Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone else experience like..worse scabbing on Accutane?

Anytime I have a zit, and it's been drained, it scabs hardcore. Then I just want to pick that scab, but I'm not going to. Is this probably because there's increased drying of the skin?

Does anyone else experience like..worse scabbing on Accutane?

Anytime I have a zit, and it's been drained, it scabs hardcore. Then I just want to pick that scab, but I'm not going to. Is this probably because there's increased drying of the skin?

I had the same experience in my first month on Accutane. Can't really explain it but all I can say is, you're not the only one. Just wait for the scabs to dry out to the point where they can practically fall off on their own ... and you'll have new skin waiting underneath it. I had scabs for about 2 weeks, and then the next week they were gone and they have been gone ever since (and my skin has cleared up significantly since). The pimples I have now don't really scab up anymore. I've been on Accutane almost 2 months.

this happened to me a few times with cyst like bumps when they never came to a head. usually the scab stuck around for 2 weeks. you should definitely wait the scab to fall off on its own because your skin can be very sensitive underneath and lead to scarring.

Ugh, the scab itched and I scratched it and I peeled skin right off of my face. It's raw underneath, it stings to the touch and it sucks. I really hope I don't scar, I feel so stupid for having done that. I've done much worse things to zits that have been in this same kind of spot before, though, and I've never scarred from it. I know my skin is a lot different on Accutane, but fingers crossed for no scar :(:(

Thanks for your replies, by the way.

im on my 3rd month of tane and i find that applying sudocrem REALLY helps the scab to form quicker- and normally fall off in one or 2 days

apart form that , whenever possible don't pick at your skin

trust me i have learnt from experience- eg; i see a blackhead and normally i could push it out with no negative skin response

do tht on tane and i cm scab for a few days- sooo not worth it!!!

all the best!

Hey thanks for the tip. If I get anymore pesky small cysts I'll pick some up to help with the scabbing, 'cause those are usually the only things that do.

I'm trying soooo hard not to pick, but that flaky skin just has to go sometimes. I actually use tweezers and just kind of pick the dead skin away if it's already loose and hanging there. And I'm the same way with blackheads, I push em' out all the time and nothing bad happens, even on 'tane :P