Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How much do you know about your own disease? I'm just wondering how many people here have increased their knowledge of dermatology and acne because they suffer from it. It may seem like a stupid question at first. I mean if someone went to the doctor and was diagnosed with leukemia you can bet the first thing they are going to do is learn more about the issue and how to deal with it.

I ask because I find myself forgetting many of the things I used to know about acne, skin, the whole scientific deal of it. For a while I spent months researching acne to learn everything I could about it. But knowing all of the explanations and terms never really helped me. Is there a point in being knowledgeable of a disease you can't cure?

oh of course. i go to my library and get every book they have on skin, how to wash it, etc. even though i've changed my entire diet i still read books that say diet has nothing to do with it because it shows both sides.

i have thought about going into dermatology until i realized that would take medical school....

and people say acne is at the lowest spectrum of what they actually learn about so that sucks.

i don't think many people on this site know that much because i hear pretty stupid things sometimes but i think it's just the fact it's like grabbing at straws when it comes to acne.

i have thought about going into dermatology until i realized that would take medical school....

yep, i thought the exact thing at one time! or a cosmetic scientist who creates the products. :cool: but im still really interested in skincare and the ingredients that go into the products. i can say that my skin has improved because i know more about it and how to take care of it better.

yep, i thought the exact thing at one time! or a cosmetic scientist who creates the products. :cool: but im still really interested in skincare and the ingredients that go into the products. i can say that my skin has improved because i know more about it and how to take care of it better.

i was also thinking about nutrition but then my sister said she used to know a nutritionist. she asked if it's a good job and she said no because they have computers to do everything now.

whatever that means but now i'm kinda lost on what to do.

I think becoming knowledgeable about acne has helped me feel better about myself in a few ways. One, I know it's not something that I'm doing wrong - it's more or less a luck of the draw in the genetics department. I can let go of that anxious and guilty feeling that somehow I've brought this on myself. Two, it just feels good to have the information that is going on with my body. Acne is a big part of my life, and it's good to know about something that is such a big part of my life.