Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gamble

Thoughts on DAILY use of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunblock

I went to the store today to buy some Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunblock but after checking the package and tried some in the store I felt it wasn't good for daily use for acne. So I decided to go with La Roche Posay Daily Moisturizing Cream w/ spf 15 for daily use and I will use the neutrogena sunblock when I expect to be out in the sun for an extended period of time.

I was wondering what you people thought on my decision. Does anyone else do this? How does the neutrogena sunblock feel for everyday use? Light, doesn't break out your acne?

Thanks

I went to the store today to buy some Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunblock but after checking the package and tried some in the store I felt it wasn't good for daily use for acne. So I decided to go with La Roche Posay Daily Moisturizing Cream w/ spf 15 for daily use and I will use the neutrogena sunblock when I expect to be out in the sun for an extended period of time.

I was wondering what you people thought on my decision. Does anyone else do this? How does the neutrogena sunblock feel for everyday use? Light, doesn't break out your acne?

Thanks

I just bought the neutrogena one in SPF 55 to go on vacation with. I'll let you know how it goes, however I only plan on using it on my body.

The Neutrogena Dry Touch spf 30 isn't photostable. I'm comfortable with it for days I'm mostly indoors, but typically if I'll be in the sun for longer periods, I use the Dry Touch spf 55, which is stable. I clog really easily from products, and neither has broken me out. As for feel on the skin, I prefer the 30, I don't love how it feels when I'm applying it, but it does dry to a nice light, matte finish.

For the past week, though, I've been using Shiseido spf 55 cream. It's pricey, but I LOVE it. I will definitely be buying the full size when I use up my sample. I'll keep using the Neutrogena Dry Touch 55 on my body when needed.

I think La Roche-Posay will break you out too, at least if you bought the one in US. Both contains Avobenzone, which is probably the cause of the breakout. But you never know until trying it. If you bought the ones sold outside US, it would be probably fine.

Personally, I find really difficult to use the Ultrasheer products because I'm already using silicone-based moisturiser and they mixed lots of silica in their sunblocks. The horrible balling-up-on-face drives me insane every morning!

Thanks for your responses. I probably will buy the Neutrogena for when I go out to the beach or in the sun for a while. I'll definately try out the shiseido product once I roll in the dough. They're products are great just a bit expensive at the moment.

I did buy the La Roche in the US at the local drugstore. I tried it out today for the first time and it goes on thick and greasy since its a cream and not a lotion but after a few minutes it felt almost normal. I hope the product doesn't break me out cause they're ain't too many products out there thats reasonable priced. Hows the sunblock in your signature? $$$?

Thanks for your response. I have been using La Roche for about a week and no break outs yet. I will continue to use La Roche daily and will apply Neutrogena if I'm out in the sun for a while. anymore thoughts or other products to try please let us know.

Check out blue lizard sunscreen, it provides the same amount of sun protection for me as the neutrogena ultra sheer dry touch spf 55 but it doesn't casue irratation and drys clear. It is a little drying though.