Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brushie

accutane and insurance...

im kinda new to accutane and im doing my research, but it seems like a lot of insurance companies dont cover accutane? is this true? or am i wrong? how can i find out?...i guess i have to call my insurance company, right?

Call your insurance company. Some insurance companies will not cover the cost of Accutane but will cover the generic forms.

When I called and inquired in Dec, my insurance company did not cover Accutane but had a mandatory substitution for Amnesteem. However, on Jan 1 they changed the policy to cover the accutane.

My co-pay for Amnesteem in Feb was $10 for the 10mg and $10 for the 20mg.

In March, my DR ordered no subst - so I had to get name brand Accutane. My co-pays jumped to $25 for 10mg and $25 for 40mg.

You probably also ought to ask what the copays are if $$$ is an issue

thanks, ill start to look into it. money isnt an issue - if accutane is gonna do it for me (after my current doxy setup doesnt work), then i'll pay whatever, but id rather pay a $10 co-pay, than not have insurance cover it at all and have to pay $100? $200? more?

i was just curious, thanks.

More, much, much more. I am on 80mg of Claravis (generic accutane), I got it at Walgreens. It was a whopping $547 dollars a month without insurance. Although i will have my next scrib filled at Costco. They only carry amnesteem, but the same quantity/dosage there is only $320. SHOP AROUND!!!!

I just got my script of Amnesteen filled the other day. I pay $3 and my insurance pays the rest. It told me on my little slip I save $431. So that makes my day. biggrin.gif/

I could pay $3 for generic or $15 for accutain.. But my Dr. told me that the generic does not work as well.. He told me that it had less medicine in it?

not sure if you have costco where you are, but I guess its the law that they have to let people use the parmacy even if they dont have a "club mebership." I just bought my first perscription yesterday and I dont have insuracne sad.gif my perscript cost $230 at wallgreensn (US dollars)