Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
partyhard

Anyone use/d tretinoin for scarring?

You need to use Retin-A (tretinoin) consistently over a long period of time to see results, and the stronger formulations are better. I started with the .05% cream 26 months ago and switched to the .1% a year later. I've seen pretty good results. Recently I began mega-dosing on Vitamin C in the hope that it would accelerate collagen formation.

What I've learned over the years is ... To be successful with Retin-A, or most any other cosmetic product, you must have patience and perseverance in your character. If you have neither, you will give up in short order.

Stick with it!

A lot of people use some form of tretinion for skin care in general. It's a great product with a lot of studies to back up it's overall benefit. It won't dramatically help scars - unless they are just red marks.

But it will help with the overall health of the skin for other scar treatments.

The only caveat is if you have a dark skin tone, you need to be more cautious.

Thanks.

I'm hoping this will work for me. My scars are really shallow now, at this point.

I'm also fair-skinned.

To be successful with Retin-A, or most any other cosmetic product, you must have patience and perseverance in your character. If you have neither, you will give up in short order.

Stick with it!

Noted

ive been on retin a micro for about 3 months now and i use it almost every night unless my skin is dry or irritated i lay off for a day or two

imo they only way that retin a affects scarring is that it constantly sloughs of dead skin cells so your scars may lighten up a bit but it wont fill in your scars

its great for stopping acne, getting rid of blemishes and giving your skin a healthier tone tho