Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kimothy

The ugly has transferred from my skin to my lips

Right now I'm approaching my 4th month of Accutane. Lately I've been noticing that my skin is looking especially glowly and clear, aside from some red marks that would be there no matter what (for now anyway). But my LIPS are worse than ever! I've got several bright red patches on my lips where the layers of skin are uneven and peeling. The corners of my mouth are constantly cracking, healing, then cracking again. I just bought a new all natural lip balm with tons of moisturizing and healing ingredients....... so I'm praying that I can heal my lips up by the time my boyfriend visits on the 28th! Oh and by the way....... YES I've tried Aquaphor and Dr. Dan's CortiBalm. Even those products were not enough.......

My new lip balm doesnt seem to be working........... by lips are getting WORSE. I've had fleeting thoughts of lowering my dosage but I know I wont do that...

My lips have been evil, too. The only thing I can say is drink plenty of water. The more I intake, the better they are. The more I slack, the more cracked and patchy they get. Oh, and of course, the balm.

I've also had a ton of problems with my lips. Mine are very full to begin with and twice they have swollen to almost twice their normal size. It looks and feels awful. It seems that mine get worse just after sun exposure even if I wear sunblock 30 on my lips and a wide brimmed hat. The aquaphor is very shiny, but it works better than anything else I've tried. I actually put it on my lips about 2 times each hour. Where they are cracking at the corners, I put Aquaphor there as well and reapply often. I had 2 cracks on the right side of my lip and after 24 hours of applying the aquaphor, the cracks are gone. Just keep applying it over and over again. My coworkers always talk about my shiny lips, but I don't care because it feels better and I know it will be over soon. I would rather suffer for 6 months than for the rest of my life!