Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stephie

Supplements for scars - trouble sleeping?

Hi all -

I started taking some additional vitamins a few months ago to help with my scars:

AM - multi-vitamin, Vitamin C

Late Afternoon - Vitamin C, Vitamin E

Is anyone else taking Vitamin C and having trouble sleeping? Is it possible that this is why I'm having trouble sleeping? I've been through everything else I can think of and it occurred to me today that both things started around the same time.

Also, does anyone else find that they urinate more when taking Vitamin C?

TIA,

Steph

Guest delta force operators

i used to have the worst sleeping problems

let me share twhat i have learned

try to wake up as the sun rises if not earlier.

go to sleep, within 1 hour of the sun going down

eat 3-4 hours before going to sleep

only tkae supplements in the morning and noon time.

also work out in the mornings.

i wake up early in the mornings to work out and go jogging, by the end of the day im exhausted, i usually go to bed just after the sunsets.

I've been taking vitamin C and E (among other things) and I think I've actually been sleeping better. I've never heard of vitamin C causing sleeplessness, but I guess it could happen. Are you taking within the UL of vitamin C? It's about 1800-2000mg per day I believe. Though vitamin C IS water soluble, too much of anything is never good. Chances are there is vitamin C in your multi-vitamin, and obviously in your two extra doses you're giving yourself; you may not need this much. My only suggestion would be to take the supplements earlier in the day or maybe cut out the vitamin C supplement you're taking with the multi-vitamin, and then just take one extra dose of vitamin C in the afternoon. The RDA of vitamin C about 75mg for females, but extra is great for immune system function among other things, this is probably why the upper intake limit is so much higher. I take about 500mg a day and the only other vitamin C I get is from food sources.