Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D n

Weird skin

My skin is so stubborn. Now that it's finally clean except for the scars left from the brutal sport(s) I enjoy playing, I want to try and tan it. My skin can tan easily, so it's not a problem. I just do my daily exercise outside now, and ride a real bike instead of the indoors version + I do other things as substitutes for the gym. I've been getting the "native american"-like skin color, and it looks pretty good on me. But the problem is - every time I spend more than 30 minutes inside salty water - I lose it! And the scars suddenly look greater - it takes nearly 20 hours for me to look almost normal again, and at least 48 to regain the full color.

Why does this happen? How can I prevent it?

Salty water--you mean the ocean? I think your scars look worse when they're exposed to "salty water" because salt becomes a skin irritant after a long time. Water temperature might have something to do with it, as well. If I'm in warm water for 10 minutes, my scars look more pigmented because my body's trying to cool me down. HTH