Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

anyone have any luck with this stuff? i can't afford any type of surgical procedures so i'm trying to work with what else there is.

Not sure about mederma (I bought it but never used it - I don't believe it's non-comedogenic, and I don't get the dermatological theory/science behind its main ingredient (onion extract) and its supposed effects on the skin). But I hear the product works for some people.

EDIT: Here's what I'd consider a decent scientific take on Mederma: http://dermatology.about.com/od/skincarepr...dermaReview.htm

As for Vitamin E, I found the following helpful:

http://www.healthcentral.com/peoplespharmacy/408/61224.html

damn. doesn't look good. all i want is a cream or ointment or something that will diminish or eliminate scars entirely. why is that so much to ask for?

thanks though.

I have used mederma. It did not give me any results.

Long term use of retin-A helped a little.

I used mederma for 6 months with no results. I agree retin-A will help with long term use.

My regimen has been working. ACV will help speed the process along. Two other very helpful things to do - colonics, and liver flush, your body will repair itself once you remove toxins. I wish I would have done this a long time along. I just started my treatments and could begin to see my skin clearing & healing. Do your research it pays off.

I welcome any questions.

mederma=fail no one here has had a positive result with that stuff, including me. vit e is a waste as far as I know also. apple cider vinegar, retin a have had some good reports.

Vit E combined with Vit C and A is decent in my opinion. The C helps penetrate vit E. E alone just sits on your skin.

I have heard so much abot ACV too. What brand to useÉ Is it really goodÉ

BTW, all the published medical literature I have read says that colonic irrigation is NOT good for the body and does not get rid of th toxins etc.. Just use a high fibre diet of fruits and vegetables and you can get the benefits for sure. Eat them raw and eat a variety. Eat healthy.

just get any brand of apple cider vinegar and make sure it is not real old. i apply it 3 times at a shot, let each application dry, only takes a few minutes, and then apply another.

start with just one for first time tho. makes me noticably red after. seems to help complexion aside from scars.

mederma does work but it works best on fresh scars or sores, i used it right after surgery and had great results, i am now using it on my face around my eye area, it has silicone in it , that is what the base is. it keeps the site moist for healing. it was recommended to me by my plastic surgeon,

mederma does work but it works best on fresh scars or sores, i used it right after surgery and had great results, i am now using it on my face around my eye area, it has silicone in it , that is what the base is. it keeps the site moist for healing. it was recommended to me by my plastic surgeon,

Mederma does not have "silicone" in it: http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...2827#ingredient

If Mederma's biological/biochemical basis is supposed to be keeping the scar site moist (rather than some sort of dertmatological magic involving its onion extract ingredient), then it's no wonder why petroleum jelly can produce identical results.

For the moment, I'll ignore why you think keeping scar sites moist helps somehow transform them into flawless skin. I agree, however, that moisture helps the body heal open or scabbed wounds.