Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, I was just wondering, how bad is the dry skin from Accutane? I know it's by far the most common, but is it so bad its unbearable? Oh, and are the chapped lips awful as well? I'm just wondering... I'm probably going to start Accutane soon but I am waiting til after my vacation (due to sun-sensitivity. Im going to FL = tons of sun) I mean, it's nothing cetaphil and some neosporin chapstick can't fix, right.....??

I hear you about Florida.... I live there and it's plenty hot! Anyway, for dryness I would reccommend CeraVe cleanser and CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. I found them at CVS pharmacy and it's the best stuff I've found for dryness. The lips are the worst... Aquaphor works the best so far but I still need something more intensive. I tried neosporin lip treatment but it wasnt enough for me (maybe it works better for some people). Next I'll be trying a lip balm called ChopSaver. It was originally made for musicians (which I am) but I've heard of all kinds of people using it and getting great results. Maybe I'll make a thread on it if it works.

I hear you about Florida.... I live there and it's plenty hot! Anyway, for dryness I would reccommend CeraVe cleanser and CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. I found them at CVS pharmacy and it's the best stuff I've found for dryness. The lips are the worst... Aquaphor works the best so far but I still need something more intensive. I tried neosporin lip treatment but it wasnt enough for me (maybe it works better for some people). Next I'll be trying a lip balm called ChopSaver. It was originally made for musicians (which I am) but I've heard of all kinds of people using it and getting great results. Maybe I'll make a thread on it if it works.

Thank you so much for your advice. But you didn't answer my question on HOW bad the dryness is. I've experienced the usual dry skin during winter, but I'm just curious on how bad it gets during Accutane. I've heard stories that it gets so bad people can't even talk or won't even leave their houses...Yikes! :|

My skin was verry managable. I used Cetaphil. It still was maybe a little dry at times.

Ya the lips get VERRY dry. Thats probably the worst side effect i had. They hurt sooooo much at some days...

I went to sleep at a friends house and i forgot my chapstick at home. I couldn't sleep at night my lips hurt so much.

But still. I dont regret using accutane at all. The side effects were worth it! ;)