Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Venus in Virgo Gal

TCA Complex Downtime: How Bad?

To anyone whose tried TCA Complex, how bad is the downtime? Is it to the point where you can't leave the house? Does makeup cover the redness? Whatever can be said about the downtime, I would like to know.

“Money can't buy happiness, but it does quiet the nerves.� - Anonymous

first 2 days are OK

Next 2 days are crap - very peely and flakey

Day 5 - Last day, most flakes gone

I peel slower. Days 4 and 5 after I apply the TCA are the worst for me. Even day 6 can be bad. Arrrgh! But I have oily skin.

I think the peeling time depends on:

1. how and when you apply (e.g. I did 3 layers in 1 day as opposed to some who do 3 layers in 3 days)

2. Whether you use other methods to 'eat' up the dead skin/flakes as you go along (I used papaya peels, papaya soap, microcrystals and mayonnaise!)

For me, using the above methods, I was done in 4.5 days - which is pretty cool!

Geez, Maya, you gotta stop making this TCA thing sound so damn desirable...more and more, you're getting me to want to do it!! smile.gif

I have a family reunion coming up, next September. It will be held outside, in a park, and I am already freaking out about how I'm gonna look to relatives who haven't seen me in a while. (I haven't seen some of my relatives in 10 years or more, and my scars are now worse due to Accutane and the Zyplast injections done too soon after completing my course with the drug).

I wonder...if I DO decide to commit to TCA soon, how much improvement can I expect to see in the next 6 months? Enough to make me actually WANT to go to this family picnic...and be seen?? :-k

Maya, your generous proposal of a few weeks ago sounds better and better each day!! LOL biggrin.gif

John - that is my secret ploy!! I want you in England so I can have my wicked way with you biggrin.gif (don't tell my b/f!!)

Seriously, the TCA complex is easy to do and I think doing this once a month will give some pleasant results.

Still, for your deeper scars, TCA CROSS is the way to go! Come on over!

And you really MUST read the links on the top thread of this board - it will help your scars and healing post accutane.

Maya (you wild & wicked woman),

Do you know how persuasive you can be at times?? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Ha...anyway, I will probably do the TCA Complex before the sunshine comes back to NJ. (The snow is falling today...up to 7 inches of it!)

Thanks for the link to the liver and gall bladder flush...I hadn't seen that thread before.

Maya, your list of supplements is impressive but here are two more items you might want to consider adding to your anti-aging arsenal: SUPER L-CARNOSINE and Acetyl-L Carnitine (both amino acids). These two supplements help the body avoid sugar glycation (which is when our cells--skin cells, and otherwise--stick together.) For the past month or so, I've been taking 1,000 mg. a day of both of these amino acids, and I've noticed a big change in my skin. I definitely think it looks better. It's subtle but I hear the effects of these two supplements, like everything else, are cumulative. Anyway, I thought I would post it for you, or anyone else, who might want to add these to their skin care regimen.

Currently mulling over TCA Cross... biggrin.gif

Keep up the SOUL-INSPIRING work!! smile.gifsmile.gif

John - I am a spider spinning my John web =P~

Thanks for the amino acid tips - will definately look into that!

Have a great day in the snow! biggrin.gif

Maya

((((((((((Big Hug)))))))))))))

My experience with TCA peel:

applied it 3 nights in a row (same area with a paper towel)

after a few days it started peeling

After about a week it peeled completely.

I did wear a moisturizing SPF 30 throughout. This may have slowed down peeling. But I didn't want my Flaky skin so visible!

I am going to be using it on my forehead only, will this cause my forehead to look uneven in any way to the rest of my face after it has peeled and went back to normal?

Also, do you just apply it to your skin and leave it on or wash with anything afterwards?

thanks

Johnnery, based on your previous posts I think you should look into doing a liver flush before doing anymore treatments. You haven't responded to many treatments and maybe your system is congested from Accutane. Just a thought. :-s