Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blazenarrow

the "AVERAGE" persons daily routine?!?!?! **OPINIONS WANTED**

Hello All! I am not new to Acne.org, however i've recently been driven to open an account and begin participating in these forums.

So here are the question's I have for everyone ( I was going to run a poll but I don't know how in these forums ).

-From the people you know in your life, family friends or anyone else WHO DOESN'T HAVE ACNE, do you find that they wash their face twice a day? For instance, I know most females who wear makeup probably wash their face every night to get it off, but what about average males? Would you say that people who don't have acne don't worry about washing their face twice a day with a cleanser? Or would you say from your experience that most people wash their face the same amount regardless if they have acne? Also, do you know someone who had acne when they were in their teens, and then outgrew it and stopped washing their face with no return of the acne?

I have an idea I'm exploring here, and I want peoples honest opinions and observations in all of your own life's. Feel free to answer any of the questions based on your own experience.

Thanks! :idea:

well, I don't know of anyone without acne who washes their face twice a day. If you don't have acne prone skin and it doesn't breakout without washing it, then why wash? I know I wouldn't if I didn't need to. And I've known alot of people in my family who have grown out of their acne around 18-19 and stopped doing anything for their skin without the return of acne.

I would have to agree, my brother outgrew mostly outgrew his acne at around 19-20. My friends who don't have acne don't seem to worry about washing their face consistently twice a day every day.

My acne started clearing up around the time I turned 19 and it is mostly gone now (just turned 20) and all I do is give my face a quick rinse mostly every night with just water. If I did something where I got dirty I will soap my face but otherwise I don't worry about it. I found getting outside helps my complexion a lot. I kind of just wash my face when it gets that gunky feeling, otherwise I don't really mess with it. I have seborrhiec dermatitis though so for whatever reason that flares up sometimes.

My dad had acne until he was into his low 20's. He hasn't had it since then and I know all he does is wash his face with soap when he shaves like every couple of days. Otherwise he never really does anything to it.

My mom uses tons of bueaty products and has had perfect skin for as long as I can remember.

A good friend of mine takes a shower everyday in the morning. I am not sure if he uses soap on his face or not but I highly doubt he does if he even washes it at all.

Well my guy friends that don't have acne wash their face twice a day with a regular bar of soap. Other friends who still have really clear skin but maybe a rare whitehead now and then usually use a cleanser like Cetaphil instead of a bar of soap, lol.

Based on my family, friends, and college living, I'd say the typical young woman washes her face with some kind of face wash at least once a day to remove makeup. Twice a day sometimes, but no serious religious routine. Might use a toner or makeup remover. She probably moisturizes her face sometimes in the winter, but again, not every day. Neglects to put on sunscreen. Occasionally uses a scrub or beauty mask. Keeps some pimple cream around but only spot-treats with it.

For young men, it depends how fastidious they are. Some wash their faces once or twice a day with a bar of soap. I think a lot just rinse off in the shower with hot water and leave it at that, or only wash with water right before they shave.

My sorority and dorm experiences back up CAKD's observations.

My dad had severe acne that tapered off in his late 20s. Now, he occasionally has mild acne, but it's not anything very noticeable to anybody besides him. All he does is wash his face with Irish Spring bar soap and spot treat with Stridex pads.

Well, my mother doesn't have acne but she still washes her face twice a day (although, she doesn't have to be conscious of just what she's washing it with :doubt: ).

My father (who doesn't have acne) and my brother (who DOES have acne, though not terribly, and it doesn't bother him), though, do not wash their face outside of the shower. Must be nice.