Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ariellestar1234

GLUTEN...QUESTIONS ABOUT ,THIS GLUTEN?

Okay, so gluten is bad for most acne sufferes, right..,right!

So I have a question...Gluten is everything, or mostly everything..

I have let my mom know about it, and said I am allergic to it ,amongst several other foods and sugars ext..

she thinks that I am harming myself, by my very limited diet,(from going to the e.r 2 nights ago)...and by me not eating like usual, with the family on sunday nights..she thinks I am starving myself..ext

she thinks I need to stop trying to doctor myself, and just basically place my health in a doctors hands and let them drug me up, put me on bcps, or accutane..or something...she is saying ,me reading into organic stuff is deeming to harm me more then help me, and I am not certified to keep diagnosing myself ext..and I agree a bit, I cant dianose myself, however I know food Does affect my health ext..so I do understand her worrying about me, its only natural for a parent to be concerned about the health of their child...

But she does not understand how food has attributed to my acne, and my bad state of health ext..and helped screwed my hormones..

She fail to realize, that ketchup(becuase of msg)..will hurt me, or 2 potatoe chips, or a slice of cake will send me to the floor..or give me acne flareups, or make me puke..or that dairy, will influence my hormones..she, and the rest of everybody I know, just dont get it..or that I have candida,and thus yeast and cheese must be avoided, even butter..

but.. she is suggesting I eat other foods, like wheat,and dairy, or spagehetti,pastas..ext..

and all the other stuff that seeminly normal people can eat ..she is basically saying that my diet is not well rounded, she made a comment that you can not just live off broccoli, and salmon...which is only half of my diet by the way...lol..I told her, no I eat baked chiken, and plenty of other dark green veggies as well as some organic eggs, and sometimes some sweet potatoes...and I said that is my diet..

She said, what about breads?

Why no cereals?

Milk cant be that bad..

Oh, sugar in small amnts wont kill you..

And fruit is good for you why no fuit?

So I had to try an explain to her..

I am allergic to wheat/gluten..so that compasses just about everything that you have just listed..

pastas,breads,cerals..

I cant do milk, because of the HORMONES..

I said sugar /hfcs will cause a spike in my insulin..thus leading to more oil being produced..and acne..ext..

As well as most fruits, even though they contain natural sugars..

Then she tried to get slick, and say , okay well if I cook a meal, which would include cornbread,steak,baked potatoe, and a hardy/healthy salad, and some fruit juice...you could not eat that, even the salad/

I said, unless you are using oilve oil in the salad, with lemons...then, no I cant...she just looked sad...like OMG...are you serious...and that ended our conversation .

So my questiion about GLUTEN..

LIKE OATS

SPAGHETTI

PASTAS

PIZZA BREADS

NOODLES

Is the gluten the only reason we CAN NOT EAT THOSE FOODS^^^ABOVE?

IS GLUTEN THE ONLY REASONS WE CAN NOT EAT THOSE FOODS ABOVE?

Or, is there something else about the foods listed above that makes us not able to eat them?

If those foods above did not contain gluten could we make them a staple in our diets?

The reason I ask, is because my said she would buy those foods without the gluten for me, so I can eat with them, and not feel lefted out, plus have a more variety in my diet.

SO IS THE GLUTEN IN THISE FOODS THE ONLY REASON WE CAN NOT EAT THOSE FOODS ABOVE ,OR IS THERE SOMETHING ELSE IN THOSE FOODS ABOVE THAT MAKES THEM BAD FOR US WITH ACNEIC SKIN?

Because I would love to eat a non gluten pizza, with baked Chicken as a topping, and some other organic stuff LIKE homemode tomatoe sauce ..

same with oats, I would love to eat some oats with cinnamon , and rice milk ext..

The oats help me have a good bm..

I just need to know, so I can buy me like 100 dollars worth of non gluten foods this week..

And please post a link of the online stores to order these non gluten oats/cerals.pastas/noodles..

PLEASE I BEG YOU GUYS ANSWER MY QUESTION!!

THANKS!!

OK you....you :naughty:

We all want you to get better!

We all want you to relax!

I'm quite surprised because...you majored in Sports/Fitness & Nutrition...right?

We've made suggestions to you and...it appears that they've been ignored.

How are we to help you....if you won't listen, relax, and follow some positve suggestions?

You are NOT getting enough nutritients in your diet. Not enough fat. Not enough fiber.

Hence...Ulcer...although that's probably because you are STRESSED and your Andrenal System is waaay out of wack and has been so for a few years now.

You won't see a doctor, in particular an Endocrinologist to FIX what's going on in the inside....because you don't have money/insurance. Yet, for what you want to spend on Prescription drugs (which you are free to do), you can spend that money on seeing the doctor, getting the lab work, and getting a DIAGNOSIS. :dance:

In fact...for $300...the cost of some laser/drug thing you want....you can get Food Intolerance tests run from www.Alcat.com (there are also tests that cost less and those that cost more avail.)

Then you will have a personal dietary map you can follow. :dance:

As for the GLUTEN

The majority of those avoiding gluten do so because it is ....gluten.

We eat OTHER grains.

We usually eat other grain products that taste similar or BETTER (awesome) than the gluten "original'

Now...hold it :hand:

Does that mean I can eat a Gluten-Free cookie if it has HFCS and Dairy....NO! No, because those are also ingredients that I must avoid. However someone else is able to eat the Gluten-Free cookie that has dairy in it w/ no problems.

However, it DOES mean I can buy a different brand of Gluten-free foods that don't contain the other ingredients that I avoid. Also, that I am free to cook and bake I as choose to knowing.....everything I make will be safe for me to consume.

As for the last part....

Yes everything you eat practically is going to hurt right now. You are not getting sufficent amount of fat & fiber in your diet to ensure that your digestive system is functioning properly. So...add in more fiber (start w/ the supplement for $10 - $15), add in legumes (soak them if you must), add in some gluten free grains.

However, now that there's also an Ulcer in the picutre, the foods you eat will have to more gentle...Yet the good thing about the ulcer is that the regimen (Aloe + L-Glutamine + protein) it will help repair not just the ulcer, but also any possible Intestinal Hyperpermeability (leaky gut) issues you may be having (thought to be the reason for food intolerances)....which can also occur when you don't have sufficient nutrients and fiber in your diet.

Once again, that means you need to increase your nutrient, fiber and also protein consumption to allow your body to have the tools it needs to repair the problem. Your protein sources are going to come from animals, legumes and gluten-free grains....another reason to Eat More :angel:

Now, once again...we all want you to be healthy....don't be afraid to add something back in...especially if you don't know how you will react.

Now....not only must you think about your diet in terms of Acne....but also in terms of the Ulcer you now have.

That means...the Ulcer Diet comes first...with modifications for your Acne Diet. Therefore....when you review a few of these diets...you'll notice what foods are an irritant for the ulcer. I don't believe it's permanent, but until you allow it to heal (through relaxation, healing supps and increased protein)....this Is your Priority Diet Plan!

• Items most frequently associated with gastric discomfort include the following: black pepper, red or hot pepper, chili powder, caffeine, regular and decaffeinated coffee or tea, alcohol, cocoa, chocolate, cola beverages, citrus fruits and juices, fatty and fried foods, tomato products, and peppermint. These should be eliminated from the diet unless specifically allowed by the physician and/or dietitian. Additional adjustments may be made according to individual tolerances.
  • Chew food thoroughly.
  • Eat in a leisurely manner in a calm, relaxed atmosphere. Chew and swallow food slowly.
  • Reduce or stop cigarette smoking. Smoking delays ulcer healing.
  • Do not eat within two hours of bedtime.
  • Omit any particular food that causes discomfort.
  • If there is an ulcer, do not use aspirin, aspirin-containing combination medicines, or certain arthritis medications (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDS). ibuprofen (Motrin), Advil, and Aleve are NSAIDS. These can cause ulcers and delay or prevent ulcer healing.
  • Use antacids as needed. Keep in mind that magnesium-containing antacids can cause diarrhea

Sweetjade...lol..I knoe, and agree with everything you have said..

I just wanted to be sure before I spend the money on the gluten free oats, that give me good fiber and help me go well, That is really the only grain I want in my diet foreal, because when I was eating regular ole gluten oats I was going ever single day..

and I know too about the l-glutamine, which I started to take again today, along with boiled eggs for protein...

I am going to get more food allergy tests done to rule out eveyrthing I can...I just want to start having regular bms, so I wont feel conjested,. so I will order the fiber, and the gluten free oats!!

Whhats the BEST SITE TO ORDER THE GLUTEN FREE OATS?

ANYONE?

Thanks!!

First thing first is to chill out and relax. Your putting off some seriously stressful vibes, and thats just from text, I can only imagine how stressed out you must actually be. Stress is probably causing you just as many health problems, including acne, as your diet or anything else. Have you been tested, how do you even know for sure what you are allergic too. Don't fall into the hypochondriac mind games that come with trying to self diagnose health problems. Its really easy to fall into that trap when your desperate to find a cure for whatever health issues you may be dealing with, especially acne, which carries a strong emotional response and desire to find a cure.

NUTRITION INFORMATION

Eating Guidelines for Peptic Ulcers

This resource will help you to:

• Choose foods to help your stomach or intestinal ulcer heal

• Avoid foods that may be irritating or cause you to make more stomach acid.

Steps You Can Take

The following are steps you can take for managing ulcer disease.

Follow “Eating Well with Canada's Food Guide” (www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/food-guide-aliment/index_e.html) so that you eat a varied, nutritious, well-balanced diet. Good nutrition is important for ulcers to heal.

Include a wide variety of whole grains, vegetables and fruits, meats and meat alternatives (like dried beans, peas, and lentils), and milk and milk products.

A diet high in soluble or viscous fibre may help to prevent ulcers from coming back. Try to eat sources of soluble or viscous fibre more often. Lentils and dried beans, oatmeal and oat bran, barley, peanut butter, nuts, vegetables and fruit are good sources of soluble fibre.

Eat your meals slowly, in a relaxed atmosphere.

There is no research to show whether caffeine has any effect on ulcers. However, some people find that caffeine increases ulcer pain. If caffeine bothers you, try reducing it. For information about caffeine in foods visit Health Canada’s fact sheet “Caffeine and Your Health” at www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/securit/facts-faits/caffeine_e.html

There is no research to show that spicy foods or citrus juice or fruits have any effect on ulcers. However, some people find that they cause discomfort. If these foods bother you, try reducing them. If this doesn’t make any difference to your symptoms you can continue to eat these foods.

Alcohol increases stomach acid, causing pain and more damage to the lining of your stomach. It may also interfere with ulcer treatment. If you are not sure if you should drink alcohol, talk with your doctor.

If you choose to drink alcohol, do so in moderation. Moderation means: no more than 2 drinks per day; no more than 9 drinks per week for women; and no more than 14 drinks per week for men. One drink is equal to:

space

45 mL (1.5 oz.) liquor (40% alcohol)

140 mL (5 oz.) wine

340 mL (12 oz.) beer

85 mL (3 oz.) sherry or port.

Try to stop smoking, or smoke less.

Discuss the use of any medications containing salicylates (aspirin), and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) with your doctor. Read all medication labels carefully.

People with peptic ulcers can usually tolerate a wide variety of foods and eat a well-balanced diet. If you are avoiding many foods because they cause you pain or discomfort, speak with a Registered Dietitian, who can help you to make sure your nutrition needs are met. http://www.dialadietitian.org/nutritionpage.asp?id=1361

Sweetjade...lol..I knoe, and agree with everything you have said..

I just wanted to be sure before I spend the money on the gluten free oats, that give me good fiber and help me go well, That is really the only grain I want in my diet foreal, because when I was eating regular ole gluten oats I was going ever single day..

and I know too about the l-glutamine, which I started to take again today, along with boiled eggs for protein...

I am going to get more food allergy tests done to rule out eveyrthing I can...I just want to start having regular bms, so I wont feel conjested,. so I will order the fiber, and the gluten free oats!!

Whhats the BEST SITE TO ORDER THE GLUTEN FREE OATS?

ANYONE?

Thanks!!

For soluble fiber I would go with Acacia or Inulin fibers (FiberSure) because they are also Prebiotics (feed the good bacteria)

Gluten-Free Oats:

http://www.glutenfreeoats.com/

http://www.creamhillestates.com/en_order.php

http://www.glutenfree.com/SearchByKeyword.aspx?word=oat (several brands)

Sweetjade...okay I am going to ghet some foods tommorow, and I need your help..

I am batteling obviosly an ulcer, and gluten senstivity...amonst the other food allergens to dairy/whet/soy/hfcs/sugars..and anything MSG...URRRRG,I KNOW..

But I refuse to loose!!

Okay, I have my credit card ready to place some orders..

I need you to post on here what soluble fiber supplement I should buy_________________?.com

What digestive enzyme I should buy________________________?.com

Okay, as of now I have to eat just boiled eggs, and soft foods, I have been eating green granny smith apples(I know sugar)..but my stomach can not tolerate ,even the salmon I had earlier..which sucks....I have belnded them in my blender..the apples, and made some applesauce..natural..

So I am hoping full reief will be by early next week ans I will have to start from scratch.

I am going to get my dietary fiber from glutenfree oats..from glutenfreeoats.com..I will spend like 30 bucks..(I swear when I was doing the regular oats, I would go bm ..with no problem)..so I will stick with oats for good...

I will buy broccoli, as always...but it sucks, becuase now I dont have anything to bring some flavor to it..I cant use spices..because they will aggrevate my ulcer..

Is there any other something creamy I can use in my broccoli, besides my allergen avacaldo, and dairy/soy in the margarine..or is margarine safe?

and besides like evoo, which does not taste all that flavorable in my already now going to be bland veggies...apparently spices of any kind is a no-no now.

So some help in this area will be appreciated...some creamy texture something please?

I am going to buy PALM oil to cook with.

I am going to buy beans, but which kind guys, or they bad for us>?

I never noticed a breakout whilst eating beans, the ones you soak over night.

I want to but brown rice, but I am scared of gluten contamination..any suggestions?

I will still buy salmon, and hopes to eat it again next week, I will buy the hormone free, additive free chicken/white /lean..

vegeterian fed eggs...PLENTY..

I will buy my dark green collard and romaine salad next week...and kale.

Might do sweet potatoes, later after my ulcer has healed.

After like 2 weeks, I should be going bm regualrly, and I will add back in all my supplements, because I stopped taking them for now, because I found more allergens with msg stuffs in the caps..

However, I will still take codliver oil..and my zinc and glutamine, and a vitamin c...for now.

I hope this is good.

Sweetjade ,please what fiber supps, and digetive enzymes do you rec?

Thanks

she is suggesting I eat other foods, like wheat,and dairy, or spagehetti,pastas..ext..

and all the other stuff that seeminly normal people can eat ..she is basically saying that my diet is not well rounded, she made a comment that you can not just live off broccoli, and salmon...which is only half of my diet by the way...lol..I told her, no I eat baked chiken, and plenty of other dark green veggies as well as some organic eggs, and sometimes some sweet potatoes...and I said that is my diet..

This doesn't answer your question, but it's a little funny that your mother is worried about you not eating pasta when it has so little nutritional value and what you are eating is all nutrient dense foods.

I do agree with everyone else that you need to calm down. And if you are already following an anti-candida diet you are probably already doing a pretty good job avoiding gluten.

And if the foods you listed really are what you are eating, I'd just keep it up. It is pretty well rounded. After a period, you can add more things in.

I know alternatiivista..lol..she.most of my family and friends just dont get it..

But anyways, yes that is my diet..has been my diet..

I just have an stinkin ulcer, /bacteria h.ppylori..that I need to kill, and also add some probiotics in and some good soluble fiber..and I hope, I pray to GOD, that this cures me..

I dont get why people think I am wigging out..do I deem that way?

I am just trying to find a cure, its all..I have not really understood every aspect of the "proper diet," per'se.. and whilst I thought my diet deemed reasonable, its like okay, there is some other little tedious, mishaps that I did not know about..

However I am grateful that I know now about my ulcer/bacteria..so maybe ,just maybe if I solve that , and continue with my diet route, amd supplements , everything should pan out :confused: