Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fballer12

Is it possible to cure acne holistically

Right now at this time in my life, I just can't do some of the diets that people are doing, its just impossible..

But most of the people on this board who have cleared have done it through diet, so is it ACTUALLY possible to cure acne any other way besides diet, because i've already tried so many things

Can you just cut back on processed foods and drinks and eat more real food?

And a b-complex, with zinc and vitamin C were the first things that ever helped me. It made my skin a lot less oily and I rarely had any inflamed acne on my face.

Can you just cut back on processed foods and drinks and eat more real food?

And a b-complex, with zinc and vitamin C were the first things that ever helped me. It made my skin a lot less oily and I rarely had any inflamed acne on my face.

I've been cutting back a lot on refined and processed foods a lot lately, but theirs always times where I can't control what im eating, whether its because my parents are making something for dinner, or if im going out to a restaurant, or if im with my friends

right now im taking zinc, chlorphyll, cod liver oil, and slippery elm

How old are you and what type of acne do you have? Whats is your topical regimen, including the products you are using? Diet helps but its by no means the whole story or the only way to fight back against acne. You can holistically combat acne by eating a well rounded diet, avoiding specific foods you maybe allergic to, and using only natural products on your skin.

Topically I usually only use water, but sometimes when I make my slippery elm tea, i'll put it on my face as its supposed to heal tissue and reduce inflammation

In the past i've used ACV, olive oil, and sea salt

I've been cutting back a lot on refined and processed foods a lot lately, but theirs always times where I can't control what im eating, whether its because my parents are making something for dinner, or if im going out to a restaurant, or if im with my friends

Just keep it up the best you can. I don't avoid everything. I just do more good and less bad. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Do it for life.

Are you also sleeping well? Active? Have any digestion problem? Is your acne constant or does it come and go?

Yes!

I don't have a firsthand account of this but... there are members (also see Curezone.com, Leo Keisens Your Last Acne Cure, AskShelley.com, etc) that have reversed their food intolerances and signs/symptoms...including acne, by doing ALL of the following as a particular regimen:

Liver Flushes

Colon Cleanses

Healing Leaky Gut (Aloe + specific type of L-glutamine)

It's yet another method that's considered "extreme" and "controversial" because most hasn't been backed by science...though yes Leaky Gut is known as Intestinal Hyperpermeability (and you can get tested for it)

The catch...it's not a one time cure all....(in the way some people think a "cure" should be). After you go through this nearly 6 - 12 month long process you will always have to do maintenance flushes/cleanses (maybe 3 a year) to continue the good results.

Best of luck!

the only cure for acne is reincarnation. so you have to reborn again with good genetics.

Dont stress out asmuch, sleep as long as you can and aim for 1-2 litres of water per day. This will help acne without altering diet.

Acne isnt down to genetics, maybe having a weaker body organ is but that inturn dosnt mean you will develop acne.

Yes!

I don't have a firsthand account of this but... there are members (also see Curezone.com, Leo Keisens Your Last Acne Cure, AskShelley.com, etc) that have reversed their food intolerances and signs/symptoms...including acne, by doing ALL of the following as a particular regimen:

Liver Flushes

Colon Cleanses

It's yet another method that's considered "extreme" and "controversial" because most hasn't been backed by science...though yes Leaky Gut is known as Intestinal Hyperpermeability (and you can get tested for it)

The catch...it's not a one time cure all....(in the way some people think a "cure" should be). After you go through this nearly 6 - 12 month long process you will always have to do maintenance flushes/cleanses (maybe 3 a year) to continue the good results.

Best of luck!

So you really think this is the way to go for intolerances and reversement?

Meaning you can treat it and be able to tolerate same diets once more?

Yes!

Liver Flushes

Colon Cleanses

Best of luck!

So you really think this is the way to go for intolerances and reversement?

Meaning you can treat it and be able to tolerate same diets once more?

Yes I did it with Gluten, all following Leos book. (OMG yes Leos book, bring on teh flamezzz)

i believe my acne is clearing from changing my diet and not using harsh chemicals on my face like bp/sa washes.

i just use tea tree oil, aloe, green tea, etc. all things found in nature.

I don't mean to ask because I'm sure it's a valid reason. But out of curiosity why is it "impossible" to change your diet? Don't answer if you don't want to, just curious.