Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cmt

Advice for "spot" makeup application...

Hi,

Some people might want to try this if you think it would work for you.

I never wear foundation because I have fair skin and feel like Madame Butterfly if I do. I also live in a very humid climate. When I break out, it's severe, but it's almost strictly on my chin and jawline, so full face coverage isn't necessary for me.

Instead of foundation, I use a lipstick brush to apply stick concealer very thinly to my chin area. I like this because I can control how much I apply, which is harder with foundation. I swipe the brush across the cover stick and then almost "paint" it on my face. I then go back and apply more on red marks or pimples as needed. Over that I wear powder. On me, it just looks better than foundation and is easier to blend into my skin tone. I DON'T have oily skin (I'm 31 and outgrew it, too bad I can't outgrow acne ).

This will suck, or just not work at all, if you need makeup on your entire face. It would probably take you an hour to do, and afterwards you would be granted an honorary degree from a school of fine arts.

But it's great for me for spot coverage and for disguising the redness I get from topicals.

smile.gif

If you don't know what a lipstick brush is, it's just a small makeup brush with a fine tip...

One more thing: I just use Maybelline Smooth Result Age Minimizing stick concealear -- cheap and works well!

I went to the MAC cosmetic counter at my local department store and asked them to show me what would work to cover up my acne and scars. They told me to use MAC Select Cover Up concealer, which comes in a little tube. This should be put on with one of MAC's concealer brushes using an X motion, right now I just use my finger in an X motion on each spotted/red area and it works really well. Then I use MAC Studio Teach foundation and powder in one, you don't need much and it blends it well. Finally I use MAC's bronzing powder all over my face and neck to even out my skin tone, using a big bronzing brush. After using these products friends have said that not only does my skin look good, but I look like I've lost some weight! These products can be expensive when bought all at once, but they have been known to last a long time. Good Luck! biggrin.gif

PS- bring in 5 empty plastic MAC make-up containers and get a free lipstick!

I went to the MAC cosmetic counter at my local department store and asked them to show me what would work to cover up my acne and scars. They told me to use MAC Select Cover Up concealer, which comes in a little tube. This should be put on with one of MAC's concealer brushes using an X motion, right now I just use my finger in an X motion on each spotted/red area and it works really well. Then I use MAC Studio Teach foundation and powder in one, you don't need much and it blends it well. Finally I use MAC's bronzing powder all over my face and neck to even out my skin tone, using a big bronzing brush. After using these products friends have said that not only does my skin look good, but I look like I've lost some weight! These products can be expensive when bought all at once, but they have been known to last a long time. Good Luck!  :D  

I went to the MAC cosmetic counter at my local department store and asked them to show me what would work to cover up my acne and scars. They told me to use MAC Select Cover Up concealer, which comes in a little tube. This should be put on with one of MAC's concealer brushes using an X motion, right now I just use my finger in an X motion on each spotted/red area and it works really well. Then I use MAC Studio Teach foundation and powder in one, you don't need much and it blends it well. Finally I use MAC's bronzing powder all over my face and neck to even out my skin tone, using a big bronzing brush. After using these products friends have said that not only does my skin look good, but I look like I've lost some weight! These products can be expensive when bought all at once, but they have been known to last a long time. Good Luck!  biggrin.gif 

I went to the MAC cosmetic counter at my local department store and asked them to show me what would work to cover up my acne and scars. They told me to use MAC Select Cover Up concealer, which comes in a little tube. This should be put on with one of MAC's concealer brushes using an X motion, right now I just use my finger in an X motion on each spotted/red area and it works really well. Then I use MAC Studio Teach foundation and powder in one, you don't need much and it blends it well. Finally I use MAC's bronzing powder all over my face and neck to even out my skin tone, using a big bronzing brush. After using these products friends have said that not only does my skin look good, but I look like I've lost some weight! These products can be expensive when bought all at once, but they have been known to last a long time. Good Luck!  biggrin.gif 

Wow, that is brave of you. I dont think i could walk up to a stranger and ask that.