Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest missyjean130

Missyjean's Accutane log

Guest missyjean130

Day 1 of month 3

Wow! I'm done with my 2nd month! Onto month number three ladies and gentlemen!

Guess what I have for you today!

PICTURE UPDATE TIME!

I'm sure you just wet yourself with excitement!

before

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/Meph.../0717082049.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/Meph.../0717082050.jpg

after

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/Meph.../0919080652.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/Meph.../0919080651.jpg

As you can see, before pix have clusters of pimples on my cheek and chin...and in after you should only see 2 zits on that cheek and 0 on my chin!

I am wearing makeup,I confess. Wanna know why my little muffins? I have tons of redmarks and if I took a pic they'd be darker and you wouldn't be able to see the awesome improvement! So this way, you're just seeing the zit action! I promise later today, when I wash my face, I'll take a 2 more pics of the same areas for you to see...ok?

but thats all I have! TWO pimples!!!! amazing shtuff,my lil muffins!

Also, as you can see, my scarring was really brought out by this picture...it doesnt look that bad normally...but that camera is generous in showing bad detail. I guess this a definite wake up call for me though, I need to start planning some scar treatments for after I'm through with tane!

Since it will be years before I can afford laser treatments, I plan on doing peels and needling. If you have any tips,suggestions for me concerning my type of scarring then feel free to inform me!

EDIT: ohhh I get it now...my cheek looks so shitty because I have makeup over extremely flakey skin. D'oh! That makes sense now =)

Guest missyjean130

Help

The place where my derm sent my prescription is closed and my derms office is closed so I cant get my derm to transfer to another place.

I WILL BE MISSING TWO DAYS OF ACCUTANE! will this screw me over?

You will be fine without 2 days of tane Missyjean just hang in there your skin looks great good job. With makeup your scars look still very very very mild. You won't be able to to do a syringe of a dermal filler thats for deep scars unless you got a couple. Some IPL photo rejuvination or fraxel, erbium, or smoothbeam lasers should work fine. I'm haveing every scar fill in to the very last bit right now. The process is very very slow you could be fixing even minor scars for 6 months or more. It is very expensive you better save up thousands of dollars. The treatments are slighty painful but rather quick with some redness or peeling after. I had 4 done already of 2 different kinds of treatments. I also bein useing collagen building topicals that cost a lot. The frist treatment you may not notice any change. If you are going to do any peels do a DR medical chemical peel its hardly not drying almost nothing but large amounts of skin peel off for 2-3 days bringing out the scars and takeing off dark spots. Now after a few months I see the skin comeing back in. It takes so long cause theres 3 weeks in between treatments. I'm going to be here for a while.

Keep me entertain with continuing results Missyjean.

MostExtreme

This is the best log i've read so far. what a great attitude you have towards all of this.

even though i don't know you missyjean, i'm really happy about your results. please keep on writing. i've been thinking about gettin on accutane for the past 2 months, and your log helped me get over some of my fears.

thank you again.

Hey missyjean don't worry about missing 2 days, I'm about to miss 5 and that should still be okay. It is a little distracting though, I think I'll ask my derm to try to not miss any pills for me next time 'cause if anything it breaks rhythm.

Otherwise your skin looks great! Why'd you have to take Accutane to begin with? You looked fine!

Guest missyjean130
Hey missyjean don't worry about missing 2 days, I'm about to miss 5 and that should still be okay. It is a little distracting though, I think I'll ask my derm to try to not miss any pills for me next time 'cause if anything it breaks rhythm.

Otherwise your skin looks great! Why'd you have to take Accutane to begin with? You looked fine!

Im going to be missing 6 days because my mother forgot to pick up my pills...

Aw styx, I'm sorry 'bout that Missy. Hopefully it won't matter too much as your skin looks terrific already. I'm no authority, but I'd think missing 6 days in the middle of your course is not as serious as it would be earlier on. You should be fine. :)

Guest missyjean130

Middle of month 3

I've not had a pimple in 2 weeks I think. My red marks have also faded a tad bit more, it's much easier to cover them up with makeup.

So girls on tane, I reccommend Loreal True Match, it worked nicely for me! Just make sure you exfoliate (baby brush for me) and lotion up before applying it.

I'm glad things are going okay! I agree with the baby brush method - my makeup looks terrible when I stop exfoliating. And I'm glad your red marks are finally fading. Are you using anything on them?

Guest missyjean130
I'm glad things are going okay! I agree with the baby brush method - my makeup looks terrible when I stop exfoliating. And I'm glad your red marks are finally fading. Are you using anything on them?

Nope, just the products I've listed earlier.

omg an actual pic of you, you are SO cute!!!!

Day 4

Okay so I have only two side effects- sleepiness and I'm thirsty A LOT! I'm drinking way more than what I'm used to. I keep a jug of water around with me at all times and take sips/gulps when I need to. I also drink a lot of green tea, we always have a huge jug of homemade tea in the fridge.

As a sunscreen for my face I'm using Eucerin Everyday Protection spf 30. It's a moisturizer and a sunscreen so I figure that's good, plus it has zinc/titanium dioxide in it which I hear are very good mineral sunblocks. For the rest of my body I decided to pick up some Neutrogena Dry-Touch spf 85, so I'll I'll try to pick that up asap and just wear long sleaves when I make the trip.

I've also increased my fish oil intake, I used to take two capsules a day and now I take four. Which is the maximum amount it says to take on the bottle. I figure since I've experienced a back injury, and accutane causes aches, then that would be good.

What's the fish oil for? Also I've been reading some logs where other "Tane" users reccomend apple cider vinegar. Is that for scars? does it work?