fraxel, want to achieve even better results so im gonna do rolling. Anyways, I would like to hear people take on this and recommend the best quality derma-roller (if possible a link). I am scared to just pick one because of all the scary stories I’ve heard about bad quality derma-rollers and the more scars they create. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Also, what size should I start off with I was thinking either 1.0 or 1.5. thx again

Hey, Just had my first derma roller with Dr. T @ hammersmith Hospital. I had to buy the derma roller (86 quid!) because its not avalible on the NHS but I was very happy with the treatment. The docs a true profeesional and altough it hurt like hell, I had a 1.5 derma roller, I think it will be worth it. Im due for 8 sessions which take about an hour and a quarter, 1 hour for the anaesthetic (topically applied) and 15 min for the roller.The doctor told me I should achive about 60% improvement on my severe boxcar scars.

It depends what type of scars you have but i wouldn't recommend doing this at home by yourself because you need anaesthetic to be applied. The treatment (Not the roller) is avalible on the NHS in the UK.

Hey, Just had my first derma roller with Dr. T @ hammersmith Hospital. I had to buy the derma roller (86 quid!) because its not avalible on the NHS but I was very happy with the treatment. The docs a true profeesional and altough it hurt like hell, I had a 1.5 derma roller, I think it will be worth it. Im due for 8 sessions which take about an hour and a quarter, 1 hour for the anaesthetic (topically applied) and 15 min for the roller.The doctor told me I should achive about 60% improvement on my severe boxcar scars.

It depends what type of scars you have but i wouldn't recommend doing this at home by yourself because you need anaesthetic to be applied. The treatment (Not the roller) is avalible on the NHS in the UK.

ohh nice! needling is a good cost-effective treatment. I have been doing it for a few months and liking the results. I might move up to 1.5mm, how long are u waiting between ur sessions?

Hey Damn, The doc says I should wait about 8 weeks between treatments to see the full results. My face is fully back to normal now after looking like I had a wierd sunburn on only parts of my face where I had the roller and although it looked really good at first the scars are back to their bad old selves. I guess this is expected and i have to be patient to see the results.

What type of scars do you have?

Hey Damn, The doc says I should wait about 8 weeks between treatments to see the full results. My face is fully back to normal now after looking like I had a wierd sunburn on only parts of my face where I had the roller and although it looked really good at first the scars are back to their bad old selves. I guess this is expected and i have to be patient to see the results.

What type of scars do you have?

I mainly have boxcar scars with a couple rolling, mostly located on the cheeks. I just bought a 1.5 dermaroller and numbing cream. Kind of excited and nervous about it at the same time. I know patience is the biggest factor with scars, but i'm giving it about another year then just doing fillers to "fix" it. I was going to do fillers earlier but then i wouldn't be able to do treatments like needling which actually try to "fix" the scars. I plan on doing needling for a little bit longer and then finish it off with fraxel repair. Anyways, hows needling going for you? do you feel like its a good treatment and will continue it?