Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sunrise25

Finally blogging!

Hi everyone,

This is my second time on tane! I'm 23, 125Ibs. My first course was 20 mg/day for 8 months. My new derm thinks that a stronger dose would've done the trick!

Anyhow, my first time around I started with mild/moderate acne and the course completely cleared me! Now my acne came back with a vengeance - worse than anything I had before! So I'm back on the tane wagon starting off with 30 mg/day

This is my 10th day on it and I think im getting my IB as I've had some lovely red zits develop! My face is still oily but lips are def dry

Anyways, Ive read soo many logs that have given me a lot of hope. Im hoping mine will be able to help someone one day too and definitely look forward to the support through this lovely journey!

Have a great weekend everyone!

I think I've gotten addicted to acne.org! Does anyone else feel that way??

Not much new ro report - I have some blocked pores that appear to be coming to the surface. My skin's definitely in the getting worse phase. Im trying to just avoid mirrors and focus on other things.

I was thinking that my skin occupies most of my thinking. I'm hoping now that Ive started tane, I can just try to relax and let it do its thing. So here's what I'm hoping to do:

- Not examine my face every day. Once a week seems enough

- Minimize addiction to acne.org

- Start exercising again (need to build up the confidence to go to the gym without make up - any tips would be greatly appreciated!)

- Take up a hobby

- Go out more - when I wear make up most people cant really see my acne that well (I LOVE Estee Lauder's Double wear foundation -- it has incredible coverage and is oil-free and non comedogenic. However, it does take some effort to take off)

The day I throw it away though will be the happiest day of my life!

That is all folks - Im applying Aquaphor all the time and praying for clearer skin!

Good luck to us all :)

Hello fellow taners!

Apologies I havent posted in a while. I was thinking that if I stop thinking about my acne, it'll stop thinking about me too. Clearly there was no logic in this :)

Anyhow, Ive been on Tane 30 mg for almost 26 days now -- almost a month and just got bumped up to 40 mg. I'll post pics soon.

Over all, there's been a lot of improvement:

-My red marks too are not as red although still there and I dont get as many big pimples

- My face is finally dry (not too dry but no oil can be seen - which is great as I was an oil machine!)

- My lips get pretty chapped but I put on aquaphor like there was no tomorrow

I just got one pretty inflamed pimple in the middle of my cheek today (usually dont get acne there) which wasnt a pleasant surprise. It started out as a simple whitehead but became quite inflamed. Anything I can do to reduce the redness? I have clindamycin and Tazorac that I can use? Anyone done that?

The one negative thing Im noticing is that I have a lot of whiteheads around my chin and some on my upper cheek. Is this normal? Do they just start to clear themselves?

Ill post before and post 1 month pics soon!

Hope you're all doing very well and having a restful Sunday :)

Guest missyjean130

Good luck!!!! :D

Hope this time around you'll beat the break outs for good!

I get a lot of little whiteheads currently,I'm on my 10th day. You can ice inflamed pimples to reduce their swelling...and I use Eucerin redness relief which is VERY soothing and has the consistency of thick pudding.

Idk about the clindamycin soultion or tazorac, but I use 100% tea tree oil and it dries them out...I'm just going to use it as spot treatment now though, the stuff is strong! Also I'm finding neosporin is good at helping the healing of pimples that accidentally broke.

Thanks for stopping by my log Missyjean!

Hopefully we'll both beat the breakouts for good this time :) (I try to psych myself up about tane as much as possible since it can be a bumpy ride!)

Thanks for the suggestions - Im using an ice pack as we speak. Hopefully it'll do some good

You're just a little behind me so lets keep each other posted

Good luck!

venting..venting...GRRRRR!!

Just as all was calming down and I was getting more confident and going out more, a huge reddish papule (thank you Siava for clarifying the terminology :) ) pops up right in the middle of my cheek! I just entered the second month so its not that Im expecting to be cleaar now or anything, but I was hoping that I wont get one of those big centered ones :( oh well what can a woman do??

I keep meaning to post pics but my camera is broke -- will fix it soon and promise to post pics then (even though Im always scared to do that)

I think Ive just been a little stressed in general - I took time off work and went out of the country for a family vacation. The guy I had been dating for 4 months now just called me telling me he met someone else. That was the straw that broke the camel's back so to say! I had been crossing my fingers my face would get better and was being hopeful about it so that I can see him soon and be looking good, and this happens! Its a looong story and he has his reasons -- it would be long distance for a while -- but i guess i liked him a little too much so its kind of upsetting.

Anyways, just thought Id update and share -- skin issues and others too

Hi guys,

Im in week 1 of month 2 and unfortunately things have been pretty bad -- I got 4 big red actives on one side of my face :( It is sad.

Im finding it a little bit difficult to stay positive as everytime my confidence starts coming back, I get another hit.

Ive also unfortunately been losing a lot of hair which has been adding a lot to the stress

Any tips for coping with the stress while dealing with this situation??

I appreciate your help and support!

Try using a strong leave-in conditioner for your hair. It tends to shed when it gets dry and brittle on 'Tane.

I'm sorry things suck right now! They will get better, though!!

Thank you for the replies!

i-ming: I was 100% clear for 8-9 months before my acne came back. However, it came back much much worse than before for some reason. When I started my first course of accutane my acne wasnt that bad at all - I didnt have to wear makeup to cover it, I never had to stay in because of the condition on my face etc...but this time, i can never go out without make up and many times have avoided going out (I know I know, I shouldnt let it get to me but sometimes it does)

Deadbeat: Thanks for the support! Im trying Kerastase's Masque Intense hair mask. Its supposed to be for very dry hair. I hope it helps! Good luck on ur course too - I noticed you're starting soon. Wish you all the best :)

Hello again,

I just found some old pics from my last tane course and thought id post for encouragement (to all u taners and to myself as well :))

The first two pics are 2 months into my 20 mg course. My acne was concentrated on my cheeks and u can see how some of the marks are very red. The pic with the dog is without any make up (poor dog looks sooo tired!) and the other pic is with make up on. Sorry I dont have any pre-tane pics

The final pic is on my last month of the course, no make up. As u can see skin was flawless so theres hope to all of us!

Unfortunately im back on it again but hopefully this time it will be gone for good (pics of cheeks are from this time around - course 2, day 1) :=)

Heres the link

http://photobucket.com/sunrise_85

You're so pretty! Your acne doesn't look bad - I'm sure Accutane will clear it up nicely. =] Good luck!

Thanks Deadbeat! I sure hope it does :)

DAY 48

Hi there everyone!

Hope you're all well. Sorry I disappeared for a bit -- was away on vacation with nothing but dial up (seriously, how did we ever use that??? God bless DSL! )

So one side of my face is healing up nicely...the red marks are fading well, while my other cheek has been breaking out. It started with clogged pores that get inflamed and kaboom a big angry red pimple! usually takes 2 weeks to die down leaving a lovely red mark to mark its presence :) Im not sure why that side of my face keeps getting clogged pores? Is that just a part of the process?

Anyways, I finally got the courage (and a camera) to post pics in a slideshow. I think my camera's being nice to me and not making the red marks look as red as they actually are. Pics from day 1 are posted as well as a "after my first low dose tane course" pic. I think theres some improvement?

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm168/s...nt=0a141845.pbr

I was wondering if that thing on my cheek is a cyst or pupule? i honestly dont know the difference

Thanks guys :)

p.s. Right now Im loving David Gray! Anyone out there a fan as well?

As far as I know, a cyst is usually bigger than a pustule, deeply rooted, painful, and may take days to surface. A pustule can also be painful, but surfaces and heals quickly. I could be wrong though. :S

Best wishes to you on your 2nd course. I hope this is THE ONE.

Your skin looks great! I don't think those are cysts. My cysts/ nodules were 3 times the size of those. I actually found something from Dec which shows tons of them on my face but it is a video so I can't upload it.

Glad to see that you are doing well on your course. :)

Thanks Destinyrose! Its good to know they're not cysts :)

Im glad that my skins improving, although I seem to have a lot of those clogged under the skin thingies that usually become inflamed. I hope my skin can just swallow them :)

Thats a good analogy DB! I feel the same :)

Im on day 53 now

Not that many changes with my face -- the few bigish pimples that came up are taking some time to dry up and go away. I have some clogged pores around my mouth and chin but the red marks appear to be fading..yay (fingers crossed of course!) :clap:

Im actually not that dry so I hardly moisturize my face. Im applying aquaphor on my lips all the time though!

I dont see my doc until sept 15th since Im traveling but Im staying on the 30mgs tane and continuing my spiro at the same dose of 150mgs.

Heyy just a few questions I was wondering if you don't mind. Your skin looked great in that post tane picture I saw :) When you first went on it, were the effects similar to what you're experiencing now... and when did you finally clear up?? Also, how's the hair loss going? Hope you're doing well :pray: