Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
awong01

My Smoothbeam Treatments

I had smoothbeam done today. The doc zapped me at setting 13. I didn't really felt a thing becuz I layered the numbing cream three times b4 treatment.

I had a test zapped last week on 12 and I didn't show any hyperpigmentation therefore the doc decided to zap me at 13. Initially he was gonna do 14. I read that my fellow asians responded badly to higher settings on SB. Typically, when should the hyperpigmentation or blisters start appearing?

It has been six hours since my treatment and I don't feel a thing. I might layer my face with neosporin for preventive measures.

edit: Pre SB Pics..

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/aaronk321...6&.dnm=f9f1.jpg

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/aaronk321...6&.dnm=1432.jpg

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/aaronk321...6&.dnm=c4ca.jpg

i don't think layering your face with neosporin is a good idea. I don't see how that would prevent any blistering and will probably just clog pores

awong! hey. i believe i saw your pics on here and noticed that your scarring is very similar to mine so I cant wait to hear what happens with your skin after the smoothbeam...much luck to you smile.gif

yo,

I don't think so... I will not put phenol on my face. If anything I'll self TCA Cross my pitted scars. I did a pitted spot on my chest and it filled in nicely. Actually, I wished I'd have done TCA Cross first and then SB.

My second day after SB - actually, I think my scars look more pronounced now. For my face regimen, I alternate between Kinerase/Copper peptides and DDF 30 SPF during the day and Retin A at nite.

Maybe u need exoderm

I'm hoping for good things. Irregardless of the results, I'll post new pics in a month. I'll plan on doing TCA Complex in about 1-2 weeks. smile.gif

awong! hey. i believe i saw your pics on here and noticed that your scarring is very similar to mine so I cant wait to hear what happens with your skin after the smoothbeam...much luck to you smile.gif

Damn, my face is dry as hell now. I need to stop the Retin A - it's making my face extremely dry, chappy, and red. I'll just use CP and Kinerase. However, I'm not totally giving up on my retin a - I'll still use it 2-3 times a week becuz it's the only proven thing I have used.

Update: Approx. three weeks after one sb. I noticed my scared pores have smoothed out and it looks fairly good. Unfortunately I decided to do TCA cross so I've some unsightly large red pores from it.

Well, my next sb is in 15 days and I'll refrain from TCA Cross until after all my SBs. I just hope I didn't cause additional damage by doing TCA Cross.

smile.gif