Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
One_Love

Which one do you perfer, Fish Oil or Flax Seed?

26 members have voted

1. 1. Fish Oil or Flax Seed?

• Fish Oil
    • Flax Seed

I used Fish Oil a few times and have done research on it. Flax seed is the only way to go because fish oil is contaminated, it contains so much mercury... If your hair is falling out, you have nose bleeds, or when you stand up sometimes and it turns black, its most likely the fish oil...STOP drinking the stuff its doing more HARM THEN GOOD. Research mercury and read for yourself how it destroys your brain. Even the smallest amount of mercury is harmful.

I used Fish Oil a few times and have done research on it. Flax seed is the only way to go because fish oil is contaminated, it contains so much mercury... If your hair is falling out, you have nose bleeds, or when you stand up sometimes and it turns black, its most likely the fish oil...STOP drinking the stuff its doing more HARM THEN GOOD. Research mercury and read for yourself how it destroys your brain. Even the smallest amount of mercury is harmful.

the fish oil i buy has no Mercury...

^^ , but i think is giving me break out.. Not sureeeeeeeeeeeee

might try something else with omega 3 , prolly Flax seed.

saw organic Flax seed oil. will try it

Haha um I use a purified molecularly distilled fish oil... free of all impurities including mercury... sooo ummm yeah I use fish oil haha. They DO have the technology to do that haha.

None of them. The only omega 3 supplement I would take is a small amount (1/2 tsp) of cod liver oil. Mostly for the vitamins and not the omega 3. But I get plenty of fat soluble vitamins from my diet so I don't supplement at all right now.

I have come to lean more towards the ideas of Ray Peat. That PUFAS should be avoided altogheter except the small amounts found naturally in animal fats and tropical oils such as coconut and macademia.

Read Ray Peat's article "The Great Fish Oil Experiment" about the negative effects of fish oil supplementation.

I use both. Look them up on google and you will see they are some of the best supplements you can take. As a bodybuilder that uses a lot of stuff, I use a couple pills of each of these daily. Mainly for cholesterol and heart function. I want to be big, but I want to stay alive too hehe!

I'm a muscle monster baby!!! :dance:

molecularly distilled fish oil is free of mercury so make sure it says that on the label. Sorry if I went a little far and scared some people.

Fish oil is far superior to flax.

While flax seed contains alpha-linolenic acid, fish oil contains eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid. These two omega 3 fatty acids are the most researched and are the subject of most of the studies regarding heart and mind health. Contrary to flax seed, fish oil does not contain significant amounts of the detrimental omega 6 acids

why would people think cod liver oil dont have mercury D:

If a fish has mercury in it..then its whole body will have it too

that's y u buy a good brand of fish oil haha

Im going to add flax seed in my breakfast and see what it does O_O

( went to trader joe and saw a bag of ground flax seed powder...not that I've ever read/searched about it...but it seems very attractive from the label haha..omega 3..and protein o.O)

i eat cereal with flax seed in it and eat alot of fish + some fish oil when I dont.

None of them. The only omega 3 supplement I would take is a small amount (1/2 tsp) of cod liver oil. Mostly for the vitamins and not the omega 3. But I get plenty of fat soluble vitamins from my diet so I don't supplement at all right now.

I have come to lean more towards the ideas of Ray Peat. That PUFAS should be avoided altogheter except the small amounts found naturally in animal fats and tropical oils such as coconut and macademia.

Read Ray Peat's article "The Great Fish Oil Experiment" about the negative effects of fish oil supplementation.

Ive used flax oil for years.

Ive read this (good read).

I agree that poping lots of fish oil is actually bad for your health. Im a firm fan of fish/flax oils but if you dont read how to use them then youll be doing alot of bad.

I mean people are going to leaps and bounds buying 'Fresh fish oil' thats not rancid. You have to take a look at once you put it into your mouth its going into an oven, most of it will become rancid (free radicals) by the time it hits the blood stream creating free radicals.

Measures need to be taken when using any oils. Light, heat and oxygen will break the chains of the oil thus making them free radicals. This rule is the same inside the body as much as outside (i.e. how you keep, store or buy good quality oils).

Basically when you increase fragile oils (omega3,6,9) you need to protect them or they will become a free radical (they will scavage the body for oxygen). Really if you read the link from Glennart your giving the oils a 'buffer'. By taking extra saturated fats (butter, eggs, coconut oils, animal fats etc) and vitamins (namely Vit E. Selenium) you are buffering the fish oils...meaning instead of damaging your body, arterys and organs they will eat away at the extra fats and vitamins (Anitoxidents). If you dont take this extra insurance while taking omegas youll find long term your just choosing the lesser of 2 evils. Like the link says in 15-20 years this will come to light. Please if you use omegas in large ammounts to help acne read this and re-read it and get it into you mind how the body works with oils. I dont want to sound like I know everything (im always learning) but this is sage advice everyone needs to understand when using fragile omegas long term.