Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jolian

Leaving Everyday Minerals?

Yes, it seems one of their best CS reps is no longer with EM, her name was Kaye excellent emails and communication. I have been trying to get information for my sample kit for 3 weeks now and the CS rep "Melissa" told me to find it out myself with the USPS and to report to them once i find out whats happening so they can send me a replacement. I was completely furious when I got this email and told her to send me a replacement I do not want to go thru all the hassle and since then no replies or emails from them back.

Yeah, since when are we supposed to do THEIR job and find out about missing packages? If USPS is losing hundreds and hundreds of their orders, wouldn't EDM be doing something serious about going after USPS? They aren't because they aren't sending the orders out in the first place. They give people bogus tracking numbers, because you can get a USPS tracking number without having actually sent the package.

Oh man they make me so mad! Let me know how it goes!

If USPS is losing hundreds and hundreds of their orders, wouldn't EDM be doing something serious about going after USPS? They aren't because they aren't sending the orders out in the first place. They give people bogus tracking numbers, because you can get a USPS tracking number without having actually sent the package.

Good point, although I tend not to bother tracking USPS packages. I had ordered a package from a different company, and was given a USPS tracking number that was basically useless as all it told me was that it was in delivery.

Anyway, I've been tracking the administrative responses on EM's forums and I have a sneaking suspicion that someone from EM has been paying attention to what's been said here. I'm not quite sure if this is correct or if it's just some form of egotistic delusion.

As for this Lisa person, I think she's an improvement--although that doesn't say much considering they haven't resolved their CS issues yet. I find it funny that they're willing to assign a worker to man the Trivia Fun section from 9 to 4 CST but won't get someone to do the chat helpline :rolleyes: . Of course, it's not really their fault.

Anyway, I've been tracking the administrative responses on EM's forums and I have a sneaking suspicion that someone from EM has been paying attention to what's been said here. I'm not quite sure if this is correct or if it's just some form of egotistic delusion.

I hope they are! (so long as they change their ways)

I'm scared to order things from there now especially since I'm on a strict budget. I don't wanna spend my money, that I often need to get other things with, on something that will take a month to get here or however long it's been taking some orders...blah

I, too, have a suspicion that they are watching this thread too. But I think they SHOULD because they can see (without being able to moderate) the problems and maybe, just maybe, someone from there will get a clue as to who is messing up over there.

It's too bad, cuz like was said before, they used to have AWESOME CS. I hope they go back.

by the way, anyone miss their old website??? I sure do!!!

I hope they are watching this thread - none of it's going anywhere.

I've been following the customer service issues there since the beginning of this - watched posts, then pages disappear. Watched the lies coming from them, all the rest of their customers are led to believe that the problems lie within the customer - not the poor customer service.

USPS has an outstanding track record - I won't ship with anyone else. Though their online tracking tools are crap - there tracking numbers designate origin and destination. If you believe you have received a false tracking number - call the post office (1-800-ask-usps) and have them tell you the origin and destination zips. Have them email it - take a screen shot - host it - post it. Make these people accountable for their actions (or is it inaction?)

I'll be continuing to watch the progress of this thread - and make sure it remains fully intact.

You may want to consider posting your experiences at makeupalley.com as well.

Good luck!

I have never had EDM lie to me. Sometimes they are rude but sometimes they are very helpful. They say do you have any further questions? If so, feel free to contact us. I also made a mistake with my most recent order and they fixed it.

I have never had EDM lie to me. Sometimes they are rude but sometimes they are very helpful. They say do you have any further questions? If so, feel free to contact us. I also made a mistake with my most recent order and they fixed it.

I never did either, until this last order. I was one of several hundred that never received their packages, nor had any response to repeated inquiries...until I posted on the forum. It flat out was never shipped. You can make a label for USPS, and get a tracking number, even if you never get the package sent off. That is obviously what happened. When I asked them for the actual date it shipped out, they finally said, without EVER giving the date, they were "reshipping" the order. Then I got banned because she said I should never have asked for my shipping date out in public on the forum.

I am telling my story so that something will prompt management (or owner) to get rid of their bad CS, so we can all start ordering with confidence again. Hundreds of people can't be wrong or coincidental. Or USPS' fault.

If USPS is losing hundreds and hundreds of their orders, wouldn't EDM be doing something serious about going after USPS? They aren't because they aren't sending the orders out in the first place. They give people bogus tracking numbers, because you can get a USPS tracking number without having actually sent the package.

Good point, although I tend not to bother tracking USPS packages. I had ordered a package from a different company, and was given a USPS tracking number that was basically useless as all it told me was that it was in delivery.

As for this Lisa person, I think she's an improvement--although that doesn't say much considering they haven't resolved their CS issues yet. I find it funny that they're willing to assign a worker to man the Trivia Fun section from 9 to 4 CST but won't get someone to do the chat helpline :rolleyes: . Of course, it's not really their fault.

I don't track USPS numbers either, as they are useless. I think tracking numbers make people feel safe, but in the case of USPS, it means nothing, because you can get a tracking number for a package that you end up never sending.

I totally hear ya on the Trivia Fun/Chat Helpline issue. Why in the world are they bothering to do all this stuff that means nothing because their CS sucks? It just takes even more credit from them.

I hope they are watching this thread - none of it's going anywhere.

I've been following the customer service issues there since the beginning of this - watched posts, then pages disappear. Watched the lies coming from them, all the rest of their customers are led to believe that the problems lie within the customer - not the poor customer service.

USPS has an outstanding track record - I won't ship with anyone else. Though their online tracking tools are crap - there tracking numbers designate origin and destination. If you believe you have received a false tracking number - call the post office (1-800-ask-usps) and have them tell you the origin and destination zips. Have them email it - take a screen shot - host it - post it. Make these people accountable for their actions (or is it inaction?)

I'll be continuing to watch the progress of this thread - and make sure it remains fully intact.

You may want to consider posting your experiences at makeupalley.com as well.

Good luck!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! See, I'm not crazy!!! They have been deleting posts left and right, and I've seen it so many times, yet so many on their insist it isn't happening, or that anyone is being blocked. Thank you for leaving this intact! Maybe they'll begin to change and go back to their old CS ways. Let's hope!!!

EDM might not have lied to you (they've not lied to me either [yet]), but they have lied to other people. That is, from what I've read I believe that they are and have lied about deleting posts by "accident."

I'm scared to order things from there now especially since I'm on a strict budget. I don't wanna spend my money, that I often need to get other things with, on something that will take a month to get here or however long it's been taking some orders...blah

Right now I think it's safe to order the sample kit if you live in the US. After someone had noticed that their shipping costs were less than it was before the shipping debacle, I found that my shipping costs had been reduced by almost a dollar. If you order a sample kit, EM isn't really making any money from you, so I would order away :angel: . It's not very ethical but I think it's a fair deal considering it's zero profit versus having $3-5 dollars being lost and having a hell of a time trying to find out what happened.

Seriously, what the heck is going on over there? Maybe one of the employees snapped and demanded to get on the chatline? Arg. Though I like all the free stuff they're giving away, they really should put that sort of manpower elsewhere.

Kind of funny and sad that they have someone manning the trivia chat while there's practically like no one on the online help chat thing and shipping/order issues. Pretty much ridiculous Yay for having the trivia and free products and all but customer support should be #1!!

I just received another order and I still havent experienced problems.

That must mean that everyone in this thread is lying. Kudos to you for exposing them!!

I'll knock on wood for your sake. You never know... one of the EM people might be reading the above and think you were asking for trouble, lol :lol: ! Just kidding.

I've had mixed results lately. The first order I placed after the new site was not packaged well. Minerals were everywhere. I emailed CS and never received a response. I didn't pursue it.

My second order, for whatever reason EDM never took the payment from my Paypal account. I resubmitted my payment directly to EDM. I then found out like ... literally, half an hour later, that my checkbook with all my debit and credit cards had been stolen, so I emailed EDM and asked them to cancel my payment, and told them I would resubmit my payment as soon as I had my accounts sorted out. Instead of refusing the payment, they canceled my order. I had to reorder and remind them to refund my previous payment. When they sent out the order, the lip gloss I had ordered was discontinued. They replaced it with two other lip glosses. Problem is, the two they replaced it with were not ones I liked. So I emailed again and informed them I did not like that they had made a change to my order without asking me, and said I would have selected a different color or just asked for a refund on the lip gloss. They told me to pick a new color and keep the replacement lip glosses too.

So, mixed bag for me. I think that Carina especially can get very confrontational and rude with the customers, and that's not right. They also need to make some changes to their CS. But for those of you who are leaving/have left EDM, I hope you at least make Carina et all aware that you are leaving and why.

That must mean that everyone in this thread is lying. Kudos to you for exposing them!!

The ironic thing is that we all know if Molly *did* experience a problem she would probably throw the biggest fit of all.

But for those of you who are leaving/have left EDM, I hope you at least make Carina et all aware that you are leaving and why.

I certainly did tell them that they had lost a customer after my issue but they did not seem to care a whit.

I think that Carina especially can get very confrontational and rude with the customers, and that's not right. They also need to make some changes to their CS. But for those of you who are leaving/have left EDM, I hope you at least make Carina et all aware that you are leaving and why.

Does anyone wonder if "Lisa" from CS and Carina are one and the same?????

I thought I was the only one :) . Sometimes, I do think they're the same people since Lisa will sometimes write and use words in a very similar way to Carina. Other times you can definitely see a difference. I've also noticed that Lisa will answer questions on the weekends and at off-business hours (like 1 AM CST). I'm not sure if she's getting overtime, and if she's not, she's either extremely dedicated or is Carina herself.

I just received another order and I still haven't experienced problems.

Fantastic for you.

Yes it is mwahahaha

The ironic thing is that we all know if Molly *did* experience a problem she would probably throw the biggest fit of all.

That was totally uncalled for Lutya

But for those of you who are leaving/have left EDM, I hope you at least make Carina et all aware that you are leaving and why.

I certainly did tell them that they had lost a customer after my issue but they did not seem to care a whit.

I think that Carina especially can get very confrontational and rude with the customers, and that's not right. They also need to make some changes to their CS. But for those of you who are leaving/have left EDM, I hope you at least make Carina et all aware that you are leaving and why.

I haven't seen enough of Lisa's posts to really make an opinion on this, but she does insert a lot of 'Carinaisms.'

my order went fine O_O

except their online customer service really sucked since I kept waiting for it and no one ever responded

( was trying to figure if it has spf since it has zinc something-something in it)

my order went fine O_O

except their online customer service really sucked since I kept waiting for it and no one ever responded

( was trying to figure if it has spf since it has zinc something-something in it)

No, it doesnt have SPF in it but if you ever need to contact their customer service e-mail [email protected]