Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Faydra Lune

Elf Cosmetics

I was looking at Elf's website out of curiosity (I saw these really cute face colors in a video I wanted to look at) and I was noticing that the brushes are priced at 1$....as are the cover sticks...and it looks like everything else is only a dollar....

Is this real? Is it really only a dollar? O_O

Here's the site: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/

Yeah... ELF stuff is pretty cheap. Their $1 eye pencils were featured in fashion mags.

Yes, I have their Neutral "get the look" set which includes the

*tweezers - they are AWSOME!

*eyeshadow brush (not the blending one, thats really bad) - which is also AWSOME!

*lash and brow clear mascara - its pretty good for what an eyelash/brow clear gel does

*brown eyeliner pencil - good staying power, ive only tried it on my hand and could barely rub all of it off although it might be too hard to get on your eye, so the reviews say

*eyeshadow quad that has really nice neutral colors which has pretty good color payoff for light colors.

Im planning on getting the eyelash curler that has REALLY good reviews, the natural lash kit, All Over Face color in pink lemonade and fair, Natural radiance blush in Innocence, probably another tweezers, and then some. I know their shipping is at least $7 so it kinda makes you buy a lot to make it worth it (as if $1 isnt already) but I hear their shipping is kinda bad.

I've purchased quite a few of the products from there and needless to say I love them. :D

Especially my eyeshadow brushes - I stocked up on quite a few of those. Some of the glosses can be a bit tacky on the lips but they've got some nice colors. The eye shadows are pretty good as well, I actually used the I think it was 'drama' set for my younger cousins halloween make up. She loved it and it stayed on all night.

Guest kiwikali

the reason they're so cheap is cause they fucking suck ass

sorry, but it's just too good to be true

i tried the bronzing powder and blush, and oh my, cakey nasty mess! made me look like lindsay lohan, it was terrible. i'd just stick to Sephora if i were you.

idk the stuff just looks like crap and i've heard they have really bad customer service.

i'd probably never purchase anything from ELF personally.

You can't say all the stuff is crap. The $1 price does not mean it's all crap, just like a high price tag does not mean a h/e brand is all GREAT. It's hit or miss with ELF, some is a great find, some is crap. Read through the reviews and be choosy. Paula B has done some reviews of the brand and found some items that were great as well.

You can't say all the stuff is crap. The $1 price does not mean it's all crap, just like a high price tag does not mean a h/e brand is all GREAT. It's hit or miss with ELF, some is a great find, some is crap. Read through the reviews and be choosy. Paula B has done some reviews of the brand and found some items that were great as well.

Agreed^ And um well yes, some of it is bad and some of it is good. People have different opinions though too. Just because one product is expensive and most people liked it doesnt mean it cant be a terrible product for another person. Why do people look at the price and a few bad reviews and never consider trying some things themselves, its like all the positive reviews are ignored just based on the cost, and with ELF theres tons of positive reviews as well as negative. Its not like all expensive products have all straight 5 stars either. Thats what makeupalley is for, leave it to people who already went out and tried something and see what most of them say, you can find some good deals that way!

I contemplated the possibility of it being crap when I first saw it (before I made the thread), but after reading the reviews and....well, it's only a buck a piece lol, it's all good in the neighborhood.

I'm sure it's not all great, like any makeup brand.

I'm going to put on my makeup and head to Big Lots! now. >.> :D

I did find some stuff at my K-Mart but only a few products, none at Big Lots. I ended up placing an order on the ELF website for the things I really wanted to try.

I looked at Big Lots!, K-mart, and Save-mart and didn't find anything. ;_;

You, too? I looked all over my town and finally found them at a discount store :rolleyes: . They have a store locator on the E.L.F. website, but I'm not sure how accurate it is.

Tried some of the ELF makeup, and it's not so great. I tried the double-ended mascara and it was completely dried up at both ends. Absolutely nothing went on my lashes when I tried to apply it.

I also got some lip gloss, with SPF 15 in it. It smelled like grape candy, which I hate, and it was also extremely gloopy, sticky, and a little frosty. But it did make my lips a nice nude color, which is what I was going for.

The last thing I bought was an eyeshadow quad. It had white, light grey, medium grey, and dark grey in it. It's okay, but I have to apply a lot in order for you to be able to tell the difference between each shade.

I guess with this makeup, some of it's okay and the rest sucks.

Well, I ordered my items on the 17th and received them today! So about a week or so for shipping I guess, not bad at all, its normal. I of course was missing the 3 blusher that I ordered, and I emailed them about it so we'll see what kind of customer service they give. I was really pleasantly suprised that I pretty much like everything I ordered. The all over color sticks, eyeshadow and liquid lipsticks are nicely pigmented. I like the eyelash curler but ill have to say that it is a bit hard to squeeze. I wonder if theres a way to loosen it or let it move freely, otherwise I like the shape of the area that fits over your eye.

I did discover that the blending eyeshadow brush has had an overhaul. I saw the pic on their website and some of the youtubers that reviewed it and that looks scary, so for some reason I still ordered it but this one is good! I know for sure they changed the brush. It is not the same at all and it is now made of the same hair as the infamous eyeshadow brush, where before the hair was more darker and similar to the all over face and blush brush, they said it was scratchy which is how I currently describe my old sonia kashuk one (which she has also since overhauled). This one is soooo soft and the hairs were cut shorter. I think ill get a lot of use of this one.

So overall experience, not too bad other than not getting my blushes, they'd better ship it to me free of charge or credit all of them back since they charged me full price. Other than that I feel like I got some good deals!