Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wow im on my 3rd week of Sotret (Accutane) and im really depressed and hopeless... my skin is looking pretty bad....my scars are like pink ishh and my acne marks does not help either. i hate acne

soo much.....well then again who doesnt? i should be out with my friends partying and having a good time like a regular teen.. but im here at home depressed and pissed..i hate myself and everything about me... i hope this accutane starts working real soon...

Dude, tane is some powerful shit, me and my friend had the worst kind of acne and saved us both. Mine took about a month to start working, but everyone is different. My doctor said that he hasn't had a patient to go on tane more than two times. SO you may have to go on it again, but after the 2nd you should be more than good. But believe me, be patient.

Dude, tane is some powerful shit, me and my friend had the worst kind of acne and saved us both. Mine took about a month to start working, but everyone is different. My doctor said that he hasn't had a patient to go on tane more than two times. SO you may have to go on it again, but after the 2nd you should be more than good. But believe me, be patient.

how bad was your acne when you had to go on tane?

Wow im on my 3rd week of Sotret (Accutane) and im really depressed and hopeless... my skin is looking pretty bad....my scars are like pink ishh and my acne marks does not help either. i hate acne

soo much.....well then again who doesnt? i should be out with my friends partying and having a good time like a regular teen.. but im here at home depressed and pissed..i hate myself and everything about me... i hope this accutane starts working real soon...

elchileno11,

Accutane should work for you but sometimes it takes awhile to see the progress and its very common for your face to get worse before it gets better.

i took accutane several years ago b/c i had pretty bad cystic acne and it took 4 months before i saw any improvement. I was so depressed, thinking i was one of those few people that accutane didn't work for, then in the last month of my treatment, it cleared up 100%. I was lucky in that I never needed a second treatment.

Don't be too down on yourself though. Just stick with it and it will work out for you. Even if you need a second treatment later on down the road, it DOES work.

I had everything from zits, to cysts to a couple nodules. I'm left with moderate scarring which I'm currently treating with fraxel laser. You honestly should be celebrating, because just going on tane is great because so many people wuss out and think that the risks outweigh the benefits (which is bullshit), you've taken the most important step and that is actually gathering the balls to sign the consent form and swallow the first pill. The rest will workout on it's own.

bro, I'm in your boat.

Exactly a year from this date my acne started EXPLODING into cystic and it was very severe (before this it had been maneagable). I'm not sure what made it get so bad, it was probably a few decisions I made, and a dirty music festival, and then I decided to use some pretty icky (strong) cleansers. Anyways, I got on accutane, and after about 2 months I started to clear up. Now, my acne is definetely calmed down, besides a few maneagable pimples here and there.

Now I am just left with red marks and a couple small scars, but keep your hopes up! You're on the strongest shit there is and soon enough you will be partying with your friends like you should be.