Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jolian

Leaving Everyday Minerals?

my order went fine O_O

except their online customer service really sucked since I kept waiting for it and no one ever responded

( was trying to figure if it has spf since it has zinc something-something in it)

No, it doesnt have SPF in it but if you ever need to contact their customer service e-mail [email protected]

Everyday minerals Concealer, foundation and blush all have the same common ingredients : after mica the next 2 ingred. listed are Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide

below is copied from:

http://www.natural-skin-care-info.com/natural-sunscreen.html

Zinc oxide is a natural UV blocker just as titanium dioxide is. It also has the same very water resistant quality of titanium dioxide and wards off bacteria. Zinc oxide is as widely used in sunscreen lotions as titanium dioxide. These two elements together give most brands of mineral makeup an spf of 15.

The key word is "most" brands ..hmmm..I am be curious to hear what EM has to say about the SPF level too..kind of unusual nothing is mentioned on the website..with 2nd and 3rd ingredients as natural suncreens one would think it would offer some kind of protection.

..hope this makes sense. I'm at work and distracted...lol

The key word is "most" brands ..hmmm..I am be curious to hear what EM has to say about the SPF level too..kind of unusual nothing is mentioned on the website..with 2nd and 3rd ingredients as natural suncreens one would think it would offer some kind of protection.

You can't claim an SPF level without FDA approval. They are the ones who give the rating. It takes time and money to get these ratings, so maybe that is why EM has not taken that step.

I personally feel that EM's foundation is offering me enough sun protection for everyday activities. If I am in the sun for any extended time (ie. at the beach), then I wear a sunscreen.

You can't claim an SPF level without FDA approval. They are the ones who give the rating. It takes time and money to get these ratings, so maybe that is why EM has not taken that step.

I personally feel that EM's foundation is offering me enough sun protection for everyday activities. If I am in the sun for any extended time (ie. at the beach), then I wear a sunscreen.

ahh..I didn't know about the FDA approval. Thanks for the info Siouxsie :D When I wore EM it seemed to offer me some sun protection as well. I was out 6 hours in early morn/afternoon sun.

But, I no longer use EM as it made me break out.

Note about the foundation: The SPF will work best if you apply it liberally, like sunscreen. If you only use a small amount of it, as we've been told to use by BE and EM, a thin layer of foundation will not supply you with adequate sun protection. I always use a moisturizer with SPF in it, as a back up :) .

Yesterday I went and played Ultimate Frisbee (I haven't played outside since like, 2nd year High School). My allergies are acting up like crazy because of the "new" air, so I was rubbing my nose a lot. That night, I washed off my makeup and saw that the very tip of my nose was red, like Rudolph lol.

I apply my EM liberally, so it helps. I also wear SPF moisturizer, so that helps too....I just though it was funny that only my nose-tip was pink.

/tangent

I put in an order....I need more foundation, and I decided I haven't personally been affronted by the company without amends being made, so I hold no grudge.

It seems that the vibe of their forum has improved now that order issues are not being sussed out there. I just hope that they are dealing graciously with CS issues through email now....

This thread makes me nervous. I've only dealt with their customer service back when it was the best ever. Their Start-to-Finish powder looks really interesting, though, so I went ahead and e-mailed them. I'm hoping they answer, but if they don't, it'll just make it less likely that I buy the product (since I don't know everything that's in it).

Finally got my sample kit from them. I guess its the wait for it being shipped. They do ship out their products but it's a bit tricky they use electronic shipping labels so the day you place your order and about 24 hours your order will say shipped. Doesn't necessarily means its shipped it means shipping label has been printed out for your order. My sample kit took nearly 4 weeks to arrive. So if you need to try minerals or need to stock up best to order earlyand don't expect it to come in soon. I'm in Canada so that may be the shipping issue but this was way too long!! I will continue using EDM but from now on just sticking on for their sample kits the custom/bigger kits will take forever and i don'tlike being smacked with custom fees on top!!

Well I got my order in under a week with standard USPS first class shipping...can't complain. It seemed to have shipped out on time too.

It's a shame others have had such problems. I hope it has mainly been due to their new website launch & things will start to go more smoothly, but that's still no excuse for any poor CS treatment.

addie, start to finish ingredients on the pot are kaolin clay, mica and iron oxides and for the rice one, organic rice powder, mica and iron oxides. does that help or were you looking for more info?

Thanks! That's what I'm looking for. :) I asked them a couple other questions, too, but that was the important one.

Edit: They answered, but said they didn't have the official ingredients list, just that it involves kaolin and mica.

I might be wrong, but aren't they required--by law--to provide a complete and accurate list of their ingredients to the consumer?

I might be wrong, but aren't they required--by law--to provide a complete and accurate list of their ingredients to the consumer?

Yes they are....their old site had a list of the ingredients for every product. This seems to be another casualty of the new & not-so-improved website, and the decline in their CS. Hopefully they remedy that soon....cuz I admit I am quite pleased with my most recent order.

I notice that many cosmetics companies make it hard to find their ingredients online, only featuring it on the package so you won't see it til you've ordered it. Or some will even sell their product with no ingredients listed on the package, but the store will have tiny booklets or sheets of paper tucked onto the display if you are smart enough to grab one (Rimmel has been guilty of this). Sneaky ways to keep their ingredients a mystery!

I think, by law, it has to be on the package, but they don't have to tell you. I haven't seen that display thing, but that just sounds annoying and shady. Yeah, I expected the ingredients of the Start-to-Finish to be on the site, like old products used to be. I really liked that.

So, after spending two months searching for new makeup, I've decided to stay with EM since there isn't a lot of options out there for a person with my skin tone. I won't be able to afford paying "reasonable" prices to play around with samples back and forth, especially with the nature of shipping at the moment, and my skin is almost smooth and I don't want to wreck it by introducing new makeup. *sigh :confused: *

Anyway, I thought this was a little funny:

Ladies, Noah emailed today concerning my question on last week's orders being somewhat delayed for some. All orders that were waiting for the "new" products went out today. Contrary to what I had posted previously (I presumed and didn't ask Embarrassed) there was an overwhelming amount of orders for the new products_more than was expected_and so the orders were waiting for those specific items in order to be packed and shipped. Normally, there is a process that's followed. In this case, it was decided to wait since it did have to do with the desirability of the new products. Had I asked, many of you would have had an answer before now. It is expected that it is I who will ask and post matters such as this and I didn't follow through_My apology :' Your order is coming to you! Let me know via Personal Message if I can help you with anything.( lisa