Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Calygurl

Accutane Length?

How long does it take, before you can take it, and get off of it..

Is it possble i could take accutane and be clear for summer and not have to use it anymore??

Usually, before you can take it, you need to have tried topicals and antibiotics such as minocycline or doxy to have your derm prescribe it to you. The treatment can last anywhere from 4-6 months, mine is going to last 5. Depending on your acne and how you react to the treatment, you could be clear by summer but you would still be on it. I have been on for 6-7 weeks so far and I am already clear of active pimples, I just have a few scars left over. And the side effects arent that bad at all compared to what you get from it. If you feel that it is necessary, and your doctor prescribes it, then I say go for it. It has good lasting effects for many people, and if acne returns after the treatments it is more easily treated. Good luck.

It accaully depends on how bad your acne is. Mine was pretty bad and I started accutane in october and I still have alot of red marks. there was also a minor breakout this last week

shitttttt i dont have bad acne at all... but i have been on tetracycline and it didnt work pretty much because i stopped taking the pills about only 1 week after precribed.. but fuck.....

If your acne isnt that bad, you should try other stuff before going on accutane. Mine is probably mild/moderate, but after 7 weeks of accutane I have no more acne. For every person it is different, but I would say try other things first.