Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Danny©

You DO need water

Lately I have been reading how the drinking of 1-2 liters of water a day is a myth.

Many have been saying there's no evidence you need that much water or even said that as long as you eat enough food you get all the liquids you need without ever drinking water. At the same time many have claimed that water helps them. Models claim that drinking lot of water is what their skin so good, certain writers have sad that drinking enough water fight tiredness and even certain diseases.

But the detractors said, the X glasses of water day is nothing but a meaningless myth, we don't need to drink water and water doesn't do anything.

Yesterday I wasn't feeling good.

It's like as if my body was retaining heat and I felt very tired and almost like fainting.

So I went to the E.R and there I was told that I was deeply dehydrated and they gave me a lot of phlebos of physiologic liquid. In the evening after so many phlebos I felt better again, I had more energy, didn't feel neither cold or hot and I swear my skin and hair were better too.

The doctor told me to eat at least 3 liters of water a day and don't believe the nonsense.

In fact I had stopped drinking as much as I used to in order to give the theory that we don't need water a chance. But I didn't stop drinking, I just drank less ... like 3-4 glasses a day or even a liter a day. And yet it was enough for a trip to the E.R.

I don't care what disbelievers say about we not needing much water, I now know that the more we drink the better (as long as we don't drink water to death) and I will drop my skepticism about "water as a cure" books and their authors claims.

Lately I have been reading how the drinking of 1-2 liters of water a day is a myth.

Many have been saying there's no evidence you need that much water or even said that as long as you eat enough food you get all the liquids you need without ever drinking water. At the same time many have claimed that water helps them. Models claim that drinking lot of water is what their skin so good, certain writers have sad that drinking enough water fight tiredness and even certain diseases.

But the detractors said, the X glasses of water day is nothing but a meaningless myth, we don't need to drink water and water doesn't do anything.

It's like as if my body was retaining heat and I felt very tired and almost like fainting.

So I went to the E.R and there I was told that I was deeply dehydrated and they gave me a lot of phlebos of physiologic liquid. In the evening after so many phlebos I felt better again, I had more energy, didn't feel neither cold or hot and I swear my skin and hair were better too.

The doctor told me to eat at least 3 liters of water a day and don't believe the nonsense.

In fact I had stopped drinking as much as I used to in order to give the theory that we don't need water a chance. But I didn't stop drinking, I just drank less ... like 3-4 glasses a day or even a liter a day. And yet it was enough for a trip to the E.R.

I don't care what disbelievers say about we not needing much water, I now know that the more we drink the better (as long as we don't drink water to death) and I will drop my skepticism about "water as a cure" books and their authors claims.

i agree. my skin has *never* been better than it was after i was hospitalized and given lots and lots and lots of fluids via IV for 24 hours. overall, it was a horrible experience, but i did notice that my skin was absolutely glowing and pristine for a few days after leaving the hospital. i actually couldn't believe it was my face.

i agree. my skin has *never* been better than it was after i was hospitalized and given lots and lots and lots of fluids via IV for 24 hours. overall, it was a horrible experience, but i did notice that my skin was absolutely glowing and pristine for a few days after leaving the hospital. i actually couldn't believe it was my face.

Exactly the same experience.

I got fluid for 24 hours and when I looked at the mirror in the bathroom of my hospital room I could see my whole face glowing. It looked less tired, the cheeks looked fullers, the eyes were incredibly brilliant and the skin complexion was a lot better. Even the hair looked more maisturized and soft.

I don't care what they say, from now on I will drink a lot of liters of water everyday.

How much water would you people say to drink to get the benefits of glowing skin? I heard a good rule of thumb is to drink half your weight in fluid ounces/day. I am thinking of upping that to 3/4 my body weight in fluid ounces. Any thoughts?

Wow I am surprised you went to ER. Your one of the most healthiest people I know :cool:

I am happy that your doing better now :D

3 liters of water a day? wow thats alot. I always have problems drinking alot of water coz I pee so dam much. LOL

Is it bad if I drink alot of Tea? It was either that or Dr.Pepper so....I was trying to cut back on my soda intake and it worked im not drinking it hardly at all now but I subsituted it for Tea.... :rolleyes:

WOW! I had the same experience as Danny and Albertine!! I was put on an IV and I noticed that when i was taken off of it all of face and back acne disappeared!!!!

I do try to drink more than 1 liter of water a day, the problem is.. I go to the washroom pee constantly, it's like my body doesn't retain so much water.. so running to the washroom every 1 to 2 hours is a bit annoying?

anyone?

Tea is diuretic.

Water is the best way to hydrate your body.

Only barely, though--a cup of tea, adjusted for the diruetic effect, is like drinking .75 cups of water. If you drink a lot of tea, then you should definitely count it towards your daily fluid intake.

I agree that we do need water outside of the foods we eat; but I also think that the 8 cups per day thing is a lie. It's summertime right now, and I exercise a lot and I try to get some natural sunlight every day; so I easily drink 3-4 liters of water a day. But in fall or winter or even spring, I can oftentimes do just fine on just a single liter per day.

I think you should just listen to your body when it comes to water. If you're literally having to force water down your throat just to meet a daily goal, then the extra water isn't doing a thing for you.

Tea is diuretic.

Water is the best way to hydrate your body.

Only barely, though--a cup of tea, adjusted for the diruetic effect, is like drinking .75 cups of water. If you drink a lot of tea, then you should definitely count it towards your daily fluid intake.

I agree that we do need water outside of the foods we eat; but I also think that the 8 cups per day thing is a lie. It's summertime right now, and I exercise a lot and I try to get some natural sunlight every day; so I easily drink 3-4 liters of water a day. But in fall or winter or even spring, I can oftentimes do just fine on just a single liter per day.

I think you should just listen to your body when it comes to water. If you're literally having to force water down your throat just to meet a daily goal, then the extra water isn't doing a thing for you.

one the worst things you could do, is to wait for your body to give you signals that you are deprived of water. you should always keep hydrated during the day especially in the summer.

you have to replenish the liquids you lost during exercising

This time my body wasn't telling me I was thirsty and the least thing I thought is that I was dehydrated because after all I was drinking. So I think this time I should have literally forced myself to drink to avoid the hospitalization.

This time my body wasn't telling me I was thirsty and the least thing I thought is that I was dehydrated because after all I was drinking. So I think this time I should have literally forced myself to drink to avoid the hospitalization.

Maybe you got dehydrated because you over exercised. I know you exercise alot and so that demands alot of water since your loosing alot of it through sweat. Plus the summer time you sweat out more. so I think the combination of lots of exercise and hot weather made you dehydrated. :think:

Maybe you got dehydrated because you over exercised. I know you exercise alot and so that demands alot of water since your loosing alot of it through sweat. Plus the summer time you sweat out more. so I think the combination of lots of exercise and hot weather made you dehydrated. :think:

That's probably true but the point is that I felt no thirst signal otherwise I would have drank enough water to soothe my thirst. So I guess the concept of drinking a lot no matter how thirsty you are is correct and that debunking the need to drink by claiming we get enough fluid from foods is wrong.

That's probably true but the point is that I felt no thirst signal otherwise I would have drank enough water to soothe my thirst. So I guess the concept of drinking a lot no matter how thirsty you are is correct and that debunking the need to drink by claiming we get enough fluid from foods is wrong.

Purified water and a small amount of sodium cloride

Considering most of my diet consists of fresh fruits and vegetables, I get plenty and plenty of water!

Thanks for the post Danny.

Considering most of my diet consists of fresh fruits and vegetables, I get plenty and plenty of water!

I eat around 2 pounds of veggies a day and almost a pound of fruits.

But the concept that all the water in them was enough for my body proved wrong with me.

Even the addition of almost liter of water plus the water in the kilo of veggies wasn't enough to prevent dehydration. I needed to drink more from pure water alone.

I drink alot of redbush (rooibos) tea, it claims to be as hydrating as water. Would this be enough, or would you recommend just drinking water?

I drink about a gallon of bottled water(in those 2.5 gal fridge containers). I feel alot better. But now when I don't drink alot of water I get headaches.

What exactly are in these IV's? Just water?

Anyone?

Half normal saline or normal saline, sterile. Half normal saline is 0.45% saline in purified, sterile water. Normal saline is 0.9% saline solution.

Pure water is rarely given as the osmotic pressure could damage the blood cells. D5W (dextrose 5% in sterile water) is sometimes given as part of parenteral nutrition, and pure D50 is given to someone in low blood sugar crisis with effect within usually 20 seconds.

PS: IVs are not something to mess about with at home. One puts oneself at risk of sepsis...inserting an IV is far better done by an experienced medical person.

You just need to drink sufficient quantities of water for hydration; do not drink it to excess either as that can cause cerebral edema...and death. That would take a LOT of water and the effects are due mostly to the electrolyte imbalance caused by excessive water consumption that the kidneys are not equipped to handle.

What exactly are in these IV's? Just water?

Anyone?

I don't know exactly but i know its not just water... it usually depends on what you need it for... they usually put everything you need to survive in them and things that can help u hydrate better.

Btw i totally agree with this post, the key is to not let your self get thirsty.

I thry to drink more than 2 liters a day... i should probably drink more given where I live.

haha wait you're saying you went to the ER because you were only drinking 3-4 glasses of water a day? people can survive off a lot less than that for their entire life. there is something else wrong with you.

of course it's unhealthy do not hydrate by drinking water, but your 'evidence' is just nonsense.