Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heymikey

sunblock for oily acne-prone skin?

Do you guys know any sunscreen/sunblock that will not cause acne breakouts?

I am thinking about buying that Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Dry Touch sunblock. Has anybody tried this? Does it make you break out?

If a product is oil-free and claims to be non-comedogenic and is made by a large manufacturer, you should be okay. They'd have too much to lose if they claimed it to be non-comedogenic and it was. Also, all of the moisturizers I recommend have spf 15.

Guest Tracy

Two GREAT sunblocks.....that dry matte and do not cause breakouts (and I have extremely breakout-prone skin):

Nature's Gate Dry Sportblock SPF 30

Total Block Clear SPF 65

Do you guys know any sunscreen/sunblock that will not cause acne breakouts?

I am thinking about buying that Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Dry Touch sunblock.  Has anybody tried this?  Does it make you break out?

is a good one for the price. I did not use it long enough but from trying three times feels like you have nothing on it. silica in it so dries out quickly. Best for oily skin, too flaky for dry skin. But i feels is still not strong enough if you work outdoors or go to the beach. Good for everday use to go to work,shop,etc

Guest Tracy
Two GREAT sunblocks.....that dry matte and do not cause breakouts (and I have extremely breakout-prone skin):

Nature's Gate Dry Sportblock SPF 30  

Total Block Clear SPF 65

Hey tracey smile.gif

Do you use one on your face and the other on your body?

I was using the Ultra SheerDry Block for a while until I found something better which was DDF Matte Finish SPF30. THe Ultra Sheer Dry Block did not make me breakout but it did leave my face greasy looking. I used it for a while because I needed a sunscreen. I will not go outside without it.

But I love DDF's sunscreen. biggrin.gif/ I have oily acne prone skin. This sunscreen does NOT make me break out and leaves a nice matte finish. I just came across this product a week ago.

Guest Tracy
hey tracey, where do you get Total Block Clear SPF 65? do you get it online?