Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gamble

Whats a good NIGHT LOTION/CREAM? What ingredients should I look for?

Hi I could use your opinion on this situation, please help.

For reference I am a 25 year old male looking for a lotion/cream I can wear at night to complete my regimen and do what night creams are supposed to do but looking for one that actually works. You can call it anti-aging, collagen renewal, cell renewal, and etc. but I'm looking for something that can help my skin look younger, tighter, brighter, and just plain better than with nothing as I'm getting older.

I have tried Dan's Regimen and it doesn't work for me. I am currently using a simple fash wash from olay, Alpha Hydrox AHA lotion, and neutrogena ultra sheer sunblock. All I need now is a good effective night cream and I should be set for a while. Please help with your experiences and recommendations.

As for ingredients I've just been looking for products with vitamins and extracts but which ones are better than others and which one should I ultimately buy?

Thank you

I use Aveeno Ultra Calming night cream, it really helps soften my skin and gives it a good glow when I wake up in the morning. It's very moisturizing, but doesn't feel greasy and doesn't clog your pores. I don't think it has any kind of anti-aging ingrediants in it though. I know that Aveeno just came out with an anti-aging line, maybe you could try the night cream in that line? From my experience and people I have talk to Aveeno is really good although it is a little more expensive than other creams on the market.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Thank you for your reply. I looked up the Aveeno night cream and it does look good but not exactly what I'm looking for. :)

I am looking for something similar to that product but with some vitamins like A, E, B5 or plant extrants and it would be perfect.

Thank you for your reply. I looked up the Aveeno night cream and it does look good but not exactly what I'm looking for. :)

I am looking for something similar to that product but with some vitamins like A, E, B5 or plant extrants and it would be perfect.

Hm, have you looked into Paula's Choice moisturizers? The Skin Balancing moisture gel has some ingredients you're looking for.. Green Tea extract, Grape seed extract, Vitamin B3 (niacinamide), B5, C, in addition to cell-communicating ingredients and antioxidants. If you need something a little more moisturizing, try the Hydrating Treatment one. Alternatively, try looking into a antioxidant serum which are chock-full of vitamins and antioxidants.

Green Cream - retinol product - helps with acne and aging.

Skincarerx.com - great for looking up stuff like that - and you can email their aesthetician and she can recc some good things for you based on your type of skin, age, etc.

Thanks for your replies. I will check out Paula Choice's products, I hear great things about them. Can anyone else recommend other brands similar to paula's like online or even better a great brand at the local drugstore. I will look into the greamcream, can I buy and check that out locally? CA?

Green Cream is retinol though - not exactly a moisturizer.

Try looking into emu oil or squalane or maybe something with hyaluronic acid (this stuff draws moisture from the air into the skin). Emu oil usually has vitamin e in it, as a preservative. Oh, and maybe you can look into Kate Somerville stuff. Moderately expensive but I hear great stuff about Quench.

Hi I could use your opinion on this situation, please help.

For reference I am a 25 year old male looking for a lotion/cream I can wear at night to complete my regimen and do what night creams are supposed to do but looking for one that actually works. You can call it anti-aging, collagen renewal, cell renewal, and etc. but I'm looking for something that can help my skin look younger, tighter, brighter, and just plain better than with nothing as I'm getting older.

I have tried Dan's Regimen and it doesn't work for me. I am currently using a simple fash wash from olay, Alpha Hydrox AHA lotion, and neutrogena ultra sheer sunblock. All I need now is a good effective night cream and I should be set for a while. Please help with your experiences and recommendations.

As for ingredients I've just been looking for products with vitamins and extracts but which ones are better than others and which one should I ultimately buy?

Thank you

since you already use the aha lotion - you could try their night cream - which I have used http://www.neotericcosmetics.com/product-details.aspx?iid=65, it has the retinol in it, a lighter dose, but has good reviews out there.