Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Atkins

Grandparents KNOW the SECRETS???

Little background info: I have been suffering acne for 4 years I think, I only started caring about acne at the age of sixteen, it has never really affected me anyway. Anyways my whole family has had acne except my mother. My uncle seems to had it real bad, with serious acne scarring! My brother grew out of his at 18-19, my acne was serious but miraculously I have no scars except very very shallow scars. I get the usual spot here and there, but the strange thing is that spots only appear under my right jawline, where rest my face seems to have 'grown' out of it.

Around 4 months ago I went to visit my granddad, anyways he saw my spot and he told me he had exactly the same when he was young, he also has no scars. He told me one thing which kept my acne under control for good, well until yesterday i got one small red bump, only thing which i ate differently from yesterday was cornflakes, strange. Anyways he told me to shave everyday! I thought he was crazy, is that not going to irritate my spots even more, he said try it. I DID! And everyday i shaved, and I swear it works.

I wanted to share it with you, as I know acne can affect people, and i hope it helps some people in need

If you are a female, I apologize for wasting your time :rolleyes:

It sounds like it would work cuz there wont be hair there to irritate the skin but wont the razor just do the same? when you said shave is it ALL of the hair on your face or the ones that could grow in to a beard or a mushtach.

Im a female and I actually have shaved my face before at times when Im so infuriated about acne. Ive tried shaving the blackheads off my nose, Ive tried shaving wear cystic pimples on my chin are. I dont know what the hell I was thinking :lol:

ok, so im going to start using Amoxy morning and night.

then im going to use clindamycin morning and night. and at night im going to use differin.

i have mild-moderate acne. does anyone want to tell me if it will work or not. initial breakout will be fine, but im looking for something that will clear within 2 months.

thanks, im going to look up and keep a good attitude for it. please reply or create an account so you can reply to my post.

Sorry I was away was watching Ghost Busters - Brought back a lot of memories :D

First off:

wetwet - I only shave the beard area, NEVER shave your whole face! (if you actually see one of Dans video, shes shaves all his face :redface: ) I only receive pimples in my beard area only, (right jawline). I glide the razor gently over the pimples, just give it a try, shave right thing in the morning, and you will see a noticeable differing the next day.

acne_battle - I know acne can be very frustrating and you will try everything to get rid of it, but as i female, I would advice you to leave the razor away from your face, you don't want to look like werewolf.

austinjb555 - I don't use aftershave, I use palmers coca butter, its very good for your skin, it contains two known exfoliates - salicylic and lactic acid - both known to even skin tone, dry out pimples.

If you have any queries post away, I know how acne can be devastating to out physically and mentally, and I just want to share what worked for me, I just hope you all get the results that I got.

Agreed with the exfoliating comment. Razors can irritate, but they can also be excellent at scraping off the layers of dead skin cells.

day 2, there's was 3 little white spots but nothing I can't deal with. Overall it looks cleaner