Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

BCP............

Okay so I DESPERATELY want to go off of my birth control pill... but my boyfriend says he wont sleep with me if I do LOL... I have been on this amazing diet for so long and I feel like I am just cancelling it out by taking fake hormones.... I'm not giving my body a rest, and my naturopathic doctor said that BCP can overload your liver with hormones and can screw em up. UGH.......I HATE the fact that every other form of birth control SUCKS.... including IUDs... I havent heard very many good things about them.... I would get one but it scares me. And condoms are just unreliable because they break.... I'm not sure what to do anymore... I just want to go AU NATURALLLLLL..... :(. I'm tired of these fake hormones in my body, plus breast cancer runs in my family. Does anyone here have an IUD?? And how is it working out for you? I heard of some women bleeding alot. I am going to ask my doctor about it tomorrow. I will let you guys know what she says... Thanks.

i like being on my bc pills and can't imagine being off them seeing how i skip my period. IUD's are painless and i only hear good things about it so try it.

From all I understand, IUDs are typically given to women with children because they either don't go in or don't stay in as well in women who have not had children.

I am also a big supporter of hormonal birth control. I'm one of those people who is miserable 7 days out of ever 28 because my periods are so awful when I am not on birth control. It is one of the best thing's that has ever happened to me in terms of improving my quality of life.

From all I understand, IUDs are typically given to women with children because they either don't go in or don't stay in as well in women who have not had children.

I am also a big supporter of hormonal birth control. I'm one of those people who is miserable 7 days out of ever 28 because my periods are so awful when I am not on birth control. It is one of the best thing's that has ever happened to me in terms of improving my quality of life.

oh yeah, i remember that it says that in their commericals.

maybe you should change your BCP. i'm on orthro-tricyclen and they do say YAZ is ok now.

Okay so I DESPERATELY want to go off of my birth control pill... but my boyfriend says he wont sleep with me if I do LOL... I have been on this amazing diet for so long and I feel like I am just cancelling it out by taking fake hormones.... I'm not giving my body a rest, and my naturopathic doctor said that BCP can overload your liver with hormones and can screw em up. UGH.......I HATE the fact that every other form of birth control SUCKS.... including IUDs... I havent heard very many good things about them.... I would get one but it scares me. And condoms are just unreliable because they break.... I'm not sure what to do anymore... I just want to go AU NATURALLLLLL..... :(. I'm tired of these fake hormones in my body, plus breast cancer runs in my family. Does anyone here have an IUD?? And how is it working out for you? I heard of some women bleeding alot. I am going to ask my doctor about it tomorrow. I will let you guys know what she says... Thanks.

Spermicidal lubrication + condoms = one possibility

hmm, you could also not sleep with your boyfriend for one or two months and go off birth control and see if your acne clears up. Although you probably wouldn't want to do that. I think that if I were a sexually active girl I would rather have acne/a good relationship with someone than have something stuck in my vaginal area, not have acne, and still be in a relationship. Does your boyfriend not like your acne or something? Why do you want to put strange devices into your body?! Although I guess BCP are unnatural chemicals...hmmm, this is a conundrum indeed.

Also I thought that BCP were supposed to CLEAR acne?

i like being on my bc pills and can't imagine being off them seeing how i skip my period. IUD's are painless and i only hear good things about it so try it.

Hmm yeah I've read up on it a bit more since leaving this message and I've read a few more positive reviews....

Oooh yeah... that sucks hun.... That's the thing is I wonder what my natural period would be like because I only had one year of my cycle being natural, and then when I was 16 I went on the BCP, been on it ever since. I dont know I guess I just feel like the pill is masking what may be the cause of my acne.... or even causing my acne. BCP also through off the balance of your good bacteria in your ahem girly part.... and man I get the worst yeast infections from them... this is another reason why I want to go off of them.

oh yeah, i remember that it says that in their commericals.

maybe you should change your BCP. i'm on orthro-tricyclen and they do say YAZ is ok now.

Oh yeah I'm on OTC too.... I've tried to change my pill before... it didnt do much for me :(.

Spermicidal lubrication + condoms = one possibility

hmm, you could also not sleep with your boyfriend for one or two months and go off birth control and see if your acne clears up. Although you probably wouldn't want to do that. I think that if I were a sexually active girl I would rather have acne/a good relationship with someone than have something stuck in my vaginal area, not have acne, and still be in a relationship. Does your boyfriend not like your acne or something? Why do you want to put strange devices into your body?! Although I guess BCP are unnatural chemicals...hmmm, this is a conundrum indeed.

Also I thought that BCP were supposed to CLEAR acne?

BCP CAN clear acne... but only for the lucky ones.... sometimes the pill can cause acne too cause it might not have the right balance of hormones that your body needs.

My boyfriend is very understanding and says he doesnt care about my acne.... but I DO... No matter what he thinks I am always going to be upset about my skin if it is breaking out... which it is right now... SOOO badly.... I dont understand.

Yeah I am not liking the fake hormones in my body... The copper IUD doesnt interfere with your hormones... which is what I like about it. I dont know I am just really upset and feeling crazy right now.

Thanks for the replies guys. :)