Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trev38

Amazing results with sea salt!

I'm new to the forum....I found this site a month or so ago and I'm so glad I did. I've had acne on my back/shoulders and chest since I was 16. I am 28 now. I've had every kind, but mainly the large cystic kind that leaves scars and dents. I have let this ruin much of my life from quitting baseball and football in high-school to missing out on the beach and swimming with my friends for my entire life. I tried everything from pills and creams and everything in-between until I just said screw it and quit fighting it like five years ago. I got sick of some improvement, then getting my hopes up it was gone, then bam, it would come right back...it wears on you. I just accepted the fact that I would live without anything that required me taking my shirt off around people(which sucks because I live in Mississippi near the beach and it's gets VERY HOT down here) and just deal with it. I work out alot and I keep my body in good shape. I'm sure all my friends wonder why I have never taken my shirt off in front of them since I was 16, especially since I work out so much. The only people that know about my condition are my ex-girlfriend of two years, my new girlfriend of six months and my family. It really is a terrible thing to go through and I feel for anyone who is/has gone through it. Nothing has ever worked in twelve years other than some slight improvement followed by another wave of breakouts. Having said all that, after reading on here about sea salt baths, I became very cautiously optimistic and gave it a try. It has been nothing short of amazing. After the first one I had a minor breakout on my mid-lower back of about four zits. Since then I have had one small new one on my left shoulder and two more small ones on my lower back and thats it. My shoulders have ALWAYS had the hard deep zits until these baths. It's unbelievable to me. This has been in less than a months time. I still have scars but I started laser treatments this week for those. It feels great to have real hope and to have found something that works. All I do is pour about 25 ounces of sea salt in the tub and sit for about thirty minutes. I'm so glad i found this site, I just wish i would've found it a long time ago so I wouldn't have missed out on so much and wouldn't have the scars.

I'm new to the forum....I found this site a month or so ago and I'm so glad I did. I've had acne on my back/shoulders and chest since I was 16. I am 28 now. I've had every kind, but mainly the large cystic kind that leaves scars and dents. I have let this ruin much of my life from quitting baseball and football in high-school to missing out on the beach and swimming with my friends for my entire life. I tried everything from pills and creams and everything in-between until I just said screw it and quit fighting it like five years ago. I got sick of some improvement, then getting my hopes up it was gone, then bam, it would come right back...it wears on you. I just accepted the fact that I would live without anything that required me taking my shirt off around people(which sucks because I live in Mississippi near the beach and it's gets VERY HOT down here) and just deal with it. I work out alot and I keep my body in good shape. I'm sure all my friends wonder why I have never taken my shirt off in front of them since I was 16, especially since I work out so much. The only people that know about my condition are my ex-girlfriend of two years, my new girlfriend of six months and my family. It really is a terrible thing to go through and I feel for anyone who is/has gone through it. Nothing has ever worked in twelve years other than some slight improvement followed by another wave of breakouts. Having said all that, after reading on here about sea salt baths, I became very cautiously optimistic and gave it a try. It has been nothing short of amazing. After the first one I had a minor breakout on my mid-lower back of about four zits. Since then I have had one small new one on my left shoulder and two more small ones on my lower back and thats it. My shoulders have ALWAYS had the hard deep zits until these baths. It's unbelievable to me. This has been in less than a months time. I still have scars but I started laser treatments this week for those. It feels great to have real hope and to have found something that works. All I do is pour about 25 ounces of sea salt in the tub and sit for about thirty minutes. I'm so glad i found this site, I just wish i would've found it a long time ago so I wouldn't have missed out on so much and wouldn't have the scars.

does this make the rest of your body drier, too? i have very flaky skin and worry about everything drying out the rest of my body

also

does any sort of sea salt work?

does this make the rest of your body drier, too? i have very flaky skin and worry about everything drying out the rest of my body

also

does any sort of sea salt work?

It didn't dry me out at all...I'm sure it's different for everybody though. As far as I know any kind of sea salt works...the grocery store I went to had it in 25 ounce containers, so I'll just use one of those each time.

I'm so sorry to hear about you condition, but know that you are not the only one!

I'm hoping that sea salt will keep working for you. If it doesn't, have you considered accutane?

I need to try this. When I was a teenager I tried to "create" my own solutions such as rubbing alcohol mixed with Witch Hazel lol... I had no idea what I was doing just knew I was sick of having acne on my back! I tried regular salt in my bath too... it did not work. I will give the sea salt a try.

The strangest thing is though, my sister always had acne on her back worse than me and she is 17 months older than me. I was around 13 and she 14 and I would pick on her about my nice clear back then what do you think happened around 15? I got back acne. Think God is getting me back for teasing my sister!

Hers covered her whole back my is more just the top of my back. Now she has scaring and gets them once in a blue moon and accutane did wonders for her, which she took once over 6 years ago. However, accutane only worked for a year for me and I am now 22 about to be 23 and still get them on the top half of my back. I am still looking for a solution! I hope this sea salt at least helps me some. Thanks.

I have been posting about this to those who say they have Backne cuz I think it works! Im so glad to hear this worked for you and wish luck to all those who try! And at least for me it never dried out my skin almost like it made it smoother.... :clap:

Wow I've never heard of bathing in sea salt, sounds like it really works though. I'm definitely going to have to give that a try!

ok so i took my fist sea salt bath today-only probelm? i got a kind with fragrance?

is this ok or should i go searching for one without fragrance?