Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ricky H

How much water do you drink a day?

My acne has started creeping back the last couple of days so im just making sure that i do all the little things properly to stop this from getting any worse. I reckon its coz ive gotten quite lazy about my overall hygiene, so im going to get my act together again.. by not touching my face, etc.

But id like to know how many glasses of water does everyone drink a day? I drink about 5 glasses a day. Is that enough? Oh and is water that essential to helping your skin?

I drink about 2.5 liters per day. You should drink at least 8 cups per day...(64 ounces; about 2 liters)

most people say " OH DRINK 8 GLASSES A DAY!!" but that's not neccisarily true. most 'glasses' are around 10-12 ounces, and the people that say 8 glasses are talking about 8 ounce glasses.

i drink 2 glasses per day and each glass is 32 ounces

so be careful and try not to drink too much (14+), because once you start to get up there you start to wash out vitamins and minerals before your body can effectively use them so be careful!

I drink a lot, but the myth about drinking 8 cups of "WATER" a day isn't true. There was a recent study that said most people aren't nearly as dehydrated as previously assumed, and that drinking WATER over soft drinks actually has no advantage when it comes to hydrating your body.

I drink a lot, but the myth about drinking 8 cups of \"WATER\" a day isn't true.  There was a recent study that said most people aren't nearly as dehydrated as previously assumed, and that drinking WATER over soft drinks actually has no advantage when it comes to hydrating your body.

Carbonated drinks are not good for your bones because of the phosphorus. Two different reasons have been given: 1) phosphorus binds to the calcium in your stomach and prevents absorption of the calcium into your blood, and 2) high phosphorus in your blood draws calcium out of your bones.

Caffeine also decreases bone mass and increases the risk of a hip fracture. In a study of 9,615 women over age 65, those who drank 190 mg a day of caffeine had a 20% to 30% increased risk of hip fracture. Sodas have about 40 mg of caffeine per can and brewed coffee about 100 mg per cup.

http://www.supplecity.com/articles/softdri...rinksunsafe.htm

http://www.cspinet.org/sodapop/liquid_candy.htm

i am a little curious about where you guys are getting your water information, about if you piss is clear, its a waste. No offense to anybody but that is just assinine. Being a bodybuilder, i no how important it is to consume well over a gallon and half of water daily. Through all the doctors i have every been to, if your piss isnt crystal clear, then you should be worring. You want it to be clear.

You should only be taking vitamins when your body is in need of them, so they can be quickly absorbed. Right when you wake up, or right before or after exercise activitys.

I am just a little curious as to why people would say piss being clear is a bad thing? Did you ever take into consideration, what all those pills do to your kidneys? You might want to look that up, then maybe you'll learn the importance of substancial amouts of water.

This was not meant to disrespect anybody, i just wnat to no where your coming from. :-k

animegirl:

you used the intense gel from puredeming? was it the one you leave on for 10-15 minutes or did you leave it on all night?

i'm thinking of buying that for my red marks but i'm not sure if that would help.

Guest Tracy

Malia....I use the Intense Gel from Pure Deming.....and you leave it on for up to 45 minutes....like a mask....it's more for hydration/firming than for redmarks, though.....I love it and will probably never be without it. It's wonderful stuff and smells heavenly.

My friend is in human kinetics and for a research essay he is researching acne. he has mild acne like me, and decided to do research b/c he was on medication that required him to drink FOUR LITRES of water a day (around 16 glasses, double what is usually recommended) for ten days. He said he started noticing an improvement in his skin after only a few days, but let me tell you I notice a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge improvement, and since he told me about it I've been doin the same. Makes your skin look overall healthier as well as, for some reason, clearing minor acne.

Yeah, it's just like when you put a tooth in coke it will dissolve

They did that on Mythbusters. The tooth didn't dissolve at all, but it did turn brown.

put an egg in a glass of coke.

Not enough :) lol.

Only about 6, MAYBE 8 cups a day. But I try to exercise 5-6 days a week, so drinking water comes natural during exercising.

On an average I drink about 8 to 10 glasses a day and for me it has helped. When I drink alot of sodas I notice my skin start to look dull and feels dry but once I stop and go back to just drinking the water every day my skin takes on a glow and looks n feels smooth :D

I pretty much only drink water. I might have some fruit juice a couple times a week, the occasional cup of tea/latte/soda, ect, but rarely. Anything else doesn't really sit well on my stomach, and I've noticed that a lot of water keeps my skin from being so dry.

I've learned that sugar can weaken your immune system if consumed too much, and the "fake" sugars in diet soda are even more harmful that regualr cane sugar. That and ALL THOSE CALORIES!!! When I learned more about sodas I just lost all desire to drink them, lol.