Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bryan.

Shaving helps acne...?

I started shaving like every day now, and my brown marks, and little bumps started to get smaller for some reason, or maybe it's because i been using GC too? hmm.. anyone else had any experience with shaving and acne?

When u have acne i dont recommend shaving a lot, shaving cuts the acne off meaning you have a bigger risk of ending up with scars.

When I have outbreaks I usually don't shave, and when it's really time to shave I do it very gentle and controlled so i dont shave over the acne areas.

no not me, shaving definitely worsens my acne especially on the chin, but thats just me

Yup I breakout on my chin usually when I shave, nowhere else...Nothing serious but I almost always get 1 or 2 pimples every time I shave there, luckily my facial hair grows in rather slow even at 21, just my genetics.. I may switch to a gentle electric shaver or something though.

Shaving too frequently worsens my skin. I guess my face can't cope with the irritation. Nowadays i get shaved twice a week at most, and my skin feels a lot better

For me it's a lose lose situation. If I don't facial ingrowns grow deep into my skin and cause inflamation. If I do these same hairs create razor bumps because I shaved too closely.

So I have to do a lot of tweezing which is just a mess that leaves a lot of scarring. I'm still trying to fix this prob.

I try my hardest to not shave but if I don't my brother calls me a Mexican. (His saying not mine)

It always breaks me out, but it goes away in a few days.

Your brother's a douche.

I had a mustache for a while and as soon as I shaved it off I started getting breakouts in that area and normally that wouldn't happen; however, along my beard line I have really no acne and shaving doesn't irritate it at all. I shave every day or every other, and have for a few years. Your skin should eventually get used to it.

Maybe for those that are getting razor bumps due to irritation could start off using an electric shaver. I wouldn't dream of using anything else with acne...

Usually for me it goes either way. Some spots on my face get irritated, others don't. So on places where my face is clear, suddenly I'll get a breakout due to shaving, and in other places it'll clear up. It's really weird...