Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lactic Acid peel with other products???

Is it ok to use Lactic acid with other products? My regimen is every morning when i wash my face and night before bed, i use clean and clear: exfoliating daily wash and straight after i use a neutrogena clear pore multi-vitamin moisturiser.

Is it ok if i use the lactic acid peel kit after using the clean and clear exfoliating daily wash and then putting on the neutrogena moisturiser?

Will this make my face worse (i have red/brown marks from past spots) or will it speed up the process of exfoliating since i am using the clean and clear product and lactic acid at the same time?

Thanks in advance! biggrin.gif

Not exactly sure what you are asking, but will share my routine with you....

I cleanse my face with my normal cleanser, use the Prep solution, then apply the peel to my face. After I've rinsed it off, I reapply the Prep solution and then apply my usual moisturizer.

So, to sum up:

- cleanser

- prep solution

- lactic acid

- prep solution

- moisturizer

There's no way for me to know how your skin will respond, but it is meant to exfoliate the skin so that it will become less clogged.

Hope that helped. smile.gif

Not exactly sure what you are asking, but will share my routine with you....

I cleanse my face with my normal cleanser, use the Prep solution, then apply the peel to my face. After I've rinsed it off, I reapply the Prep solution and then apply my usual moisturizer.  

So, to sum up:

- cleanser

- prep solution

- lactic acid

- prep solution

- moisturizer

There's no way for me to know how your skin will respond, but it is meant to exfoliate the skin so that it will become less clogged.

Hope that helped. smile.gif

do u know if the neutrogena multi-vitamin moisturiser is still available in the uk? i used to use it a while ago and then started using the clinique oil-free moisturiser which i dont think is as good. the assitant in boots said they dont sell the neutrogena multi-vitamin moisturiser anymore. not sure if this applies to everywhere in the uk

What is a prep solution? i thought it was just a simple case of applying lactic acid to your face or about 5-10mins, then rinse it off then, maybe moisturise with some emu oil, or what not, am i totally wrong?